Location, location. But add to that, service, service.
The 2-bedroom condo is incredible with a view of the lake on all 3 floors. The 3rd floor bedroom is actually a little loft - with a SKYLIGHT just over the bed. We've never seen stars like this before.
Each room has a great view of the beach and mountains. There's still snow on the mountain tops and nights get terrifically chilly.
We got information on hiking areas from the staff - they must hire locals who really enjoy their surroundings. On their advice we went up to Echo Lake, took the boat across the lake, then hiked up to the ridge.
Another great hike is to go along the Lake Tahoe Ridge trail where at one point, both the lake and then Gardnerville are visible.
Also - the staff gave advice on bike rentals and then provided a map of local bike trails.
We'll be back. And we'll bring more friends next time!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tahoe Lakeshore Lodge & Spa, South Shore’s only all lakefront property, offering hotel and condominium lodging all with an incredible lake view and cozy fireplace. Pamper yourself in our full service day spa or relax by our heated pool and hot tub. Centrally located to area activities, restaurants, casinos and sitting on 500 feet of private beach, you’ll receive a true Tahoe experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Tahoe Lakeshore Lodge and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tahoe Lakeshore Hotel South Lake Tahoe
- Lakeshore Hotel Lake Tahoe
- Lakeshore Lake Tahoe