Beach Retreat & Lodge at Tahoe
Americana Village(South Lake Tahoe)(Great Value!)
$139
Americana Tahoe
$125
Postmarc Hotel and Spa Suites(South Lake Tahoe)(Great Value!)
$126
Hotel Azure(South Lake Tahoe)(Great Value!)
$177
$157
Hotels.com
3 Peaks Resort & Beach Club(South Lake Tahoe)(Great Value!)
$70
Basecamp South Lake Tahoe(South Lake Tahoe)(Great Value!)
$90
Grand Residences by Marriott, Tahoe(South Lake Tahoe)(Great Value!)
$199
$164
  • Pool
Lake Tahoe Resort Hotel(South Lake Tahoe)(Great Value!)
$156
$104
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Tahoe Lakeshore Lodge and Spa(South Lake Tahoe)(Great Value!)
$151
The Landing Resort & Spa(South Lake Tahoe)
$459
Official Website
1,184 results
All reviewstiki hutboathouse restaurantbeachfront roomlake viewrooms are smallthird floorbeach accessgas fireplacehot tubking bedheavenly villagejoshuashawnhammockssafewaytahoedog
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We enjoyed two nights at this hotel. The beds are comfortable and the linens seemed new. We suggest the beach rooms. The view of the lake is fantastic. The staff was extra nice and accommodating. Vickie

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Vickie R
Reviewed May 25, 2013

Arriving in May from England after the ski season the hotel was still busy. We paid a little extra to get a room over looking the lake and it was well worth it....The room was clean with a gas fire and A/C if needed....view from balcony was wonderful showing the lake and the mountains. Room was 20 seconds from the beach and hotel had a pool as well .....did not try the restaurant as Tahoe have plenty to choose from and the casinos are only 5 minutes away ....Overall an ideal location and hotel. We would stay here again.

Room Tip: Payable little extra and get a room on"B"block over looking the lake for a great view. Other rooms face the parking lot but are cheaper.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 9, 2013

We booked through Expedia - it was a GREAT DEAL and we were looking forward to what the trip had to offer. We were hoping to enjoy the beach! Unfortunately, the weather was poor (rainy and cold) and we did not get to take advantage of what the hotel had to offer.

PROS:
- Central location to South Lake Tahoe - easy access to lots of shopping, restaurants, and casinos
- Beach front property and very picturesque
- WiFi was easy to use and about 5mbps down 1mbps up

CONS:
- The room was EXTREMELY small (estimated 300 sq.ft. which includes the bathroom space)
- The service we received was below par and was unwilling to work with us
- The beach was littered with goose and duck droppings
- The tv seemed like it would die at times
- No microwave and mini fridge
- Their sister restaurant did not offer room service and Kitchen34Eleven seemed pricey
- We charged a $50/day deposit, which was not disclosed upfront

Given that the weather was not cooperating, we had to spend more time in the room than we had previously planned. When we got there, it looked like they did NOT have full capacity and they had their "VACANCY" sign lit up the whole 4 days we spent there. We were placed in the 2nd floor - to which we had concerns about noise. We requested for us to be moved to the 3rd floor and we were told that "they did not have anything available". When we got to our room, we were wondering where our "Lake view" was - but the lake was visible from the porch toward the back. As mentioned, we tried to order room service... We were happy that we got pizza delivered without issue.

The fireplace/heater worked great - but can get loud when you are sleeping. Between that and the noise from the guest above, sometimes falling back asleep was futile. We found out the next day we were charged a "$50/day deposit" - which wasn't an issue, but would have been nice for the front desk to divulge that info when we first checked in.

The place has a lot of potential. It has a great location and very romantic setting. I think hotel service could be better - and despite the small room, better amenities can be offered.

Room Tip: If you book this hotel, try to get a room on the 3rd floor as noise is an issue
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank ValerioV122
Kimberly S, Manager at Beach Retreat & Lodge at Tahoe, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Dear ValerioV122,

Thank you for taking the time to write. We apologize that our services did not meet your expectations and want to do all that we can to remedy that. As you may know, we have a new name and new ownership as of December 1, 2012. We are in the process of making a lot of changes, both to the physical property and to the service standards. We are currently renovating our rooms, so that may have been the reason a 3rd floor room was not available. I am curious as to which room you were in, as the fireplace should not make any noise at all, and we want to make sure the one in your room is repaired.

You are so right when you say that the property has a lot of potential. Over the next several months, a lot of changes and updates will be happening, including launching a summer program with daily activities (rain or shine!). I hope you give us the opportunity to welcome you again. If so, please ask for me or for our general manager as we would like to apologize in person and see if there is anything we can do to make your next stay absolutely delightful.

Kimberly Sundt

Reviewed April 26, 2013

I booked my reservation from the living social I purchased. Being a business owner who has worked with groupon I understood the compromises you make with purchasing a discounted service. I called to schedule my dates and was sooooo happy with the service I received from the staff. Soo accommodating because it will be my honeymoon! After reading all the reviews and after experiencing such amazing customer service I can't wait! I never travel without my ear plugs so I am definitely looking forward to this amazing trip! My trip will be May 13-16

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Emily T
Reviewed April 11, 2013

I was traveling with my 85 pound German Sheppard dog. It's not easy to find hotels willing to accept large dogs. This hotel was GREAT. A perfect location on the south end of Lake Tahoe with easy access to Stateline. I'd stay there again with or without the dog.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo