WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Rodeway Inn Casino Center

Rodeway Inn Casino Center
Ranked #35 of 68 Hotels in South Lake Tahoe
Frederiksberg, Denmark
“Rodeway Inn - I would stay here again”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2012

I really enjoyed my stay at Rodeway Inn Casino Center. The staff was very friendly and service minded - while the location of the hotel is very good! A shopping area, a beach and the casinos were all within walking distance. I was a bit surprised by the size of the South Lake Tahoe area, which means a car is very much needed for a stay here.

The hotel had cheap washing and drying facilities, while there was an outside an outside BBQ and eating area. We used these facilities quite a bit. Rodeway Inn gave access to private beach within walking distance (the one mentioned above). The hotel also had a small pool and spa. Breakfast was okay – I did love the waffles.

Our room was very clean although a bit small. For the same reason I would recommend getting a room with a king size or something like it instead of the queen if a bigger size room is needed.

All in all I would definitely consider staying here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Vrangbak

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2012

People running Rodeway Inn from housekeeping to the owners are VERY HONEST! I left my bag full of personal items during our stay last Sunday, the 11th of August and it was kept intact. DEE, from the front desk was very nice and helped me to get it shipped overnight via FEDEX . We initially booked a different hotel that is more expensive, but changed to Rodeway Inn because of airconditioned rooms and their breakfast is very good with scrambled eggs, sausage and mushroom. They also had waffles and fruits with orange/apple juice.... great way to save for jetskiing activity. So close to the beach and casinos... room may be a bit small, but very clean and provided us with a refrigerator when requested. This is a VERY GOOD DEAL and will surely come back. Thanks, again, DEE for facilitating return of my bag. :)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank E V
Antelope, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2012

A motel in one of the prettiest places in the world, Lake Tahoe. We had a room on the same side of the street as the office (2 buildings, one on either side of street)
Room smelt like an ashtray, I called the desk asked why we got a smoking room, they said its a non smoking place.....I told them it smells and they did not offer a new room so I said I need a new room, none available I was told...STRIKE 1. The room was not clean, my wife was first in the shower and found hair in the shower curtain and drain..not our hair...STRIKE 2
Bedtime, the bed closest to the window had the worst mattress ever on it. Now I stay in hotels an average of 3 nights a week but this one woke me up about 3 am with a sore lower back. I had to get in the other bed with our 3 year old because it had a better mattress! (we switched beds the next night) STRIKE 3. Do I need to go on? No, but I will.....they have a pool and spa that looks like it has not been cleaned all summer. They have a wedding chapel and grass outdoor area for same (who in their right mind wants to get married at the Rodeway?) and on Saturday afternoon when we came back no parking within a block! The street is no parking and all the rest of the places are private..... I see some reviews say the building across the street has better rooms but I can not speak to that.
We never sampled the breakfast as it was gone by 8:30.....

Also, I noticed on my receipt that they changed the name to Rodeway Downtown....like there is a "downtown" South Lake Tahoe.....maybe in hopes to shed some bad reviews?

Bottom line: Skip this place. There are plenty of other places in the area.

PS, the shower heads are junk!

Room Tip: use a different hotel or roll the dice on the room across from the office
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Travelers are raving about these South Lake Tahoe hotels

Kent, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2012

We were recommended by two ladies we met in a car park - otherwise we would never have come across it Our room was large with a brand new bed - across the street from reception. Breakfast was much better than most motels and the nearby casinos offer super buffets at reasonable prices.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank mikezw
Ames, Iowa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2012

great location walk to beach. Room was small and old but clean and comfortable. Breakfast was great. Nice variety. For the price it was a great deal.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank gail j
Monterey, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2012

This place is OK if you want a cheap room to crash when you go skiing or something. The room we stayed in (#125) was very old; everything in it was old. The shower curtain had mold on it and the towels did not smell clean. The whole room had a weird smell, probably as a result of years of cheap air freshener accumulating. And it's not actually a casino, though it's very close to one.

The good things about it include the hairdryer, the hot tub, and the breakfast. The staff at the front desk were also nice.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank BkPker1359
Dubendorf, Switzerland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2011

Nothing to complain. The motel is a bit dated, but the room was fine and the price really great. And you get free breakfast and wifi!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple