“Great place to call home for awhile”

Aston Lakeland Village Beach & Mountain Resort
Ranked #19 of 65 Hotels in South Lake Tahoe
Reviewed February 9, 2014

This was my first trip to the USA and Lakeland Village was a great place to kick off my holiday.We stayed there in the first week of February in one of the 2 bedroom pinegrove townhomes. While it's a 5 min car ride to Stateline and the casinos (they have a complimentary shuttle bus that makes regular trips back and forth) everything you might need is close at hand just a short walk away.I would recommend this place to anybody..people considering staying around South Tahoe for more than a few days or even a quick visit.

Found the staff to be more then helpful,cheerie and polite. I hired snowboarding gear from the rental kiosk and they had a staff member drop my size boots off from another branch on her way home and this was no trouble at all!

Beds were cosy and clean.no problems with the bathroom and the spa and pool are was always tidy.

Thank You lake land for a wonderful time in Tahoe.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank ArdyMcHardy1

Reviewed January 13, 2014

I really enjoyed my stay here. Jerry the GM went out of his way to help make the trip a memorable one for me and my fiance.

The location is very convenient, although close enough to walk to the Heavenly shopping area, it is better to have a car.

The room was very nice! With a real flame fireplace, a comfortable bed, sofa, and a full kitchen, which I wish we had more time to use, we felt right at home. It was a very cozy experience. The exterior looks a little run down, but it might be because there was very little snow when we arrived. Had the place been covered with snow, I think my first impression would have been dramatically different.

The lake is a short 3 minute walk from the hotel, and there's a beautiful dock to sit down and enjoy the beautiful view. There's also a heated pool, I wish we had time to use!

With great staff, great rooms, and views I would highly recommend this place!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank weslum
Reviewed January 7, 2014

This is the third or fourth time I have stayed at this property for a ski week between Christmas and New Years. It is a 5-10 min shuttle ride from the gondola. There is a main building where the front desk and ski shop are located. This trip I had a loft room that was located in the main building. Other visits I have been in a bigger unit which was located amongst the cluster of condo buildings on the property. I believe these are all privately owned units that are part of the rental program.

The good points: it is right on South Lake Tahoe Blvd and close to both the gondola and the California base. The resort offers free shuttles to both. They run frequently and also go to the casinos. Sometimes if there is somewhere else you want to go you can talk the driver into taking you there. There is a free continental breakfast which is mediocre but adequate. The staff are very friendly and helpful. There is underground parking as well as outdoor parking which is ample. The room had a fireplace which was great at night.

The bad: nothing really bad. The units are certainly not plush but I don't expect that considering what we paid. If you want real luxury stay at the Marriott next to the gondola but it is significantly more expensive. The loft unit I stayed in this time had a king bed up in the loft but the one and only bathroom was downstairs. Not too convenient if you have to get up during the night to use the bathroom. There were not many cups/plates etc. in the unit. Everything was clean but very dated. There is a pool/hot tub next to the main building but it was usually full of kids.

All in all I think this is a good option for the money. The shuttle makes it convenient to get to and from the gondola/casino area. I would return here again unless I wanted to splurge and then I would go to the Marriott. The property is right on the lake. I have only been here in the winter but I would really like to come in the summer.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank golfingmd
Reviewed January 2, 2014

We arrived on 12/24 and left 12/27. We were there to simply relax and so we spent a lot of time just enjoying our suite.

The front desk was very accommodating. Even though the hotel was at 90% occupancy there were able to correct our mistake in reading their accommodations. (My husband hadn't realized the third sleeping area would be twin beds, not a double.) They found us a room that was a better match and helped us transfer our stuff.

When our fireplace didn't work on Christmas Day, they had a maintenance guy out to us within 15 minutes. So if I could, I would give 4.5 starts.

A couple of things make it not quite 5 star. The lobby is in dire need of an upgrade and it would be nice if there was a way to let the cleaning staff know when the room would be available for cleaning.

These are minor points and I plan to stay here again and again.

Room Tip: You don't want to be close to the road and make sure you know how many beds you want (and what s...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Rachel_Mimsy
Reviewed January 1, 2014

The Aston Lakeland Village Beach & Mountain Resort is located on busy Lake Tahoe Blvd about 1.5 miles west of the Stateline casinos and the Heavenly Ski Resort gondola. It is located directly on a long, private Lake Tahoe beach. They have a large dock on the property and they also have lots of beach chairs to sit and lay on (they also appear to have small water craft to rent but we did not do that). The property has townhomes closer to the lake and Condo’s further back in the Lodge and front desk area. I believe all the units are privately owned and are being rented out by a management company (so it feels like a hotel).

My wife and I stayed here for three nights in late July and had a great time. There was usually ample parking but there was none to be found on the Saturday we arrived. The property had a large weekend crowd and there was also a wedding party. Luckily someone left just as we were trying to find a parking spot (I think this was the only open parking space). Parking was much easier on Sunday and Monday. I am not sure if this place does not have enough parking spots for the larger weekend crowds (or was the problem just related to the wedding party).

We had a one bedroom condo with a kitchen, bathroom, living room and bedroom with a king size bed and I thought it was very nice. We also had a deck that was great for relaxing and reading. There are walls on both sides of the deck so you have some privacy from the people next to you. The view of the parking lot was not that exciting. Our building was somewhat close to busy Lake Tahoe Blvd but we did not hear any street noises as we faced the lake and not the street. The property has 2 Pools, one facing the beach and 2nd one on the other side of the property by the front desk lodge area. There were plenty of places to sit by the pools when we were there. They also have two hot tubs. You could not see the lake from our unit but it was only a short walk away.

The service was generally good but some of the younger front desk people seemed to have an attitude (based on their answer and reactions they thought our questions were dumb and we should have already known everything about the property). Others were very friendly and helpful. The towel guys at the beach pool were very friendly and helpful. The cleaning staff forgot to clean our room one morning and did not resupply us with soap or toilet paper (so I had to walk around and find a housekeeper person).

Overall I enjoyed my stay here and highly recommend it as the property is in a nice location and the private beach was great (in my opinion the beach is the best part of the Resort). Both my wife and I felt safe in this area and walked to most of the nearby restaurants and attractions (we took the hotels complimentary shuttle to Harrah’s Casino on the first night though).

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rockyjoe
Reviewed December 30, 2013

It is well located close to most of the attractions
Has a good pool and bath tub
Crowd is ok
The managers are friendly for most part

Cons
The rooms most definitely need updates
The service is basic
The utensils and pots and pans very basic

Room Tip: Ask for a room Close to the beach
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Navanknox
Reviewed December 15, 2013

I have been staying here with my family over the past 16 years! Every time it is a great experience!
The last time i stayed here i was in a 2 bed room with a loft room and our heater broke during the winter! They sent some guy out to fix it within 10 minuets he fixed it but then it broke agin.... But like i said they made it right they upgraded us to a 5 bedroom 4 bath with a loft lakefront room for FREE!!!! At the check out they took $400 off our bill too!
I LOVE THUS PLACE AND WILL BE BACK!!!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family