“Great omelettes” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Red Hut Cafe

The Red Hut Cafe
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Diner
Good for: Local cuisine, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
California
“Great omelettes”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

I go to Red Hut Cafe with my son several times a year when I'm hungry for breakfast. The omelettes are big and so is the portion of hash browns, twice as much as other restaurants. My usual order is a Monterey Jack, avocado and ortega chili omelette with raisin bread toast. The food at both the Red Hut on Ski Run and the small one farther down on highway 50 is the same, but parking is much easier at Ski Run and there is more comfortable seating there. I haven't been to the red Huts in Stateline, Carson City, or Reno yet, but I imagine the food is the same.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars

Swansea S.Wales
“Good value, good choice, friendly service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

We had breakfast here a few times and liked it. We didn't have to queue for a table though they always seemed to be pretty busy. they seemed to be popular with local people as well as holiday makers which I always take to be a good sign

Visited September 2013
Albany, New York
“Excellent breakfast - I'd go back anytime”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

This place is so worth going to if you love breakfast food. I went twice when I was in SLT, and didn't have to wait for a table, but I'm guessing it gets pretty busy at certain times. The place is small, but cozy. Definitely a tight squeeze. They have a jalepeño bacon that is amazing, and a chicken apple sausage that is equally tasty. Besides the traditional hot coffee and teas, they have a yummy hot apple cider, which was cinnamony and great. They have all sorts of traditional breakfast options available, and a bunch of unique specials. The waitstaff was excellent - efficient and good and pleasant, she got everything right. There is a bunch of memorabilia for sale- t-shirts and mugs and things, and cool historical pictures decorating the walls. Totally affordable. Absolutely worth it. Can't wait to go back.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars
Los Angeles, California
“We stop here every year for breakfast!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

We have been having breakfast here for maybe 20 years. The wives have changes, the kids are grown up, but Red Hut continues to provide a great breakfast. Never disappointed.

Visited August 2013
Lake County, Illinois
“Yummy food and great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

We searched TripAdvisor to find a restaurant and decided on the Red Hut Cafe based on reviews. It was a great choice. The food was just delicious and the service and server were great. I had the meatloaf and my spouse had the baby back ribs and both of us were very pleased with our meals. After dinner we couldn't resist the ice cream parlor ride of Red Hut. It was delicious too!

Visited September 2013