This was my first time staying overnight at South Tahoe and was pleasantly surprised with our stay at the Aston Lakeside Village. Since I was bringing my dad along, I thought staying here in a 2 bedroom 1 1/2 bath townhouse would be a better value giving us much more space and easy access to the lake than to get 2 rooms at a hotel. At the time of reservation, I did request an early check in if possible and a townhouse closer to the lake if available. I did get the early check in which is why it was understandable that I did not get a townhome even remotely close to the lake since we couldn't be further away but I'm not complaining and overall had a great stay with just a little more walking. Since the townhouses are individually owned, this review is for 401.
Location is close (walking distance via beach or road) to the Ski Run Marina and Ski Run Blvd for the Tahoe Queen and/or restaurants/shops so you don't have to pay for parking
On demand shuttle that will take you anywhere up to 2 miles. I didn't make use of this but love the idea
Casinos are only about 1 1/2 miles away which the adults can enjoy and get to via shuttle while the kids can enjoy time at the pool and the private beach
Pool by the lake was super crowded so it was impossible to swim in that pool
Would be nice to have umbrellas you can use for the beach like the Hyatt at Incline Village offers
Would have liked to have a temperature control for each floor as the temperature between the bottom floor and the other floors is a huge difference so it might be freezing downstairs but hot on the 2nd floor and downright sweltering on the 3rd.
Bathrooms were on the small side
I noticed that there are some complaints on Yelp and many of those were staying via a Living Social or GroupOn offer. I usually think twice with some of these offers as sometimes it is too good to be true. Many times the reason why there is an offer is due to construction going on which there was at the main lodge. Not saying that you cannot get great deals and wonderful stays with one of those but sometimes you do get what you pay for. If you happen to be there during low occupancy, you will have a better chance of getting a room where you want location wise whether that is closer to the lake or on the top floor of the lodge. However, if you are there when it is sold out, you have to understand it does make more business sense for them to accommodate clients who paid full price in the more premium locations than someone who paid half of that. So just something to think about so you are not disappointed if you're expecting a lakefront cabin with a GroupOn deal.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aston at Lakeland Village is one mile from the Heavenly Gondola via a complimentary shuttle service that also transports guests around town. The South Lake Tahoe hotel offers two spa tubs, two outdoor pools (one open year-round), During the winter season, enjoy a Winter Continental Breakfast (Seasonal at the Heavenly Mountain), Kids can enjoy a summer of Kids Camp, and a private pier with boat moorings. Fitness equipment is also available. At this Lake Tahoe resort, a cozy fireplace warms the lobby and every room, where complimentary coffee is available all day, along with a self-serve cappuccino/latte machine (surcharge), cozy in every unit, free wireless internet access and a kiosk of rental videos. The on-site ski shop rents skis, snowboards, and clothing, and also sells equipment. Garage parking is free. Parking passes are required and are limited to one pass per guestroom. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Vacatia, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelsClick and HotelQuickly so you can book your Aston Lakeland Village Beach & Mountain Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aston Lakeland Village Beach & Mountain Hotel South Lake Tahoe
- Aston Lakeland Village Beach And Mountain Resort
- Lakeland Village Beach Mountain Hotel
- Lakeland Village Lake Tahoe
- Lakeland Village Beach And Mountain Resort South Lake Tahoe
- Lakeland Village Beach&Mountain Resort