“Close to Lake Tahoe”

Tahoe Lakeshore Lodge and Spa
Ranked #17 of 65 Hotels in South Lake Tahoe
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Great location+++ Friendly staff. Clean and comfortable room. Fireplace in the room was special.

Some reviews said that it's a little bit of out of date, but overall, I felt it's quite good. Besides, waking up in the morning and seeing Lake Tahoe just outside was really wonderful. Couldn't wait to run to the beach although it's winter and there were snow and ice on the shore :)

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Joyce Yen Ming T

Reviewed February 24, 2013

My husband and I spent one night here for my birthday and we were very happy with our choice to stay here. The room was very clean and had new furniture including the bed, and the bathroom had been recently remodeled so it was like new. The front desk staff and everyone we talked to was extremely helpful. The most outstanding feature was the beautiful view of the lake. The beach connects to the hotel so we took a nice walk along the shore and just enjoyed looking out at the beautiful scenery.

The building is older and doesn't look that impressive from the outside, but inside the rooms were exceptionally clean. We would recommend this lodge to anyone. We're looking forward to coming back in the summer.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Laura S
Reviewed February 20, 2013

I have stayed at this facility three previous times, and this property is great value for families and couples. This last stay, my family and I (along with one other family) rented a two bedroom, two full bath condo, full kitchen, a lakefront view, and we were not disappointed.

Upon check-in we were greeted by friendly staff who offered advice about places to go sledding. Our condo had a bedroom downstairs with a queen bed and full bath, and upstairs there was a queen bed, full bath, and a surprise small attic-like room, which was perfect for our 4 kids to have a slumber party in. It was a separate room so the adults could still have privacy and not worry about making noise so as not to wake the kids. On arrival, the condo was very clean, though a bit dated in decor. The kitchen was well stocked with plenty of plates, bowls, silverware/kitchen utensils, pots/pans, bbq utensils, glasses, and wine glasses. This is much appreciated, as I like to feel like I'm at home and don't need to pack too much. There was dishwashing soap, sponge, and dishwasher liquid also. Perfect for a party of 7.

We had a beautiful view of Lake Tahoe. In warmer climate, a stroll along the beach is perfect and is only a stone's throw away. We didn't use the spa or hot tub, but in my past stays, I have and liked both. Many years ago, before I had kids, my husband and I stayed here and got a couples massage that was very relaxing. There's also a complimentary breakfast, which we didn't take advantage of, but I've read is quite decent.

I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again. You have Safeway across the street, there are plenty of eateries that are walking distance (Heidi's great for breakfast), Heavenly and the casinos are all less than a mile to a mile away. Call the property itself when considering booking, as I was offered the two-bedroom condo which wasn't listed on any travel discount site (they said it was all booked).

For what you get, this facility is really reasonably-priced and an excellent stay for families. Keep it up Lake Tahoe Lakeshore Lodge and Spa. We hope to come back again soon!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 19, 2013

We have just returned from a two week ski holiday in one of the two bed condos. The accommodation was excellent and the condo was kept spotless by the cleaning staff. The beds were also very comfortable and the views over the lake amazing!

The reception staff were always very helpful and on arriving booked us in very quickly.

The accommodation is located close to the ski slopes and the courtesy bus stops just outside.

I would have no hesitation in recommending this accommodation and hope to return.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 3, 2013

We spent a week at lakeshore with two condos directly on the lake. We were on the first floor rather than the ground floor which suited us as we had small children in our party (3, 6, and 11 years) So i felt safe as the proximity is so close to the water. We stayed in a two bed, with a king size bedroom and mezzanine. I had read some reviews which talked about the decor being dated but we found it clean, comfortable and not dated at all with tv,s in both bedrooms as well as the lounge. The water was always hot for showers and the maid service was an added plus which we were not expecting. To be honest you don't really care as the view and position on the lake was breath taking, waking up to those views each day was amazing..... The staff were fantastic after the airline lost our bags the reception team actually sorted out the problem with the airline so we didn't miss any ski ing time. The ski ing is amazing and the ski bus stops right outside the reception to take you to the California lodge or heavenly gondola. We skied from the California lodge where the lessons for the kids, adults and nursery were, the lessons were above expectation and the slopes were Incredible with amazing views back over the lake.

I visited the spa for a massage which was lovely the decor in the treatment room (eg linen) could of been at a better standard but the therapist and treatment was really good just what was needed after a days ski ing. The local restaurants were good, the brewery, and Italian across the road was lovely very welcoming. We took the local bus to heavenly to visit the casino for new year and the buffet at Harrahs casino is well worth a trip for the views from the eighteenth floor. I would recommend this self catering accommodation to families with no hesitation

Room Tip: Ask for the condo on the lake.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 31, 2013

We have never stayed in Tahoe overnight and didn't know the area well but after reading the many reviews on different travel websites for this place I figured about 200 people couldn't be wrong and I was right! The room had a beautiful view of the lake, the people were very nice, helpful and friendly. The walls were a little thin, but that is to be expected...if anyone has ever lived in an apartment that's pretty comparable to the noise level that you may hear around you. My husband was very impressed with what we got for the price that we paid....we are definitely going to be back and will not stay anywhere else!

For the clean freaks....this was one of the cleanest hotels I have ever been in. I am a bit on the OCD germaphobic side so this was a big deal and I was definitely inspecting every inch of the room and the bedding the second we walked into the room. You could make the room as warm as you wanted it to be with the gas fireplace. We had our two teenage boys who take forever in the shower these days but there was always plenty of hot water for all four of us.

I cannot say enough about this place...I was very sad to leave and wished that we could have stayed for another week! If you're thinking about it, book it! There are restaurants all around the place and the casinos are not far off. We met a friend at one of the casinos on our way in and when we walked it the whole place reeked of cigarette smoke...so not where I would want to stay with my kids...or my husband for that matter.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Wonderful place !. It was an amazing relaxing place, the view amazing ! We did have some problems with some rude neighbors. But the staff was right on it to help us out. Could not have ask more from them. You can walk to everything. Was surprise it had a kitchenette and supplied with everything you need. Everything seems to be brand new. Did have some problems finding the place at first because of a similar street name in Tahoe . Can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: take an upstairs room you can hear people walking above you.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple