“Stay at the City Dump...it's cleaner!”

Rodeway Inn Casino Center
Ranked #30 of 65 Hotels in South Lake Tahoe
Reviewed June 25, 2007

Filthy rooms, carpet stains, bath fixtures broken, light switches broken. A plastic cup with brown water and 20-30 cigarette butts remained in the hall stairwell for our entire stay.

• Stayed: June 2007
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank jmcgilroy

Reviewed June 5, 2007

I almost let unfavorable reviews talk me out of staying at the Rodeway Inn. I'm glad I trusted my instincts and gave the place a chance. I can see how those who yearn to be pampered in luxury would not be satisfied, but my wife and I are simple people with very modest needs, and the Rodeway Inn was more than adequate as a place to spend the night. The people at the front desk were friendly and efficient. Our room was small, but the bathroom was spotless and there was plenty of hot water for our showers. The queen-sized bed was comfortable enough for the two of us, and we were given two extra pillows free of charge when we asked for them. The complimentary wireless Internet connection worked like a charm. The 27or larger inch TV gave us 60 clear channels of varied programming (I was delighted that I was able to catch the season-ending episode of "The Shield" on F/X). We didn't use the microwave oven in our room, but it was nice to have one there. It was just a few blocks to the private beach to which we had complimentary access and which afforded us a stunning view of beautiful Lake Tahoe and the majestic surrounding mountains. It was about the same distance to Harvey's and Harrah's, and we took advantage of this by walking to those casinos and to dinner at the Forest Buffet on the 18th floor of Harrah's. Finally the complimentary breakfast the next morning was all we needed. It offered coffee, orange juice, bread, butter, peanut butter, jelly, fresh fruit, packaged pastry, two kinds of cold cereal, and different flavors of Quaker instant oatmeal. Our room cost us only $39 for the night, and I would unequivocally state that we got more than our money's worth and would not hesitate to book a room there again. I highly recommend the place to budget-conscious people looking for basic accommodations and outstanding value and convenience. I don't begin to know how the Rodeway Inn offers so much for so little, but I sure hope they keep doing it!

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank nagarjuna1953
Reviewed July 20, 2006

The room was filthy, the carpeting so dirty that walking without shoes was impossible. There were no screens on the windows, allowing the room to fill with mosquitos. The lights were so dim you could barely see. There were no chairs in the room.

Stayed: June 2006
1  Thank Nevilleb
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed June 23, 2006

I use sites like this when making my travel plans, therefore I want to leave a thourough review.

Good:
This hotel is very cheap considering its location. I stayed in there suite which was quite spacious. 2 seperate bedrooms, a kitchen, living room, and bathroom. I felt very safe and comfortable staying there with children. There is ample free parking for everyone. The pool was nice and comfortable as was the Hot Tub. The staff was very corteous and polite.

Bad:
This room is very very dated. The kitchen was missing countertop tiles. The bathtub had rust stains and small black bugs in it. Te entire room had a very old stall smell to it. The blankets felt like sandpaper. The breakfast was no breakfast at all. There was just coffee, danishes, bread, and apples.

Just remember you get exactly what you pay for. if you only need someplace to lay your head this will probably work for you. Otherwise look elsewhere.

• Stayed: June 2006
5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Bakersfield, California
Reviewed May 22, 2006

I chose the Four Seasons Weddings Chapel because their prices were reasonable and from the pictures on their website -looked like the perfect place for our little wedding.

The hotel we stayed (same location as the chapel) in was definitely NOT the best. But hey, you get what you pay for.

The most heart-breaking thing for me, were my wedding pictures. I strongly recommend that if you are planning to get married in their cute chapel - BRING YOUR OWN PHOTOGRAPHER!!! We paid $50 for a dozen photos. 5 are blurry, 2 are waaayy off centered, and the rest turned out OK. I only like 2 of them! And these are the only pictures I have of the wedding. :(

I do have to say that the staff were all nice & professional.

6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 23, 2006

First the bad stuff...
Heater took two hours to heat up the room.
The hot tub was small and warm. Not to mention the concrete surrounding it was crumbled.
The mattress had some springs pushing out in an annoyingly sharp way.
Lighting sucked. The lighting made it look like a crack room.
The good stuff...
Free continental breakfast including cereal and toast but powdered coffee cream and no bagels.
Centrally located! Very close to the Casinos and Heavenly Gondola. Walking distance, four city blocks to either.
The lake was even closer, 1 city block.
Can't beat the price.

If you're looking to be close and spend the least amount of money, this is your place. If you want newer accomodations, book elsewhere.

Stayed: April 2006
2  Thank Pmramirezjr
CAlif, lodi
Reviewed April 17, 2006

It is a just okay place
No microwave no fridge
It has noisy clients
Bathrooms in need of repair

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member