We stayed in the "lodge" (read: hotel section) of the property, in a studio with loft. The kids loved the loft part, although it stayed pretty warm up there in June/July. It's a quick walk through the Aston townhomes to the beach. There's a sink upstairs, which I personally wouldn't consider a "half bath" as the Aston website describes it.
The property is older, and shows its age in the lodge's common areas. Still, it's nice to stay in a place that's not pretentious, just clean and practical. (We found the same kind of environment at the Aston Kaanapali Shores, and enjoyed it there as well.)
The location is good, with a well-rated breakfast place two doors down and an easy 5-10 minute walk to Safeway. Staff is friendly and helpful.
Now about the trailer hitch: if you are staying in the lodge and parking under it, consider entering the garage from the entrance at the southwest corner of the building. We were using a hitch-mounted four-bike carrier, and when we entered from the northeast we scraped the heck out of the carrier on the descent. The southwest entrance is flat and uneventful. That entrance is by the next-door HoJo's, which is at the west end of the Aston property.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aston at Lakeland Village is one mile from the Heavenly Gondola via a complimentary shuttle service that also transports guests around town. The South Lake Tahoe hotel offers two spa tubs, two outdoor pools (one open year-round), During the winter season, enjoy a Winter Continental Breakfast (Seasonal at the Heavenly Mountain), Kids can enjoy a summer of Kids Camp, and a private pier with boat moorings. Fitness equipment is also available. At this Lake Tahoe resort, a cozy fireplace warms the lobby and every room, where complimentary coffee is available all day, along with a self-serve cappuccino/latte machine (surcharge), cozy in every unit, free wireless internet access and a kiosk of rental videos. The on-site ski shop rents skis, snowboards, and clothing, and also sells equipment. Garage parking is free. Parking passes are required and are limited to one pass per guestroom. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Aston Lakeland Village Beach & Mountain Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aston Lakeland Village Beach & Mountain Hotel South Lake Tahoe
- Aston Lakeland Village Beach And Mountain Resort
- Lakeland Village Beach Mountain Hotel
- Lakeland Village Lake Tahoe
- Lakeland Village Beach And Mountain Resort South Lake Tahoe
- Lakeland Village Beach&Mountain Resort