WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #22 of 68 Hotels in South Lake Tahoe
Anaheim, California
“memorable days”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

This year marks 50 years of my husband. My family decided to celebrate this event at Lake Tahoe. My husband is interested in fishing, the lake was so necessary. In these places, a lot of good hotels, but we stayed at Aston Lakeland Village Resort.
Reviews of the hotel was the best by our criteria. And most importantly - clean beach.
Early November is not suitable for swimming in the lake, but we had no choice.

Registration was two seconds (so I thought). Very nice young man we all clearly explained and gave useful information about fishing.
My family consists of 3 adults. Therefore, from a large selection of rooms to stay, we chose one bedroom suite with loft in lodge building. Later we did not regret it.
Room.
It is very clean and bright room, very suitable for 3 persons (with an adult child). The rooms smelled and were not seen damaged or worn items. My family was thrilled gift from the staff (dry wine of excellent quality, two bottles of water, sweets and crisps). Greeting card was with great views of Lake Tahoe.
Kitchen has surpassed my expectation. We did not eat in catering, and I love to cook. The kitchen is very important to me. So I brought her frying pan, knife and ladle for cooking porridge. It was all done in vain. The cupboards, I found everything you need and a lot of unnecessary appliances for me.
Cutlery was wonderful, from the correct steel. Were also napkins, salt and pepper. Breakfast includes 2 bags of Wolfgang Puck Coffee.
Living Room was comfortably furnished. On the couch was a lot of pillows. In the corner was a wood burning fireplace (we did not use). Large modern flat screen TV offers a great selection of programs. This distinguishing fact from the many hotels prevented us early to go out for a walk.
Living Room and tallow room out to the balcony square. Here, a round table arranged comfortable chairs. You can have breakfast overlooking the lake, or just drink coffee.
The bed was a medium soft and very comfortable. Six airbags - it too. A smell like soap!!
Our son is housed on the second floor (loft). He had his own dressing room with shower (water pressure is weak), and separately located washbasin. Even for the bed pillows were provided 4.5. He has to sleep in modest circumstances, but here it is dug up in blankets, cover pillows and rolled his eyes to the ceiling - is having fun. Above the bed quietly refreshing fan.
Services.
We almost got nothing, but something seen.
During the day, you can work in a single room on the first floor on a laptop with a cup of coffee and cream. On the site we noticed two swimming pools with jacuzzi, but the weather was cool.
Bikes - this is a great offer.
In the winter months the hotel offers a complimentary hot breakfast.
Conclusion.
I think that in the summer time more pleasant. But I do not know if we can once again do such a long journey from Anaheim. But the experience of this trip, we were perfect. We also like a lot of travelers like comfort and coziness, but also can not pay attention to any discomfort when we are surrounded by friendly atmosphere and attentive staff.
Special thanks to the Director General Mr. Jerry M. Bindel, who deserves respect.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank InnPet

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
Rancho Cordova, California, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

We recently stayed (September 28-30, 2012) in the Pinegrove Townhomes and had a very nice visit. The front desk personnel were very nice. Our room was ready when we arrived about 5pm on a Friday night. We reserved a one bedroom w/loft and two bathrooms. We requested a updated townhome (before arrival) as I had read on TripAdvisor some units were not as up to date as others. We were pleasantly surprised to get upgraded to a unit that was a two bedroom w/loft and three bathrooms. It was nicely updated. The private beach is very nice, only a short walk from the townhome. The pools and hot tubs are nice too. This resort is only a short drive from the casino area. I would recommend people I know to stay there.

Room Tip: I prefer the townhomes versus the lodge. The units have much more room.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Jennifer G
Irvine, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

I stayed here for a wedding and was pleasantly surprised at the size of the room and the amenities. We had a 3rd floor loft which included an upstairs queen bed and 1/2 bath, in addition to a bedroom and bath downstairs. There was also a decent sized kitchen with fridge, stove and microwave, which was very convenient. The living room was cozy esp with the gas fireplace. Although the hotel room was not the newest, it was well decorated and very clean and I thought it was an excellent price for what we got.

We also enjoyed using their tennis courts with free rental of balls and rackets. There is some construction going on in the front and the entrance is not the easiest to spot, but that is a minor point.

Would stay here again, esp with a larger group.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Surrey England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012

Our stay here was 1 night - there were 4 of us in total and we took 2 lodges. These are billed as being suitable for 4 people but as the bed is in loft they are not really suitable for 4 adults as there is no privacy. Our rom was fine - well equipped and spacious but the fixture and fittings were a bit dated.
The resort has several pools and hot tubs and is close enough to a number of shops and restaraunts to make getting around easy.
One of our rooms was not ready when we checked in at 4.30 even though check in time was 4pm. Upon check out I was told I couldn't have a receipt as I had booked via third party - I used the 3rd party before in a number of countries and never had this problem before. As we only stayed 1 night and didn't charge anything to the room I let this go but had we stayed longer I would have insisted on a receipt. This would actually put me off staying longer.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2012

Found this place a little by luck as Tahoe does have a lot of resorts but so pleased I did. We turned up at 3ish and found out that we had been upgraded. The property was on 2 storeys and offered a large bedroom and bathroom on the ground floor and a lounge and kitchen on the first. Above the kitchen was a mezzanine floor with bunk beds and a double bed (for the two of us !). Although dark inside the place was clean and very well equipped. The lake is amazing and only a one minute walk from the property. My wife and I are coming back for a longer stay, soon. Would highly recommend.

Room Tip: The nearer the lake the better.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Santa Clara, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

We stayed there for 3 nights during the labor day weekend and had a great time. We had rented a 4 bedroom condo. The unit was spacious with all amenities but looked like it needed renovation. Overall experience was nice but pictures on their website show more upgraded and renovated units with flat screen TVs. The one we got was a little run down but had all amenities and everything was working. Nevertheless, the location was great, their private beach had kayaks, pedal boats, etc. for rent and a nice though small swimming pool by the beach, which was a blessing with 6 children, aged between 6-13 in our party. I would say their private beach was the biggest plus point.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Santa Clara, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights during the Labor Day weekend. We had a 2 bedroom plus loft unit. On the plus side, the unit was spacious, and the location was great and they have a good selection of DVD's available to rent at the reception area. On the negative side...the unit is badly in need of an update! The carpet was so dirty I was hesitant to take my shoes off, window screen was falling off one window, blinds were in bad shape on a few windows, and the entire place was very dusty. I even found dead bugs on 2 pieces of furniture! Also...and this was a big negative for us...there was no AC. That might not be an issue for some people, but it was pretty warm when we arrived and the sleeping loft of our unit was stiflingly hot!
On a different note...The staff was very friendly, and gave excellent restaurant suggestions. The location is also perfect for enjoying the Labor Day fireworks display.

All in all, it is an ok facility with a good location. If we returned to this resort, I would try to request an updated unit.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family