“Great Deal”

Rodeway Inn Casino Center
Ranked #32 of 65 Hotels in South Lake Tahoe
Reviewed December 19, 2012

I went on a short snowboarding trip with a buddy and stayed here and it was everything I could want and more for a $45/night hotel.
Pro's:
-inexpensive
-walking distance to casinos
-clean
-breakfast (better than I expected)
Con's:
-hot tub was not even close to hot enough

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed November 7, 2012

Cant believe anyone can say that this dive rates a 4 star on TA. The room is small with a king bed the bed blanket has rips and holes, the internet is a joke, the towel bar is falling off the wall,no card swipe to gain acess into the hallways so any riff raff can walk the hallways in the building across the street. The hot tub looks like a cess pool of germs, it hasnt been cleaned in months or years all the furniture has deep scratches, the walls have nicks and holes. We booked three nights and would leave after the first night but the hotel has a 48 hour cancellation policy so we are stuck. If your looking for a dive with a cheap rate you get what you pay for at this rodeway

Room Tip: simple tip book else where
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Greyhoundlover
Reviewed October 7, 2012

I used my Choice hotel points to stay for 2 nights. The checkin lady was very friendly and efficient. It was a busy weekend and the place was full. The room was across on the 2nd floor with a kingbed. Very comfortable and clean. Its located on a quite residential street so no noise and very quiet at night. The breakfast room is bigger than many other Rodeways with additional tables outside. Lots of hot stuff - scrambled eggs, sausages, waffles, etc and despite being full with a lot of people, the staff did a good job of replanishing. Walking distance to the beach. The casinos are just a two minute drive. Overall a very nice place to stay. Will stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank D B
Reviewed September 14, 2012

Stayed here in early September, and booked room last minute. There are pet friendly, and the free wi-fi was also pretty good. The front desk staff are friendly too! The free breakfast is decent with eggs, waffles, cereal and the usual. You can actually also eat outside or inside which is nice. (Not a rebuke on the hotel, but it is amazing to see people load up food, such as an entire plate of scrambled eggs which must weigh 1-2 lbs...Then throw over 3/4 of it away.)
Anyway, there is a free beach pass to a cute nearby beach (walkable). This saves you a few dollars as I believe admission was $5 each. The casinos are easily walkable, so you can park by your room and don't have to drive again. Our room was on the third floor across street from reception, but there are elevators. This is a good value, and in a great location! A room in a casino, with no amenities, was 5X the price!

Room Tip: Good location, walkable to free beach and the casinos are nearby within a few minutes walk.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank poetcat
Reviewed September 1, 2012

We got a great rate midweek at this nice little place nestled in the pine trees. Our room was a king bed room across the street from the motel check in. Initially it seemed a bit small, but after unpacking, we had plenty of room. It also had a little balcony with 2 chairs and a small table overlooking a beautiful wedding garden. Our room and bathroom were very clean and the mattress on the bed was extremely comfortable. I also liked that the hallways were quite wide which made it easy to move luggage to and from our room. I thought the breakfast was pretty good - they even had scrambled eggs and hash browns! The motel is on a quiet side street but is still only a five minute walk from casinos or the private beach. I would definetly stay here again.

Room Tip: king room with balcony
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank amtravels54
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Bird poop all over our balcony, cramped and mismatched room, small lumpy pillows, towel rack and toilet paper holder falling down, greasy breakfast (done serving at 9:30 am!)... I can't figure out why this hotel has been ranked so high in past reviews...
I would have reported problems during stay if anyone had answered at front desk, or been attending it when I walked across the street to the office, to find some help. When I reported problems at checkout, I was denied any discount for the multiple issues, including housekeeping walking in, unannoucnced, at 3 in the afternoon, while I was changing! When checking out, I was told management would call me when "they got back from church", to discuss the issues, but 4 days later, haven't heard from them. It was our 20th anniversary, & I was SO disappointed with this important aspect of our trip. It made me want to cry. The front desk staff blamed me for not walking to their offices, across the street to address the problems before checkout- but I did; as I said, no one was at the desk when I stopped in, and no one answered the phone when I called. Still I was charged full price for our small, mismatched, dirty room. The only good thing were the complimentary beach access, & that the sheets, sink & toilet were clean; I had to wipe down tables, door knobs, telephone and remote on my own, due to visable dust and dirt. What a sad joke.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GinaMarie23
Reviewed August 19, 2012

I really enjoyed my stay at Rodeway Inn Casino Center. The staff was very friendly and service minded - while the location of the hotel is very good! A shopping area, a beach and the casinos were all within walking distance. I was a bit surprised by the size of the South Lake Tahoe area, which means a car is very much needed for a stay here.

The hotel had cheap washing and drying facilities, while there was an outside an outside BBQ and eating area. We used these facilities quite a bit. Rodeway Inn gave access to private beach within walking distance (the one mentioned above). The hotel also had a small pool and spa. Breakfast was okay – I did love the waffles.

Our room was very clean although a bit small. For the same reason I would recommend getting a room with a king size or something like it instead of the queen if a bigger size room is needed.

All in all I would definitely consider staying here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple