“Great to Be Back at Forest Suites!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Forest Suites Resort at Heavenly Village

Forest Suites Resort at Heavenly Village
Ranked #23 of 72 Hotels in South Lake Tahoe
Dallas, Texas
“Great to Be Back at Forest Suites!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

I just got back from another ski vacation. I stayed in one of their huge 2 bedroom suites. Its perfect for my large group. I took advantage of their breakfast 7 saved a ton of money and we hit the wine/cheese reception almost every night. One thing I can say that's improved even more than the furniture upgrades is their service. They have stepped this up from years past. I'm looking forward to coming back and staying in Summer.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Jerome T
ForestManager, General Manager at Forest Suites Resort at Heavenly Village, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Dear Jerome,

We thank you for your feedback & spending another vacation with us. We appreciate the review and we certainly thank you for recognizing the improvements. Were assuming you'll be back for another summer vacation to the Lake.

Thanks again,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

Clean, friendly, quiet hotel, nestled in the perfect location. Skiing, biking, restaurants, theater, beach, shopping center, and casinos all within walking distance.. Staff is courteous, friendly, accommodating!!

Well recommended hotel and would recommend to family and friends!! Looking forward to booking our summer vacation at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Stayed in 1 bedroom suite. It wa well accommodating for our stay! Quiet, cozy, staff extremely frien...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Rob,

Thanks for taking the time and sharing your experience and opinions about our resort. We certainly love our 1 bed suites as they offer kitchens, dining rooms and living rooms at 650 square feet. We pride ourselves on being a perfect location for almost everything in South Lake and I appreciate you pointing this out.

Thanks again Rob,
Eagle, Idaho, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

Behind all the high-rise casinos and Heavenly Village, Forest Suites is tucked away at
the foot of Heavenly Mountain. Close to everything, but secluded and exclusive. We parked our car outside our room, making it super convenient to move our luggage. We found a spacious suite with a huge bathroom appointed like a spa, an inviting fire was burning in the hearth. The king-sized bed was so comforable, I wanted to take it home with me! Great continental breakfast served in the morning and a wine and cheese bar in the afternoon. The hotel staff, from the housekeepers to the front desk host, were friendly, helpful and focused on customer service. It is by far the best hotel and best value in
Lake Tahoe. Treat yourself to the Forest Suites the next time you visit Tahoe.

Room Tip: Get a suite with parking outside your door!
    • 5 of 5 stars
ForestManager, General Manager at Forest Suites Resort at Heavenly Village, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Dear Leslie,

I wanted to say thank you for taking the time to share your experience with all of us. We appreciate the kind words about exceptional service & being the best property in South Lake Tahoe. It sounds like you enjoyed the wine and cheese reception and our full-american buffet breakfast. Your depection of the room sounds perfect! Thanks again for sharing and spending time with us as we appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

I stayed at Forest Suites Resort with a ski club. The one bedroom condo was comfortable. I can't understand why so many rental properties have one bed in the bedroom. I was sharing with a girlfriend and we flipped a coin for the sofa bed. I slept on the sofa bed, it was ok but I really don't get resorts that cater to groups and don't have 2 beds in the one bedroom. The elevator was funky and old. The staff was VERY friendly and helpful and the breakfast was the same for a week but good. The location is very convenient to the gondola, ski rental shops, shops and restaurants.

Room Tip: Ask for an updated room
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
ForestManager, General Manager at Forest Suites Resort at Heavenly Village, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Dear travelinggal49,

I wanted to say thank you for staying with us during an unforgettable ski vacation in Tahoe. I am hoping next time you stay with us, you take advantage of our many 2 bedrooms suites complete with 1 king bed in the master, 1 queen in the 2nd bedroom and a pull out couch in the living room. In fact, not all but many of our 2 bed suites even have a second twin bed in the 2nd bedroom. We pride ourselves in the size of our suites and next time, a 2 bed suite can be purchased. Thanks also for mentioning our great location, good breakfast and great service.

Stateline, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

Great location- just across from the Heavenly Village. The room was beautiful, clean and not outrageously expensive! The staff was friendly and helped us out with local information. Everyone we ran into on property was courteous and helpful. The room itself was clean and furnishings were in great condition. I loved the full kitchen- we could bring back leftovers or order in without thinking about storage (cooking was not an option when on vacation!) The kitchen was also fully furnished with everything we would need to accommodate up to 6 of us.There were activities geared towards the kids too- x box station anbd arts and crafts and I saw a flyer about movie night- it was great to see this resort so family oriented. Overall, our stay was great, the accommodations were fabulous and I would definitly return to this hotel!

1 Thank Rachel T
ForestManager, General Manager at Forest Suites Resort at Heavenly Village, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Dear Rachel,

I want to say thank you for staying with us this winter. I am delighted you had a party of 6 who were comfortable in one of our many (2) bedroom suites. It sounds like the location was perfect, the kitchen was well-stocked to your liking and the activities made it a great family value. The XBOX center is one of our most popular activities at the resort and I'm delighted the kids were so entertained. We definitely hope to see you again soon for another stay-cation.

Park City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

This resort has everything you could want. The location is amazing, right next to all the shops, restaurants, bars and of course the Gondola and Casinos. There are a lot of cool amenities at the resort. The free breakfast was great, tasty and had several healthy choices. There’s a pool table, xbox gaming center, nightly free wine and cheese tasting, fitness classes, pools and hot tub, just to name a few. The entire resort experience really exceeded expectations. I had a one bedroom suite which was very spacious, had a very comfortable bed and plenty of cooking supplies to dine in. The staff was very courteous and helpful during the entire stay. Covered car parking was a plus. I am definitely staying here again when I come back to South Lake Tahoe. This resort is great for any type of vacation for any age.

Room Tip: You cant go wrong with a suite. Very spacious and worth the upgrade.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Justin,

Thanks for spending time with us this ski season. I cannot be more delighted that the activities & experience exceeded your expectations. We certainly pride ourselves on being a clean, family oriented property with tremendous value and of course being one of the best locations in South Lake. Covered parking is a luxury in our town & I'm glad you mentioned that. Come back this ski season if you can or take advantage of the wonderful summer season.

Thanks again,
Southern Illinois/St. Louis area
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

We just returned from a great week at Heavenly. We read the reviews but friends picked out the place, so we were stuck. Initially, my heart sank as we walked in the room. There was an odor throughout the property (we were in Bldg 5) that you just kind of get used to. I bought some candles at the nearby Safeway to help with that. (smelled kind of hospital/nursing home-ish) The room was spacious for a 1 bedroom suite but it took us awhile to realize that our room had been updated. They did a crappy job and did little to the kitchen and bathroom, other than paint, which wasn't done well. The lighting in the bedroom was horrible and difficult to find anything in the closet. I have never stayed in a condo with a full kitchen so sparsely stocked. It was almost impossible to cook a meal for our whole group of 8. You just get the most basic basics. Forget about trying to store some leftovers, it's not happening in that kitchen. It had a built in cutting board.. We pulled it out upon arrival and it still contained food from the previous guest. We could tell it was chicken and tomato -gross! The first 2 nights, the hot tub at our building was not available for use and needs a paint job. The other hot tub at Bldg 2 was crammed with people and the "heated pool" was too cool for our kids to swim in. Fortunately, they did open Bldg 5's hot tub the next day. It wasn't the nicest but it was hot and close to our room. The elevator is a complete joke and could barely pass as a service elevator in most hotels. My kids thought it was hillarious, though. On the plus side: The location is outstanding. You get to park your car in a covered carport. The service is outstanding. Whenever we needed something, they were right on it. From cleaning the gross cutting board, to extra towels, to borrowing some alumnium foil to bake something (not sure how you're supposed to use the oven with no bakeware provided), to selling us a bottle of wine, extra bottles of shampoo, etc...the service was outstanding. Our friends had actually checked out when their daughter became ill on a lift. They allowed our friends to check back into their room. Can't say enough about how great the service is. The closet was very spacious and had lots of shelf space. If you forgo the daily cleaning, they'll let you pick a treat such as a bottle of wine, movie night pack or energy pack. We never did that though our friends did. The cleaning crew actually washed the dishes, which I thought I was pretty great. The breakfast is decent. It's definitely a perk to have a condo with cleaning service and a hot breakfast. The kids also liked the game room and the happy hour was nice. Due to the set-up of the resort with the Gondola, it takes over 30 mins to get up and down the mountain so we didn't come home for lunch. We did pack lunch a couple days but don't expect to drop in for quick lunch like you can usually do at a "ski in/out" property. We loved Heavenly and may go back but will definitely buck up and stay at the Marriott. Forest Suites has a lot going for it but just not enough for us.

• 5 of 5 stars
ForestManager, General Manager at Forest Suites Resort at Heavenly Village, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Dear Love2Ski,

I was able to read your review and although I'm delighted that you thought our property had phenomenal service, good cleanliness from the housekeeping team and a fantastic location. However, I am disappointed that the new room furnishings were not to your liking. Our kitchen is equipped with the basics. In a 1 bed suite, it is not equipped for 8 people considering we supply 4 plates, 4 bowls, 4 water glasses, 2 wine glasses, a set of pots/pans, full-size fridge, microwave, toaster, basic Tupperware and utensils for a total party of 4. As noted, we will always give more if needed. I would be privileged and grateful if you could contact me directly as I would like to discuss with you further at 530-543-6532