If you're ike me, when I go on a ski trip, I like to take in more of the mountains and outdoors than the 24 hour glare of gambling casinos. It took several trips to South Lake Tahoe to figure out where the best place is to stay. I've stayed in many of the hotels but for proximity, cost and quality the Holiday Inn Express is the best place to stay IF you're going to South Lake to snow ski. You don't have to drive up to the base of the mountain if you take the gondola in the center of town and it's not that far to this hotel at all. Maybe 3 to 4 city blocks like those that are in New York City. The hotel serves a continental breakfast that comes with the room that is excellent. For those that like the casino life they are just on the other side of the gondola, so you're close for casinos as well and you can leave your car at the hotel. Late in the evening the county sheriffs are out looking for drunk drivers, which is fine with me, but if you're inclined to over party a bit, (which I'm not), it is another reason to stay out of our car coming home from the casinos. There are a number of other hotel/motels in the area, but the rooms at this hotel are well maintained and perfect for a crash pad coming off the the slopes. ONE MORE THING....don't forget that Lake Take is becoming more of a summer vacation spot as well. There are boat rental places you can find on the net so you can go out and cruise and water ski the crystal clear waters of the prettiest lake in the U.S.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express, South Lake Tahoe is centrally located on Hwy 50, nestled in the heart of South Lake Tahoe. Getting here is fast and convenient too. We are the ideal place to enjoy fresh mountain air, beautiful scenery and natural landscaping. The Holiday Inn Express is just minutes from Lake Tahoe, Nevada Stateline Casinos, Skiing, Horseback Riding, Shopping, Movie Theaters, Boat Cruises, and so much more! Our facilities include an Seasonal Outdoor Pool and Spa. Our Indoor Spa and Sauna Room is currently being renovated, until June 2016. We are a completely Smoke-Free facility. Our hotel features include Complimentary Express Start Breakfast, Free Wi-Fi Internet Access and Local Phone Calls. You are close to Restaurants and Night Life yet amid graceful Pine Trees. Visit South Lake Tahoe, CA and Stay Smart at the Holiday Inn Express. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, IHG, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express South Lake Tahoe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express South Lake Tahoe Hotel South Lake Tahoe
- Holiday Inn Express Lake Tahoe
- Holiday Inn Lake Tahoe
- Lake Tahoe Holiday Inn