New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of The Red Hut Cafe

The Red Hut Cafe
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Diner
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Columbus, Ohio
“I would go back”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

Went for breakfast. In and out in 30 mins. Waffle and bacon were really good. Not great coffee. My husband liked their sausage and hash brown. Good size portions. Our bill was 23$

• Visited September 2013

Stroud, United Kingdom
“Lovely Ice Cream”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

Wow, we ordered ice cream after a busy day hiking in the hills, thinking we'd thoroughly deserved the treat. Not only were the ice creams fantastic, they were so big we couldn't manage dinner. Nice staff too.

McLean, Virginia
“Great Breakfasts”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

We had breakfast here each morning of our visit to Tahoe. Everyone of them were terrific. Our son is a coffee professional, and he love the espresso he got here each day. The servers were always attentive and courteous.

Visited September 2013
Fairfax, Virginia
“YUM!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

I love breakfast food. It is one of my most favorite things in the world! So, after reading reviews about the Red Hut Cafe and I told my husband we must go! I am SO glad we did. I had the waffle with chicken apple sausage. The waffle was amazing! It was cooked perfectly! My husband had pancakes, eggs and bacon and somehow managed to eat it all. He said his was delicious as well.

Alameda, California
“Poor food, poor service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

My family went to the new Red Hut Cafe on Ski Run based on the good reviews on this website. We couldn't be disappointed more.
1. We ordered banana waffle which was terrible. The waffle was so plain.
2. My cheese & avocado omelet had no taste at all. The cook simply blended the ingredients together and the outcome was a disaster.
3. My husband & daughter's hamburgers were very dry. The french fries were over cooked.
4. The waitress forgot about our coffee orders. Our coffee arrived with the meals. It's also very hard to get her to refill the coffee. The coffee was very week. Poor quality.
Although they did a good job in designing the cafe, it has a retro, cheerful style; however, you cannot eat the decor. Don't go there if you are expecting a decent breakfast/brunch.