“I'll be back!”

Bluelake Inn at Tahoe
Ranked #24 of 66 Hotels in South Lake Tahoe
Reviewed July 29, 2009

Stayed at this motel in the middle of tourist season, but still got good rest and sleep. Room was big, nice and clean.
Location is excellent! U don't need a car if u want go shopping, eating, gondola ride or to beach.

Cons to somebody:
- breakfast was coffee, donuts and some porridge
- pool was very small

There are newer reviews for Bluelake Inn at Tahoe

Reviewed July 28, 2009

We stayed at the Blue Lake Inn 3 nights and chose this hotel because we are on a budget and didn't want to pay resort prices.

Positives:
Good value for the area. One block from Heavenly Village and three blocks from Casinos. Lots of restaurants within walking distance. The room was average but clean. White towels a plus. Refrigerator, microwave and coffee pot worked well. Good coffee and pastries in the morning. Parking lot is well lit at night.

Negatives:
Staff is not very friendly, either on the phone or in person. There are abandoned buildings across the street from hotel. Tiny pool in small enclosed area.

Would I return? Probably not but if you are on a budget or just passing through for the night, it is worth staying.

Reviewed July 25, 2009

We just checked in. We were 3 hours early and honestly did not expect to get our room so early, but because of our 10 hr drive from So, Ca. Don was very understanding and not only accomadited us, he made sure we got the best rate possible. After juggling some rooms around he was able to give us a room. I was horrified when my wife came to me and said that she wanted a different room, right in front of our parking. I thought that it would be next to impossible, but good ol Don's attitude is, I can do that. Fixed it - no problem- and gave us well wishes.

I will give a review of the amenities after we complete our stay

Reviewed July 20, 2009

My wife and I checked in to this place about 4 P.M. yesterday. To my detriment, we did not check the place out very well before hand, as we were exhausted. As we carried our luggage to the room, we noticed a lot of trash around on the stairs and by our room. At about 4:02 P.M. I walked down to the office, and with a smile explained the situation to the "manager", a young man named Chris.

His reply was that he would not do anything about, as Sunday was the maintenance man's day off, and that he would try to get to it on Monday. To no avail I looked in his eyes for a sign that he was kidding. I also looked for the Candid Camera, as I thought maybe it was all a joke. No luck. At this point, I said fine, just give us our money back and we will be on our way. Chris also refused to do this, and he eagerly pointed out that there are "no refunds". At this point, it took all my self control not to jump over the counter and wring his neck..A female clerk did say that she would have housekeeping look into cleaning it up, even though it "was not her job". Alas, at this point the thrill was gone, at we just wanted to leave.

After several calls to the police from both of us, and a declined invitation to Chris on my part to step outside, we were refunded out money.

Reviewed July 12, 2009

The hotel is ok. It has everything you need, fridge, microwave, pool spa. But the great part in the lacation. Take a short walk back to the lake, short walk forward to the heart of town, short walk to the side and you have the casinos. Everything at your fingertips. And my kids loved it also. The horse and carriage ride passed the hotel severel times a day so my girls could watch the horses ride by. It really added to the experience for us. There is a playground at the private beach, that was nice. I'm sure there are fancier hotels in tahoe, but not in this great location and at this great price. All in all it was a great stay. I plan on going back soon.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank nifferlynne
Reviewed May 30, 2009

The blue lake inn was a great place to stay the employees were great and very helpful. My entire wedding party stayed at this hotel and everyone was very happy with the room s andhow close walking distance it is to everything. We will be back for our 10 year anniversary!!

• Stayed: May 2009
1  Thank jennlee09
Reviewed April 30, 2009

We made numerous ski trips to South Shore Tahoe this winter and each time we stayed at the Blue Lake Inn. We have stayed at other places in the past but this is by far the best value. Great access to the Gondola - only 1 block away. Comfortable and spacious rooms with nice outdoor hot tub. The staff are great (especially Don) and they would go out of their way to get us the rooms that we wanted at a very reasonable rate. Any future trips for us to Tahoe will see us back at the Blue Lake Inn.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple