“Pretty run of the mill.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn South Lake Tahoe

Days Inn South Lake Tahoe
Ranked #49 of 72 Hotels in South Lake Tahoe
“Pretty run of the mill.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here about 4 years ago. Seem to remember it was ok and cheap so I booked here again. Basically your average motel. Carpets were kinda dirty and stained. My bed had a big sag in the middle but I was really tired so it didn't matter a whole lot. It was quiet cuz there were barely any other rooms rented that night.

• Stayed December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012 via mobile

We travel ten to twelve weeks per year and we rarely post reviews but the Days Inn Lake Tahoe cried to be reviewed. The Days Inn was not safe for my family and I doubt that you would feel any different. I would strongly recommend that you stay away from this property. We stayed one night and left the next day even though we paid for three nights - it was that bad. For starters the room was infested with bugs - both the bed and the bathroom. The furniture, carpet and drapes were filthy and disgusting and if this was not enough a man broke into our room in the middle of the night. We were told that this happens from time to time but since no harm was done it makes "no sense to get excited". We asked to speak to the owners and we were told that this is impossible - they refused to talk to me in person - refused to take my phone call - and to date have not answered my email. I almost forgot - there was no hot water so I hooe that you like ice-cold showers. There is a terrible plumbing problem and part of the carpet in the room was soaking wet. This property wins the Gold Medal as biggest travel disaster of 2012. Take care - and stay away from the Days Inn Lake Tahoe.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Joseph Mark B

Travelers are raving about these South Lake Tahoe hotels

Orinda, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

The Rooms: The beds and bathroom are clean. Rugs a bit dirty, I wouldn't recommend walking barefoot on them. It looks as if the bathrooms have been cleaned up and remodeled. It is a stand up shower. Not sure if the bathroom layout is any different for the larger rooms. I had a room with 2 double beds. Walls are thin. You can hear your neighbors and if you have a room nearer the street, you'll definitely hear all the cars zinging by.

The Service: Just average, again not the Ritz. The check in and check out was a breeze.

A note: Parking is plentiful, but layout is a bit odd. In most cases, you can end up parking right in front of your room. However, when trying to exit, can be a tight squeeze especially if your rooms are on the left side of the inn (when you're facing the inn from the street). Also, they say they have a continental breakfast. Wouldn't plan on getting full from it. They put out orange juice, coffee and milk with two kinds of cereal. As for the pastries, it's the Svenhard's Danish kinds and they only put out a few in a basket. That's it.

Overall: I've stayed there two times now with my family. It was primarily for a place to sleep. I didn't expect it to be the Ritz and neither should anyone else staying here. When paying sub $70 per night, you need to lower your expectations. Would I stay here again, probably would if we had to.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms further away from the street so you can avoid the traffic noise.