“Beware if you book it thru Orbitz!”

Forest Suites Resort at Heavenly Village
Ranked #23 of 66 Hotels in South Lake Tahoe
Minneapolis, MN
“Beware if you book it thru Orbitz!”
Reviewed September 14, 2011

I booked this hotel as part of a package thru Orbitz. They do not tell you that the rooms reserved for the Orbitz reservations are a line of outside rooms - no better than old 60's motel rooms above a carport. When I arrived the Lobby was very beautiful and was excited about the staying there. The location is excellent. But when I entered my room, I was quite shocked. Did not match the front end of the hotel at all - apparently that is where they spend their money. First my bathroom toilet would not flush - when the guy finally came - he said, "oh they stick all the time", it should be fine (thankfully it was). But then I found that several of the electrical outlets did not work. The room had an air conditioner built in the by
the sink and even on high cool, the room was warm. I asked at the front desk if I could possibly get moved into one of the bigger buildings with indoor access as I was a woman traveling alone and was told, "No, you booked it through Orbitz and those rooms in the back are the only ones you can stay in". They never even offered to let me pay more and upgrade. I tell you, I did not feel valued. The bathroom was clean, but everything about the room was old and dated. The bed was quite firm. I have to say, I wanted to be OK with this property, the location is great and maybe the rooms in the main building were better, but I guess I will never know.

Room Tip: This is a great location - close to Heavenly lift, but make sure you are in one of the front buildin...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank MNTraveler13

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed September 8, 2011

For the price, we were very disspointed in the condition of the room! We rented a 2-bdr suite. Don't let the pictures on the website fool you. The room was clean, but like another guest said, it smelled moldy and so old and our feet turned black. The carpets were so dirty! The locks on the bathrooms didn't work. The worst part of the entire stay was that we got stuck in the very old and outdated elevator in building 5 for 15 minutes!!! My husband uses a cane and has difficulty climbing stairs, so after the elevator incident, he had to climb 2 flights of stairs and would have alot of pain in his back.

Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank janzee n
ForestManager, General Manager at Forest Suites Resort at Heavenly Village, responded to this review, November 13, 2011
Dear Janzee,

I apologize that our resort fell short of you and your husband’s expectations. I can assure you your comments will not be ignored and we will be using them as a tool to better serve our customers and resort guests in the future. I do want to share with you some of our great additions which took place after you’re your recent visit and comment. All of our hallways, corridors, stairs and elevators will have brand new carpet installed as of the middle of November. Additionally, we also received brand new flat screen televisions, DVD players and new armoires for all of our rooms. This project will be 100% complete and installed the 1st week of December. We have been diligent since your posting on ensuring all of our rooms are in perfect working order from a cleanliness and maintenance perspective and comments such as these help us address this. I know you are located in the Southern California region but if you ever need to come back to this area of California, please contact me directly and I would love to show you some of our new additions to our resort.

530-543-6532 Direct Line
San Francisco, California
Reviewed September 5, 2011

Spent a couple of nights and the staff were great and the pool areas were also terrific. We look forward to returning soon.

Galt, California
Reviewed September 2, 2011

We met with several family members and found the place to be much more than we expected. It was quiet, beautiful, large rooms, great service, close to all activities, clean, lovely grounds and terrific mattresses. Couldn't ask for more and the breakfasts were good with lots of choices. Had a great visit and will definitely be back.

Sonoma, California
Reviewed August 31, 2011

Based on prior visit many years ago and TA ratings we tried FSR on a 3 day visit. We were very pleased with our stay. We love to stay where a property fits in with the surroundings and with the beautiful landscaping and pine trees...this definitely fits the bill while still being located near the ' mall ' and casinos. As pointed out by other reviews, the place might be a bit dated but was clean and comfortable, ample breakfast and pleasant friendly service. A real Tahoe experience. We will be back!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Burlingame
Reviewed August 30, 2011

For the price-you can't beat Forest Suites Resort. It has large one and two bedroom suites with kitchens, pool and jacuzzi and perfect if you come with your family. The rooms are kept clean. Its location is central to everything in South Lake Tahoe and It is next to state line and across from Heavenly.You can cross the street to snow ski or go for a hike in the summer.. The staff is so friendly and in the morning they have a good continental breakfast. We will stay here again

Room Tip: Building 6 is where we always stay
Petaluma, California
Reviewed August 30, 2011

wow you can walk everywhere from this place! Staff was so friendly and helpful and what a great time of year to be at South Lake Tahoe it was really beautiful! Comfortable beds and we loved having a kitchen for snacks. We also really liked the breakfast bar with lots of choices fresh food.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business