“Decidedly . . . So-so.”

Dragon Buffet
Bangkok
“Decidedly . . . So-so.”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

My wife was in the mood for Chinese, and as this was the highest-rated Chinese restaurant in South Lake Tahoe, we took it in.

It was easy to find, and the building itself was fine. The selection was on the minimal side, probably with the fewest choices I've seen at any Chinese buffet. They did have a Mongolian BBQ option, but even that was minimal. After choosing from the few veggie and meat ingredients, there was no option for the sauces. It was up to the cook to put in the flavoring based on very sweet, sweet, or slightly sweet.

Nothing was bad, but nothing much was really good. It was all basically edible.

There were signs over some of the food that if you came in at the end of lunch and paid the lunch price, then you were not allowed to help yourself to those dishes. I was also surprised to be charged for the basic drink. This all seemed to be penny-pinching to me. The price we paid for the meal was far more than what we've paid for other Chinese buffets around the country.

The saving grace was that the food was OK. I was not impressed, but neither did I go home hungry.

• Visited May 2014

san jose
“Great Food for the price!”
Reviewed April 9, 2014

I recently had the lunch buffet. They had great sushi and lots of other goodies to chose from. I will definitely go back when I visit Tahoe again.

Visited April 2014
South Lake Tahoe, California
“Good Chinese Buffet”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Good Buffet for the price. Three types of soup, Decent Chinese food. Good Sushi choices. Lunch is good, but Dinner is a lot better.

• Visited October 2013
California
“Good lunch buffet”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Average Chinese buffet selection for lunch, 11am-430pm. Price is reasonable, seniors like me get a 10% discount. What I like best is the Mongolian BBQ, you put as much meat, veggies, noodles as you like and they cook it with the sauce you prefer, depends on where you place your plate, the table near the cook is marked with the different sauces/types. The other "Chinese" food is about average for a buffet. Sushi selection has more variety than many Asian buffets, the dessert section is lacking. I go there when I'm hungry and get my money's worth in food and I go early when everything is fresh. Not hard to find, Motel 6 is next door.

• Visited September 2013
Los Angeles, California
“Decent Chinese food”
Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

We went into this restaurant since we missed Chinese food and it had been a while since we had Chinese food. Went into the restaurant with not so high expectations...we were impressed with the food such as the chicken wings, teriyaki chicken, orange chicken and vegetables. The chicken soup was excellent and if you want some clear chicken soup with bee hoon, chicken, vegetables...this is the place for you. The cooks are from China so you can tell them how you want your Mongolian food to be cooked....not so sweet, less salt, etc. Overall, not so bad food, service was alright, price was alright for buffet.

Visited July 2013