All reviewsvalet parkingshower comboodd layoutlarge tubbathroom areapaper platesbell serviceacross the streetheavenly ski resortfloor planwet barroom layoutplenty of storagekitchen facilitiesski checkpull out sofacoffee maker
Reviewed December 28, 2015 via mobile

Our family comes to Tahoe every year during spring break. This is our first trip over the Christmas holidays, so we wanted to stay closer to the slopes. That is about all this hotel offers.
We arrived at 5:30 to a long line of cars trying to get into the hotel drive. They do not allow people to self park so things get backed up quickly and for a long time. The bell/valet staff was overwhelmed.
Our room reminds me of an RV. It is a long thin room with a huge jetted tub in the middle on a platform. The bathroom door is so small I have to turn sideways to get through the door. The fridge was a tiny college dorm size and there was no flatware or plates or anything to eat on or with.
We had received a message the week before our arrival that they would be closing the restaurant but the date they gave for closure was supposed to be after we leave. Our first night we just wanted some fries and a cheese pizza, couldn't get either one and were told it would be the last night they offered anything. The hotel is so far from anything you have to drive to eat. Not good!

I will never stay here again and do not recommend it for anything other than convenience to the slope.

Stayed: December 2015, traveled with family
Reviewed December 23, 2015

We stayed at the Tahoe Seasons Resort from December 7-13, 2015. As you will read in other reviews the only thing the hotel has changed since '83 is the light bulbs but that's ok because the location is awesome for Heavenly Ski Resort. I'm sure they pack those rooms all season no problem. It's a 3 minute walk to the lifts. I have two small children and they loved all the holiday decorations in lobby. The valet / bellhops are solid guys and will gladly help you more your stuff in and out of the room. The front desk was helpful as was the concierge. The hot tube was weird and all the mirrors make you think you're on the set of "Boogie Nights".

Stayed: December 2015
Reviewed December 19, 2015

A great location and has all the basics. Dated in decor but the overall stay is comfortable. Outdoor hot tub fits eight but on chilly nights lots of guests piles in, hours 10am-10pm. The rooms has huge jacuzzi tubs. I appreciate that the hotel disabled the jets to conserve water due to the drought. It is good to please guests but more important to conserve the environment. The bellhop is very laid back and helpful more so than the concierge, generally the concierge us not there. Actually if you need anything you would ask the bell desk. Things like towels for the pool, laundry ($15/10lbs), barbecue setup and utensils, and soap. The complimentary valets are friendly, efficient, and non pushy. My stay was for three nights but the maid only came in once, but we had plenty of towels and cups so it was doable.

• Stayed: December 2015, traveled with family
Reviewed December 3, 2015

This place is excellent except for the lack of washer, dryer, stove and oven. Loved the fireplace! Hotel staff is friendly, informative, and professional. I was shocked they didn't have the pub open every night. They were closed on the day before Thanksgiving and Thanksgiving. The problem was we couldn't get out because of the snow. Good thing we could get pizza for Thanksgiving! :-)

Room Tip: Ask for the sixth floor facing the mountain. These are the only rooms with access to the deck for playing in the snow.
  • Stayed: November 2015, traveled with family
Reviewed December 1, 2015

I booked here on a 3-night promotion from Diamond Resorts for attending a timeshare presentation. I didn't expect much from the photos, but it was even worse in person.

1. Rooms - We were on the 8th floor in a 1-BR suite. The room is divided up into 3 sections. The first is the entry and couch, tiny, where only 2 people can sit and even be in this room at once. The second section is a huge hot tub/shower combo that is weird and outdated, looks gross. Third is the bed, along with the kitchenette. If you're sitting on the bed, you can't see or talk to the person in the kitchenette. Same goes for if you're in the kitchenette, you can't see or comfortably talk to anyone in any other part of the room! Jacuzzi/shower - you have to climb into the shower, and it's enclosed with dated wooden shutters. It's freezing and awkward, with a hand held shower spout, gross. The heater is in the part of the room with the bed, so if you want your kids to be warm in the front part of the room, you have to essentially crank up the heater to get the heat to pass through the Jacuzzi room into the front room, meaning the parents in the bed will be sweating all night long. From the pictures you can see this set up, I thought it was no biggy as we're not in the room that long. WRONG. This set up is so bad that it's just not worth being so uncomfortable while on vacation. We got this 3-day deal for $60 so even with it being a deal, we left after the first night. I should have followed the tips from other reviewers that for me confirm, unless desperate or single and not picky in any way, you should find another hotel. Even free this hotel would not be worth it to me.

2 - Concierge, they were really pushy in asking me to attend their informational breakfast at 9am the next morning and pushed "free coffee" and "coupons" multiple times. They also encouraged us to go to Sierra at Tahoe multiple times even though I mentioned we were season pass holders at Heavenly (you know, the ski resort you can SEE from this hotel and why we're staying here!) It was annoying all the pushiness, sales people more than concierge help.

3 - Location & Staff - all other staff were kind and helpful. The hotel was empty though, so the valet's suggestion to eat dinner in the bar...an empty bar, was not appealing. Location is very close to Heavenly CA side, but nothing else. My room had a view out the front of the hotel, so I could see the front of Heavenly and the pool, I consider this a nice view.

Room Tip: 8th floor room was quite after the pool shut down.
  • Stayed: November 2015, traveled with family