“Great utility hotel for a family on a budget”

Rodeway Inn Casino Center
Ranked #33 of 65 Hotels in South Lake Tahoe
Reviewed January 16, 2011

We chose to stay at this hotel as the price was right and the proximity to Heavenly Ski Resort was fantastic. It is not a fancy place to stay. It is clean and cheap, and comes with a small complimentary breakfast.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank GrpFrmr

Reviewed November 15, 2010

I am not sure how much a room would cost any other time of year but we only paid £26 for one night in October. With the Choices Card the receptionist upgraded our room into the main hotel on the otherside of the road. We assumed our room would have been in the motel which wouldn't have been so great without the upgrade especially as the night temperature was minus 7. This also included a free breakfast which was nothing grand but was ok.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TJDK
Reviewed November 2, 2010

I found this Rodeway Inn to be clean and comfortable and the breakfast was good. It's very close to the casinos, restaurants and shopping. If you need two rooms reserve the corner rooms in the building across the street from the office. These rooms are adjacent and private at the end of the hallways. The rooms at the back of that building are also very quiet. This building is showing it's age but overall it's a great value and I would stay again anytime.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank evolvedfish
Reviewed October 26, 2010

This was a decent hotel but not as nice as some. We had no problems. The rooms were clean. It was an old motel with no inside hallways. It was a little odd. You entered a door off the balcony and then there were two more doors that went to the rooms. They definitely could use some updates.
We were on the road for a week when we arrived here. The price was a little high compared to what we had been paying but it was in South Lake Tahoe and we arrived on a Saturday night. Other hotels in the area were either booked or much higher in price.
We also didnt know that it the the weekend for the Pro-Am Golf Tournament and Rascal Flatts was doing an outdoor concert. The streets were lined with chairs when we arrived. The city was packed.
The breakfast area was very small and crowded, so we took our food outside to eat. It was OK. All in all we had no complaints.

1  Thank Charlotte S
Reviewed October 18, 2010

Yep, BEDBUGS!
Woke up to blood stains on sheets and pillow cases.
Desk staff did not seem to care. yuck!
STAY at the DAYS INN on 50 instead.
CLEAN - NO BUGS!!!!!!!!! We loved it!!!!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank murphy5721
Reviewed July 30, 2010

I just returned from a four night stay at the Rodeway Inn at Tahoe. This was my third visit to the motel, which shows how much I've enjoyed my stays there every time! First of all, its location is fantastic, on a quiet wooded side street just one block up from the motel's nice private beach, and four blocks down from Heavenly Village, several restaurants, a supermarket and the Casinos. Some days I never even started my car - just walked everywhere. About the rooms: I've only ever stayed in the section across the street from the office. There are queen rooms with balconies, and king rooms that are bigger and have newer fixtures. But both are very clean and liveable - it just depends on whether you'd like more elbow room or a balcony. The beds are comfortable, and the motel uses nice soft quality towels. There's a small pool and a hot tub which are open till 10pm (plus point for me), and they also serve a free continental breakfast, which I can't comment on because I always missed it by oversleeping. :)
What else? The people who work here are friendly, the free wi-fi worked perfectly in my room, check-in is fast and the midweek rates are *wonderfully* low! I will definitely continue to stay here every time I visit Lake Tahoe.

2  Thank Raccoonteur
Reviewed July 18, 2010

I was a little anxious about staying here since there were so many mixed reviews, but they are pet-friendly and had a room available at the last minute in the middle of July, so I took a chance. They are a 3-4 block easy walk to Harrah's. The owner was very friendly and helpful. They found a place for us to park our large boat. I had asked for the newer rooms and the rooms were extremely clean. I wasn't afraid to walk barefoot or take a shower. The bed was so comfortable I slept like a dream, and the pillows were heavenly. The shower had a good flow of water. There was a cold cereal and homemade waffle iron for breakfast, and peanut butter, and toast. There is a private beach. We were very pleased and will be back. Only thing is that for $250.00 I would expect a luxury room, but considering its location, I guess that is why it was expensive.

1  Thank terraiasco