“There's no place like home.”
Review of Stardust Lodge

Stardust Lodge
Ranked #5 of 66 Hotels in South Lake Tahoe
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Another great stay at the stardust. Everything you could want or need either in walking distance or the excellent staff will help arrange or advise on the best transportation. Just a quick walk to the marina to catch a water taxi to fun. The staff is starting to feel like family and we have all the comforts of home. Love to see the familiar faces and the new ones too, thanks Delores for always a bringing a smile!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Kvdburg
There are newer reviews for Stardust Lodge

Reviewed July 1, 2013

What a great place! The moment I showed up on the property I was made to feel like I was a welcome part of the family. Kenny as well as the rest of the staff were very friendly and accommodating. Within 10 minutes of arriving, I (way early I should note), I had a room and a complete run down of all the great amenities and activities the lodge had to offer. Talk about a convenient location, all the hot spots are within a 5 minute walking distance. In short, I visit South Lake every couple of months and typically stay at different hotels depending on price and availability. The Stardust Lodge was a hit on both accounts. This will likely be my preferred place to stay going forward.

Room Tip: Call ahead and tell them your specific needs and I'm confident they will try and accommodate you...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Geoff A
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I very much enjoyed my stay at this hotel. The reception that I got on check in (Carmen) was excellent - she was cheerful, efficient and provided me with a pass to the private beach a 5 min walk away and free pool towels. Subsequently Sydney provided quick answers to any questions that I had.

The room (No. 415) was at the rear of the property. It was quiet and clean. I know that some people have described the units as small - but I found it to be perfectly adequate and well appointed. It was remodelled and finished to a high standard. The pool and spa at the back were fine - a great way to relax at the end of the day. Free popcorn and movie rental was a great addition as well as free laundry. Again I know that other users have commented on the 'resort fee' that covers these costs and the cost of the beach access (which alone is $5 per person), so in fact I found it to be very reasonable.

The breakfast donuts were amazing too and it is all just a short walk from the Heavenly Gondola and the town centre.

I would stay here again in a jiffy.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 27, 2013

WOW! I just LOVE the Stardust, they make my family feel so much at home! Two pools with two hottubs, not to mention free movie rentals, (and they have the new ones), paired with a fabulous staff? Just perfect. Our room check-in was delayed 2 hours, but Kenny who works at the front desk, brought us out a bottle of wine and some friendly chit-chat that made those 2 hours pass by.

Room Tip: We suggest the front side only because its closer to the front desk. Also the upstairs rooms are qui...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 27, 2013

We stayed here for a week to enjoy Lake Tahoe, and it was the perfect location. It's right across the street from the Heavenly gondola, but still just a quick walk to the casinos. The room was clean and the bathroom was gorgeous. We were rarely in the room, but we enjoyed it there. There's lots of activities that they organize for their guests (we didn't participate but I know they existed!) and they have a continental breakfast available (donuts, orange juice, coffee) - this is a nice touch! The front desk had lots of suggestions of activities and companies we should contact, so that was very helpful. The reason for my four stars (rather than five):

- by "cozy" in the title, I mean "very small" - it's a Murphy bed, and once it's down, there is very little moving around space. Not a huge deal, but I definitely kicked the bed a few times while walking around!

- the parking situation was a little confusing. We often had to move the car because there was painting being done, etc. Not a huge deal, but just inconvenient.

Otherwise - great place, and would recommend!

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MissGypsy2012
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Stardust employees were friendly, Sydney offered tips on restaurants, bicycle paths, hiking trails. Everyone at the resort was friendly. Newly renovated rooms made a huge difference. Nice to have resort sponsored dinners and activities. Casinos in walking distance. Will return to Stardust.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 20, 2013

This is a timeshare which they also rent if they have vacancy. We stayed in a studio which is a converted motel room. They did the best they could with the space. Everything new - bath and small corner kitchen. Granite counter tops, self-closing drawers. Bed is queen murphy bed with built in couch. Small table and 2 chairs. Flat screen TV.

They have several "free" acttivities and a breakfast every morning. coffee, juice, hard-boiled eggs, donuts and fruit. Same thing every day. They also have 2 dinners - hot dogs and hamburgers and lasagna.. They also had guided walks and bike rides and an evening entertainer one evening. These "free" services cost $49 per unit, per week. Staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The 1 bedroom units are the same as studio except they broke thru a wall and combined 2 rooms. There are 2 pools and 2 hot tubs. Hot tubs are plastic and should be replaced - they're showing wear.

The location is great. Walking distance to casinos. They also give you a pass to get into Lakeside beach which is a few blocks from motel.

There were 2 of us and it was really small, but we didn't spend much time in room.
We might consider staying at Stardust again, if we couldn't get anything else.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple