“Came for the soup, loved the duck!”
Review of My Thai Cuisine

My Thai Cuisine
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: NEW OWNERSHIP, BETTER SERVICE, GREAT AUTHENTIC FOOD....
Reviewed November 27, 2013

It is cold in Tahoe in winter and tom yum goong soup just seemed to beckon to us. We started with the soup, then decided on the "Hermes" special - roast duck in black pepper sauce (mushrooms, asparagus, etc). Both were excellent! The restaurant is pine paneled, well suited for Lake Tahoe with beautiful Thai decor. Definitely will return to this jewel!

Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

If you like Thai iced tea make sure you get it here. The pork pad Thai was very tasty. I like spicy pad Thai but the 3 star was a bit much. When I go back I will defiantly be doing the 2 star. The spring rolls are not fried so be prepared for very heathy spring rolls. Of the few times that our waitress came to our table I think I called her over all but one time. They most certainly need to work on the customer service aspect of their restaurant.

1  Thank Donald N
Reviewed October 30, 2013

The food was average, the pad thai was not spicey or flavorful at all however the tom yum soup was AMAZING. The reason we are rating this rest. are average is b/c the tables and booths are so close together it is impossible to have a private conversation. My husband and I felt like we were on the first date playing out in the booth behind us...felt terrible eves dropping but it could not be helped, there wasn't any background music playing to drown out this couples self praising.....ugh.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

The name has now changed but it seems to be the same high-quality and tasty food that we experienced back in early August.

While the food here is really good but the service needs some attention. We were a group of 10 on Saturday night and the food came out sporadically which left a few of the group waiting for up to 5 minutes while others had their food delivered. The restaurant was filling up at the time so we'll give them that and we'll go back because of the quality of the food and hopefully find that the service has improved.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

Met friends for lunch and we all had something different. The service was very good, food was fresh and portions were ample. Would not hesitate to either go back or recommend to others.