Beach Retreat & Lodge at Tahoe
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Budget Inn South Lake Tahoe(Lake Tahoe (California))
View Hotel
Days Inn South Lake Tahoe(South Lake Tahoe)
View Hotel
Hotel Azure(South Lake Tahoe)
View Hotel
Travel Inn(South Lake Tahoe)
View Hotel
Tahoe Beach and Ski Club(South Lake Tahoe)
  • Pool
1,179 results
All reviewstiki hutboathouse restaurantbeachfront roomlake viewrooms are smallthird floorbeach accessgas fireplacehot tubking bedheavenly villagejoshuashawnhammockssafewaytahoedog
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 17, 2013

initial thoughts of this hotel were...okay...well, for the price, on the lake's edge, okay, this is what we get. Upon entering the room, some more disappointment, as it was smallish, and just so-so in appearance. Think upgraded Motel 6. King size bed and fireplace made it better than Motel 6. Small bathroom with shower only and small vanity area. Some construction going on as it seems the place is under fairly new ownership and they are working on making it a nicer venue. Okay again, as the price was reasonable, and they did not require more than a one night stay, as many places seem to in high 'season'. While the bed was king size, it was nothing special. Almost lumpy, and definitely needs replacing. The place is busy, with people out and about enjoying the lake, the pool, the Jacuzzi spa, and the beach. It is a biggish facility, so plan on taking some time to find a parking space, and working your way through the masses can be a challenge.

Major Pro: We had a Beach Room, and the views out the full sliding glass door were phenomenal! I mean, to die for gorgeous. There is a full wall window on the far side of the bed, so you get the view impact on two sides. We slept with the sliding glass door open so we could hear the waves lapping on the shore as we fell asleep.

The staff were lovely.

All in all, we would likely stay here again, because as we have said to our children on many occasions, "once you are asleep, all rooms look alike, so why pay a fortune?"

Room Tip: Choose an e-upgrade if you book onine. That is how we got a beach room, which was not available when reserving online.
3  Thank Carolyn M
Kimberly S, Manager at Beach Retreat & Lodge at Tahoe, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

Dear Carolyn,
Thank you for staying with us. These are indeed some of the best views you can find, and falling to sleep to the waves and waking to that sunset makes every day seem better! I am sorry you were disappointed with your room. We have recently undergone a change in ownership and are in the process of renovating all of our rooms. These should be done in the next week or so, so please come by and check us out. Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed June 16, 2013

Stayed over the weekend, fireplace and coffee maker not working. Lodged official complaint to front office no action taken......the response from the guest service agent was there is nothing we can do. I called from my room as well no one came to check.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
7  Thank billy d

Dear Pemum,
Please accept our apologies for your experience at the front desk. We took your comments seriously and are working on where the lack of communication happened on our end. Our front office manager considers his #1 role to be working with guests, making sure they are happy and solving any problems, so I was sorry to hear that you were not able to speak with him.
Thank you for letting us know what happened while you were here, as that is the only way we can address communication or training issues. We hope you come back this summer and let us show you a different experience.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

The check in procedure was painful and trying. It would have been nice if they could have been honest. We paid extra for a lake view & balcony but they told us the rooms with blocked views cost the same and they told us that was what we would get. Later asking a second person at the desk she said we cancelled our lake view. What? They refused to let us talk to the manager. He was "busy". If you pay extra for a lake view room you may not get it but they want the higher price.
Then we found out the had major construction right next to the pool. Made the pool not worth visiting. We did not like the room or view and left after one night.

• Stayed: June 2013
5  Thank Pemum
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Wow! What a delightful place! The staff was fantastic from the first moment that I called and spoke with Noah who assigned us a lovely room with a gorgeous view! Also, Mario, Yvonne, Kevin and everyone at the front desk were so kind and helpful :o) Yvonne was so generous in allowing us a late check out which allowed us a blissful last walk on the stunning beach. The most amazing thing about this place is that it is right on the beach, and it's a quiet private feeling beach (at least in mid June). There is this very long, wonderful pier right behind the hotel, and it's so much fun to stroll down there and watch the sunset. One of the most beautiful sunsets I have ever seen in my life (as beautiful as a Maui, HI sunset). While you're there make sure to have breakfast at Kitchen34eleven. The menu is wonderful. We had the breakfast salmon pizza which is OUT OF THIS WORLD YUMMY! It's a fresh baked pizza crust topped with cream cheese, eggs, capers and smoked salmon. Exquisite. Luis used to work at Wolfgang Puck and he designed the breakfast menu, and it has some absolutely unique and delightful items. We also had the Antioxidant Breakfast which included 6 oz of grilled salmon, greek yogurt, blueberries, green tea and cantalope! Amazingly good! Luis, Hector and Juan provided fantastic service each morning and then we were off to walk that beautiful beach. I must also mention what a fantastic job that housekeeping did every single day, and with a smile! This is a well run hotel in one of the most beautiful parts of the country. It not a super luxurious hotel, but it's really comfortable and has everything that you need. We really enjoyed ourselves. For the price, it is a super value!! I can't remember the last time I got this much for my money. If you are looking for a relaxing, clean, well run, comfortable hotel with a wonderful breakfast at a very fair price, this is the perfect place to stay!

1  Thank GriffinCrowley
Reviewed June 13, 2013

When I booked a King-lakefront; I guess I was expecting a little more.

The room was small. Not particularly a killer but again the expectations were much higher. And "lakefront" was really "lake-partial-view-at-a-slant". Kind of annoying on top of that is when you sit on the small balcony; the railing is right at eye height. So you either stand on the deck and enjoy the partial lake view or stare at the railing. And when I say small ... the bathroom reminded me of a cruise-ship.

However, I will say that our room was very clean and the bed was comfortable. It was enjoyable to walk the long pier in the evenings.

The other slight disappointments was the lack of small refrigerator and microwave. Also the TV was an old CRT ... which are starting to become dinosaurs in their own right. We stayed in an ~old hotel in Truckee the night before that had a HD flat screen.

So the question of staying here again comes down to cost. If BRL@T was a decent discount to other lakeside property, then I might stay here again. But at even money; I would find another option.

Room Tip: There are only 16 LakeFront rooms and most others are partial-view. If it matters to you, be specific.