We stayed at this hotel for 5 nights (end of April 2013), in the cheapest room with a kitchenette.
With that kind of deal (Expedia), you get a room in the hotel where the lobby is located, near the road, not in the bungalows closer to the lake, the view is not fantastic but you still get to see the summits.
This hotel is in a nice location, 5 min. away from "downtown" South Lake Tahoe, and there are 3 supermarkets in the city. Safeway is 2 min. away by car. We dined out twice and were very disappointed by the quality of the food and the price, we were glad we could cook simple meals in the hotel room. Stay away from the Harrah's buffet, overpriced and not very good.
The room was big, the sparkling clean kitchenette had all the necessary equipment (which varies from room to room). The maid changes the kitchen towel every day (as well as the sponge, I think).
Nice flat screen TV, HBO, comfortable bed, quiet room (facing south).
There is coffee and tea in the rooms, coffee and decaf in the lobby.
Large jacuzzi, nice pool, but the road is right behind it. There is another pool by the lake, but it was closed for the season.
The beach is very pleasant, the water so clear, and you can see squirrels everywhere on the premisses.
Helpful and excellent service at the reception desk.
The wifi internet connection worked well in the room, just a little slower than what we are used to, but that is common with hotel wifi.
Cons : I was not crazy about the bed spread, these spreads are supposed to be filthy, but the sheets and cover were clean.
There is also a thick carpet, even in the bathroom, which is not very sanitary (although spotless).
We had a broken faucet in the shower, but it was fixed in a timely manner.
The bath tub had a crack, but was very clean.
The price: Although Expedia swears there is no resort fee at that hotel, the hotel taxes were higher than regular taxes (more than 20%). There was no bad surprise, I knew that from the beginning, when I paid for the 5 nights ($105/night), but I think there was a resort fee included in the hotel taxes.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aston at Lakeland Village is one mile from the Heavenly Gondola via a complimentary shuttle service that also transports guests around town. The South Lake Tahoe hotel offers two spa tubs, two outdoor pools (one open year-round), During the winter season, enjoy a Winter Continental Breakfast (Seasonal at the Heavenly Mountain), Kids can enjoy a summer of Kids Camp, and a private pier with boat moorings. Fitness equipment is also available. At this Lake Tahoe resort, a cozy fireplace warms the lobby and every room, where complimentary coffee is available all day, along with a self-serve cappuccino/latte machine (surcharge), cozy in every unit, free wireless internet access and a kiosk of rental videos. The on-site ski shop rents skis, snowboards, and clothing, and also sells equipment. Garage parking is free. Parking passes are required and are limited to one pass per guestroom. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Sabre Hospitality Solutions and Priceline so you can book your Aston Lakeland Village Beach & Mountain Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aston Lakeland Village Beach And Mountain Resort
- Aston Lakeland Village Beach & Mountain Hotel South Lake Tahoe
- Lakeland Village Beach Mountain Hotel
- Lakeland Village Lake Tahoe
- Lakeland Village Beach And Mountain Resort South Lake Tahoe
- Lakeland Village Beach&Mountain Resort