“Good Value”

Ranked #52 of 66 Hotels in South Lake Tahoe
Coventry, UK
“Good Value”
Reviewed April 16, 2006

Good value for money motel rooms with continental breakfast. Friendly staff with a good Indian restaurant attached. Close to all of the Tahoe action and within walking distance from the Heavenly gondola (10 minutes). Hot tub was a bonus after a day on the slopes!

3 Thank Zoe-Peter

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 15, 2006

This was by far the worst hotel I have ever stayed at. The building was shabby and the room was disgusting. There was mildew in the tub and on the shower curtain. The paint was peeling off the walls and the room was overall dated and filthy. I truly feel that I was ripped off as I paid $159 + tax to stay opne night. I prebooked through hotels and was not able to cancel it when I arrived. Take my advice and dont stay there. You will regret ever booking this hotel.

• Stayed March 2006
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travelers are raving about these South Lake Tahoe hotels

york
Reviewed October 21, 2005

We arrived in South Lake Tahoe without accommodation and walked along the main road where most of the hotels and motels were. Some were a bit too far away from Heavenly Village to walk at night and others seemed to be very close to the road. QI however had rooms set further back so we asked for one of those and were not disappointed. The room was clean, more than adequate and we heard no traffic noise. The breakfast was substantial, and we would be happy to stay there again. It was certainly very good value for money.

• Stayed October 2005
3 Thank blinkersguitar
Torrance, California
Reviewed August 8, 2005

We stayed at the Quality Inn (I didn't see any suites...but they could have been there). Our stay was pleasant. The hotel is old but the management keeps the place clean. Everything worked. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The continental breakfast consisted of danish, coffee, milk, juice toast and bagels, yogurt and fruit cocktail, all in all a very adequate spread. We encountered no problems. Granted the hotel is no Four Seasons but it is just fine for a 2 or 3 night stay. My only complaint is that it is too far from the lake (a 15-20 minute walk) but it never claimed to be lakefront so that's my problem.

• Stayed August 2005
1 Thank mdfinney
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 30, 2005

My husband and I stayed for three nights, from May 18-21. I was a bit apprehensive, mainly because of some negative reviews I'd read here. I shouldn't have worried.

Our stay was just fine, and the pricing was good, too. We noticed new carpeting being installed in some of the rooms. Ranae, at the front desk, couldn't have been nicer, and was very helpful in answering our inquiries about the area.

The QI is not a deluxe property, and we hadn't expected it to be. But IMO, it is a decent place to stay, at a reasonable rate, with an included continental breakfast, and in a good South Lake Tahoe location.

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Scotland
Reviewed April 16, 2005

We stayed here for 2 weeks, in December 04 and April 05. I read some reviews after I booked and I was worried, but I needn't have been. Ok, it's not the Waldorf Astoria or the Ritz, but it doesn't pretend to be. The rooms were fine - a good size, warm, well furnished and equipped, and clean. The staff could not have been friendlier, more helpful or polite. Location is good for skiing, shopping, casinos and other entertainment. I don't see what some of the other reviewers were complaining about.

• Stayed April 2005
1 Thank 1310petem
San Mateo, California
Reviewed March 2, 2005

My wife, I, and two children needed something where 4 can sleep and "quality" inn was the only place which had a suite available. On arrival the manager claimed that Travelocity did not inform him of 4 guests and that the sofa in the suite is not a sleeper. He suggested a $30 upgrade to a "junior suite". We first agreed, but the "junior suite" turned out to be a plain room with two queen beds in the worst possible location. When confronted with the facts he admitted it was just a room rather than a suite (?!). We demanded to see the suite. The suite at least had two (tiny) rooms and the sofa turned out to be a sleeper (??!!). So we occupied the suite. Shortly after we discovered there's no bedding for the sofa. The manager declined to provide the sheets (!!). After 1 hour of mostly being on hold Travelocity agent could not convince the manager of the inn to provide bedding. In the morning we found the same person in the office serving continental breakfast and checking out guests at the same time. I wondered if he did not want to provide bedding because he's in charge of laundry as well...

Regarding the hotel itself. The other negative comments say it well, no need reiterating. We stayed in four other places in South Lake Tahoe this winter (Forest Suites, 3 Peaks, Lakeland, Holiday Inn) and this one should be rated two starts below the lowest of the other four.

3 Thank bayarian
Also consider these accommodations in or near South Lake Tahoe
National 9 Inn - South Lake Tahoe
National 9 Inn - South Lake Taho...
#49 of 66 in South Lake Tahoe
Rodeway Inn Casino Center
#34 of 66 in South Lake Tahoe
Budget Inn South Lake Tahoe
Budget Inn South Lake Tahoe
#73 of 119 in Lake Tahoe (California)
Bluelake Inn at Tahoe
Bluelake Inn at Tahoe
#27 of 66 in South Lake Tahoe
Americana Village
Americana Village
#6 of 66 in South Lake Tahoe

Been to Econo Lodge Heavenly Village Area? Share your experiences!