“Great Location!”

Days Inn South Lake Tahoe
Ranked #55 of 65 Hotels in South Lake Tahoe
Reviewed December 27, 2013

I came in to town to go skiing and attend a upcoming concert. I had a budget for this trip so I was lucky to find this gem. This place was affordable and comfortable. When I walked in I was greeted by a young woman, she was warm and friendly. She gave me a bunch of coupons for the area, which I put to good use.The only downfall was my room was really cold when I walked in but after I left the heater on for 10 mins. or so it was all better :) my room had all the essentials I needed to survive. They have free wifi and all the channels a girl can wish for. The location was the best. I was able to walk to the lake in minutes, and were a lot of restaurants in the area. The ski lodge was 5 minutes away :D How great is that????
Staying here made my trip extra convenient and fit my budget. Thanks Days Inn :)))

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
JayD_GM, General Manager at Days Inn South Lake Tahoe, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2014

Hello Natasha H, we extend our thanks for taking time to write us a lovely review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your ski trip / Snow Globe concert while staying at our hotel. Glad to know that you found accommodation our hotel financially reasonable, comfortable and our staff friendly. We do warm up the room with heater before your arrival if there is a reservation and you can also request a heated room if you are on your way to our hotel. I am sorry that your room was not heated upon check in. You are welcome to stay at our hotel on your next visit to beautiful Lake Tahoe area.

Reviewed December 26, 2013

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
JayD_GM, General Manager at Days Inn South Lake Tahoe, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2013

Reviewed December 24, 2013

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
JayD_GM, General Manager at Days Inn South Lake Tahoe, responded to this reviewResponded December 25, 2013

Reviewed December 23, 2013

Had a comfy stay, nice breakfast!! and a friendly attendant :) all at a very good price :)) would really recommend a stay with days inn magnitude of satisfaction exceeds the cost incurred for sure :))

• Stayed: December 2013
JayD_GM, General Manager at Days Inn South Lake Tahoe, responded to this reviewResponded December 24, 2013

Dear Taha M,
Thank you so much for writing our first five star reviews :) We are happy to know that your family found our hotel comfortable and clean :) It was our pleasure to attend to your needs, thank you for the compliment :) We are glad that you found our hotel room prices valuable. We are thrilled to have been of service to you. Thank you for recommending the Days Inn. We invite you to our hotel when you visit South Lake Tahoe in the future.

Warmest Regards
Days Inn Team

Reviewed October 25, 2013

We stopped for an overnight stay as it was the first place we came across. The front desk was friendly & helpful & provided an average breakfast. The rooms were a bit tired & in need of refurbishment however it was cheap.

Room Tip: Try to get a room away from the road
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
JayD_GM, General Manager at Days Inn South Lake Tahoe, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2013

David,
I would first like to thank you for complimenting us about our friendly and helpful staff. We take pride in serving our complimentary breakfast everyday because we know that having it really means a lot to our guests who stay with us. This is why on a daily basis we make sure that the quality of our items are always up to standard. We have very high standards when it comes to the amenities here with us As we are an economical hotel we do have a better price. I hope your travels bring you back to the South Lake Tahoe area and that you will consider staying with us again.
Jay D and the Management Team

Reviewed October 24, 2013

this place is old and dated. outside looks ok. i found a dark squiggly hair in my bed. not cool. much better budget hotels in the area. pony up for something a little nicer. there was nothing nice about this place. i can't emphasize this enough. go stay at a casino and enjoy yourself. this place will leave you i a foul mood and ruin your trip.

Room Tip: dont stay here. period
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Thomas M

Thomas,
Thank you for reaching out to us via Trip Advisor. We Sincerely appreciate your feedback and we're very sorry you were unhappy with our guest rooms. We seem to have dropped the ball in a few different areas, and for this I sincerely apologize. I will be using your comments to help us improve in these areas. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we have addressed each of the issues you mentioned. We try to make each guest experience a great one at our hotel and I am so sorry that we failed on this occasion. Please accept our sincere apologies We have shared your experience with our team in an effort to prevent any similar issues in the future and welcome you to stay with us again the next time you are in town so we may show you the complete quality hospitality you expect and deserve.
Jay D

Reviewed October 2, 2013

Our room was filthy. When we complained the next morning and showed the owner/manager pictures of our room,he insulted us by acting surprised.. To top it off,he has in a letter as well as 2 phone calls,tried to make this our fault because we did not complain sooner. Let me be clear that we were not looking for a refund or discount..nor did we ask for either. My goal by posting our review and pictures is to keep others from being taken advantage of..and hopes of saving others from the hassle of having to complain,switch rooms..etc...at the end of a long day traveling. The owners/managers are well aware of the rooms in their inventory and they knew exactly what they were doing when they placed us in that room. We used a coupon saver coupon and they placed us in the least desirable room available no doubt!. To make this anything but their fault is shameful. To try and blame a customer for not complaining sooner,rather than offering clean,comfortable rooms..is again..shameful!! I would also like to ask the owner to pls stop calling our home and to pls stop sending us letters, candidly blaming us for this situation. And, no, We are not interested in your 10% off peace offering,...again..insulting! The fact that you think this has anything to do with $$ or discounts says so much about how you are handling this. Beware Tahoe travelers ...this hotel was truly filthy.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Kathleen831
JayD_GM, General Manager at Days Inn South Lake Tahoe, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2013

Dear Kathleen831,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Days Inn South Lake Tahoe. Please allow me to apologize for the inconsistent service you received from our front desk. As the most important point of contact with the hotel, our front desk usually provides excellent service to our valued guests.
We usually have very clean rooms. Please know this is not the service excellence the Days Inn South Lake Tahoe normally provides our guests. We are under new management and hope to have the opportunity to serve you again.

Warm Regards,