“Hotel goes out of its way” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Take 15% Off Your Stay
Ranked #21 of 70 Hotels in South Lake Tahoe
Dallas
“Hotel goes out of its way”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

We stayed three nights (the third night free) in a 1BR/1BA/loft townhome, based on the reviews on the condos here.

After we checked out, I received a call from the hotel saying a housekeeper found jewelry in the bathroom. I didn't even realize I had left it in the medicine cabinet. He offered to fedex it to me (at my expense). I've stayed at numerous hotels over the last 20+ years and I've left all kinds of stuff behind in hotel rooms, but this is the first time the hotel called to tell me. So I give them major high marks for that!

The great thing about this hotel is the private beach. We hiked off Hwy 89 every day so the location wasn't the best for that. It's a great location for skiers.

The townhome was spacious and the room was functional and comfortable. It could use some updating (the carpet definitely needs to go.)

Room Tip: The layout was fine just for the two of us, but there is only one bathroom, next to the master bedro...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank GlobalKuidaore

San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

One of the reason i booked this property is because it was close to the beach and they have kid/teen activities and thought this would be a great place to stay. Front desk people were very helpful. The unit we stayed at however (410) is nothing like the picture posted on the site.The unit was outdated. As we walk into our unit the carpeting was wet, kitchen closet door has hole patch and the side wall has hole patch as well then the smoke alarm was not attached properly that it fell on my head (OUCH!). The pillows and bed were very uncomfortable and the traffic noise was bad.

The good thing about this resort is that they had some children activities and its very close to the beach and free shuttle services. Kitchen is fully equipped. Unit is very spacious good for a a big family. The pools are nice and the beach is really wonderful and there was lots of space and plenty of chairs and lounges to use. I would come back here again because of the beach the kids activities but am hoping to have a better unit with less traffic noise and a more updated townhome/unit

• 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank merrelli
Columbia Station, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

One of the reasons I booked this property was there were 7 people on our party and Aston Lakeland offered multi-room townhouses. Of course I investigated their web-site and Trip Advisor before booking. The price of our 4-bedroom/3 bath condo unit #437 was very affordable for the area and ultimately the reason I chose this property. I had apprehension since some of the reviews on Trip Advisor were negative. I've come to the conclusion that people posting the negative comments were just hard to please on average. This property was magnificent. The location was perfect. The beach was meticulous and within easy walking distance of any unit. Our townhouse was in the pine grove which provided much relaxing shade and ambiance. Sitting on our little deck while drinking coffee was amusing watching the birds and gray squirrels frolicking in the morning. The townhouse was very comfortable and could have easily accommodated 2 or 3 more people easily. My mother who was an administrative executive for a well-known hospital in Cleveland OH was impressed how clean the grounds and the townhouse were kept. What I liked most about this location was the beach and how wonderful it was to sit by the water's edge and relax. We were contemplating a house in the hills but that choice would only allow a view of Tahoe and not the experience of sitting by the water's edge. This location was ideal for teenagers too. It was within easy walking distance to assorted chain restaurants which were built to blend into the overall setting of South Lake Tahoe. If were back in this neck of the woods, I will book here again. Thank you Aston Lakeland Village!

4 Thank kelli p
Burlington, Vermont
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

I really wanted to like this place. And there are some nice attributes. But, overall, it just wasn't that great for us. My wife and 4 year old son and I stayed for two nights in the first week of June in a 1-bedroom lodge room.

My biggest complaint was the hide-a-bed. We put our son to bed in the bedroom and then figured we'd pull out the couch and sleep out in the living room since we stayed up later. There is no way anyone could possibly sleep on this thing, so don't even consider trying. I can't believe they market it as a bed. It's like laying on bare coils of metal.

So, after night 1 we asked for a roll away bed for our son, figuring we could put it in the bedroom and then we could sleep on the bed. No luck. We got an air mattress. At 10 o'clock that night, we blew up the air mattress in the living room and it promptly deflated due to the quarter-size hole in the side. We call again. They bring a new air mattress, this one seems to fill up, except we wake up at 2 a.m. fully deflated on the floor. And again at 5 a.m.

My next biggest complaint is the traffic noise. I'm not one to usually complain about noise issues, but this was bad. Our deck was completely unusable. We sat out there one night to play cards, and we brought an ipad out to listen to music. On the highest volume setting, we could not hear the music, nor could we speak to one another without raising our voices. So, we sat inside with the doors and windows shut tight.

The good thing about this place is a really nice beach area. The pools are fine enough, but the beach really is wonderful, and there was lots of space and plenty of chairs and lounges to use. We had a great time on that beach.

My advice-- Stay in a townhome for sure. The lodge just isn't that great, and the hallway leading to our room had a really funky odor. I guess the low price should've been a clue.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Adm_VT
Green Bay, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Nice condo units. Excellent location. Free shuttle to casinos and restaurants. Reasonable walking distance to restaurants and bars. Gorgeous lakeside location. Beautiful view, gorgeous beach, two pools, hot tub, kiddie pool. Daily housekeeping. Only improvement could be updated bed linens and bed comfort. Would plan to stay there again if in the area.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank RobinJJ
WA State
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

We stayed in unit 500; 2 bedrooms, 2 bath plus loft. The basic interior decor is somewhat dark and dated (walnut finish on the high-ceiling's wood beams, dark fireplace stone, etc.). We had a wood fireplace that we did not use (June travel); we'd personally prefer the gas fireplace which some units have. A nearly-new (microfiber?) couch and matching love seat with four throw cushions were of very good quality and quite comfortable. There was a large coffee table and one large end table. There was a large dining table with six upholstered chairs, and several stools at the kitchen counter. There were four (?) resin chairs on the balcony.

The carpets appeared to be newer and were clean and in very good repair. The large (48"?) modern Sony TV and DVD player were also very nice. The small kitchen is satisfactory-plus; the (quartz?) counter tops were updated and a very nice light modern color. There were lots of nice matching glasses and dinnerware, etc. Though we did not cook, that equipment appeared somewhat more dated. The beds were OK and the linens and pillows were particularly nice.

The downstairs bath and toilet were in a separate room from the single sink with a broad mirror and counter top. The upstairs was a 3/4 bath all in one room. So, considering the twin beds in the loft additional to the two other bedrooms, the bathroom facilities are the main limiting factor as to how many friends or family might be comfortable here.

The grounds and facilities were all very well kept and staff members were all very pleasant. A defective toaster was promptly replaced. There are DVD’s for rent at the office. The beach and associated facilities are quite nice, though we didn't really take advantage of it beyond a sunset tour. We booked with pricing that made this an exceptionally good value and we were very happy with our choice.

1 Thank Civilguy
California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Every year for our family reunion we stay at Lakeland Village. We usually rent a Townhouse and it is just great. You basically get your own little house to stay at. The first floor you get your bed room(s), the second floor you have your kitchen and living room, and then you get a loft which usually has 2 beds. The hotel "room" you get is close to the lake, and the area it is in is like a forest. They also recently (2 years) redid the hot tub area by the lake where you get a lake view. It is a great place to stay, and close to a marina where you can parasail, rent Jet Skis, Boats, Kayaks which Lakeland Village gives you discounts on in the office. I would recommend it to anyone. I plan on staying there every time I go to Lake Tahoe.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family