Decor is rustic (knotty pine furniture, old-time blk&wht Tahoe photos, even the room keys are large & metal; no magnetic strips here. Every room has a lake view. So nice to wake up to the peaceful sounds of the lake & birds.
Pros: clean room, helpful/friendly staff, fluffy towels, basket of fruit, free coffee, hot chocolate, hot water/tea in lobby, plenty of free parking, convenience
Cons: soft/lumpy beds, tiny bathroom (seated on toilet, open door will knock your knees), no sound-proofing (heavy walkers upstairs or loud neighbors)
The facility is showing its age & is worn out around the edges, but the prime location makes up for it. Plenty of restaurants nearby (Heidi's cafe for brkfst & lunch) & Nikki's Chaat cafe (Indian food) is located on the other side of parking lot (as well as a CVS drug store). Safeway grocery & its gas stn is 1 block away. 10 min walk to Tahoe Queen marina; 30 mins (good exercise) walk to stateline & casinos.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tahoe Lakeshore Lodge & Spa, South Shore’s only all lakefront property, offering hotel and condominium lodging all with an incredible lake view and cozy fireplace. Pamper yourself in our full service day spa or relax by our heated pool and hot tub. Centrally located to area activities, restaurants, casinos and sitting on 500 feet of private beach, you’ll receive a true Tahoe experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Odigeo and Travelocity so you can book your Tahoe Lakeshore Lodge and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tahoe Lakeshore Hotel South Lake Tahoe
- Lakeshore Hotel Lake Tahoe
- Lakeshore Lake Tahoe