Holiday Inn Express South Lake Tahoe
Hotel Azure(South Lake Tahoe)(Great Value!)
$251
$244
Postmarc Hotel and Spa Suites(South Lake Tahoe)(Great Value!)
$212
Lake Tahoe Resort Hotel(South Lake Tahoe)(Great Value!)
$189
$159
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $176/night.

3 Peaks Resort & Beach Club(South Lake Tahoe)(Great Value!)
$115
Grand Residences by Marriott, Tahoe(South Lake Tahoe)(Great Value!)
$429
$349
  • Pool
Tahoe Lakeshore Lodge and Spa(South Lake Tahoe)(Great Value!)
$269
Marriott's Timber Lodge(South Lake Tahoe)(Great Value!)
$349
  • Pool
The Landing Resort & Spa(South Lake Tahoe)
$329
$299
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $356/night.

Beach Retreat & Lodge at Tahoe(South Lake Tahoe)(Great Value!)
$269
$207
Agoda.com
$230
$186
Priceline
All reviewshi expresspancake machinethe breakfast areaoutdoor poolheavenly gondolawithin walking distancetwo sinksyogurtdecent breakfasthotel is in a great locationwould stay here againstayed for two nightscomplimentary breakfastroom was spaciouscasino hotelsacross the streettwo queen beds
Reviewed October 24, 2013

This motel was EXTREMLY CLEAN and very accomodating. We had trouble finding a hotel/motel that would hold a block of rooms for my daughters wedding party. The Holiday Inn Express was very accomodating with holding our block of 10 rooms they had us all together and a great rate. The outside of this motel is very woodsy looking but the inside was all new and decorated nicely.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Hotel S, Manager at Holiday Inn Express South Lake Tahoe, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2013

Dear Wendy D,

I hope that your daughters wedding turned out to be a fantastic experience. I am glad that our staff was able to accommodate your party and keep the rooms close to each other. Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review of our property, hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed October 14, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at this hotel for one night as we were passing through Lake Tahoe. For a standard room with a king size bed we paid $150. I would say this hotel is just okay. I didn't have a horrible experience, but it wasn't exactly a great one either.

Pros:
1) The room was very clean. I hate walking into a hotel and feeling like it is scummy or gross. This holiday inn did NOT feel like that and I was very happy with how clean everything was.
2) Excellent location! Easy walk to heavenly village and the casinos. Very close to Carrows and Applebees if you are just looking for something quick.
3) Free wifi
4) Spacious and comfy king bed
5) Nice TV and many channels available
6) Free parking right outside the rooms

Cons:
1) Housekeeping!!! First they woke us up early by slamming the cart around very loudly outside. Then they knocked on our door at 8:30am. We told them we were still sleeping but they kept coming by and knocking on our door repeatedly, even after we put in the "please let us sleep for a few more hours" placard. This kept occurring from 8:30-10:30pm. Check out time was 12pm and we felt that housekeeping kept pressuring us to leave, even hours before checkout. I found it very irritating to be woken up in this way and did not appreciate practically being pushed out the door.
2) Continental breakfast was not great. They did have a lot of items to choose from, but all of the items were poor quality. In addition, the way the breakfast area is set up is annoying. It was very crowded and hard to access many of the items we wanted.
3) Although the bathroom was a good size, the bedroom was pretty small overall and felt cramped even for 2 people.
4) Walls seemed like they were paper thin. We could constantly hear people walking by and up/down the stairs.
5) Lack of amenities. I have stayed at hotels for similar prices that had gyms, room service, etc which is always convenient.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Megan24209
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express South Lake Tahoe, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2013

Dear Megan24209,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences. It's nice to hear that you like our clean rooms and convenient location. Our goal is to provide superior customer service and a unique stay to all of our guests. I would like to apologize for any inconveniences you may have experienced due to the unacceptable housekeeping service received and amenities. We will address these points and we hope when you return you will see the improvements made. Once again thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed October 12, 2013

I normally don't stay at "express" hotels but the reviews were good so thought I would try it. The room was clean, quiet, and very reasonably priced, compared to some of the other hotels in the area. Breakfast is free but not to my liking. If you are picky about your breakfast food there are may places within walking distance.

Room Tip: If you like a sunny room you should request it. These rooms open up to an outside hallway with a cover. My room was darker than I like (without lights)
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 11, 2013

Spent one night on vacation. Great front desk. I asked for a shower stool when I registered and they were at the door with one when I got to room. Great location, good breakfast, great little Inn. Would stay again.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 18, 2013

We stayed two quiet nights at this property, in a nice-sized king room. They include a nice breakfast buffet and free Wi-Fi. What I especially liked were two separately-controlled lights in the ceiling, making the room brighter than most hotel/motel rooms. The staff was friendly and accommodating.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple