“Excellent food And service.”
Review of My Thai Cuisine

My Thai Cuisine
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: NEW OWNERSHIP, BETTER SERVICE, GREAT AUTHENTIC FOOD....
Richmond, Virginia
“Excellent food And service.”
Reviewed August 10, 2012

Clear menu & they keep the place Clean as new. Almost missed it due to other reviews...go and enjoy.

• Korean first
  • Slovak first
Santiago, Chile
“Three Stars until Service Improves”
Reviewed June 3, 2012

Our first impression of Thai Nakorn was the small parking lot. All of the spaces were occupied, and it did not appear that the adjacent multi-purpose lot was safe for parking. So we drove to the nearby shopping center and walked the quarter-mile. This was a precursor to a long afternoon.

There were open tables when we arrived and were promptly escorted to a booth. The restaurant décor reflects Thai influence. The menu is extensive and includes photos of the most popular items.

In my continuous search for the world’s best Pad Thai, I ordered the mainstay with chicken. The dish was flavorful and light. I requested medium spicy – three stars on their five-star scale – but I could not detect a hint of spice. Nevertheless, the Pad Thai would earn an above average rating. My colleague tried the crab Pad Thai, one of the daily specials. The crab was generous, but even his four-star spice request was barely noticeable. The lunch portions were more than adequate.

The downfall of this dining experience was the service. Despite the fact that we arrived at 2pm – well after the lunch rush – the service left much to be desired. First, there was a 15-minute gap between ordering drinks and placing the meal order. Second, the table was not set for guests. The appetizer arrived, and then we had to wait a few minutes for cutlery and plates. Third, my colleague’s Pad Thai was delivered 15 minutes after mine. In fact, I had finished the dish, and the plate was removed, before he was served. Both entrees arrived hot, so it appeared to be a timing issue. Finally, the server did not acknowledge any of these delays. It was evident that there were only two servers – and at least 8 tables – but a simple apology would have helped to ease the frustration.

In summary, the food warrants a return visit. But I’ll plan for a leisurely lunch.

• Visited June 2012
Salem, South Carolina
“Thank You OTT and Thai Nakorn”
Reviewed March 10, 2012

Visiting Tahoe became a little more special tonight. we were treated to a special treat at Thai Nakorn. Ott and his staff provide incredible food and a friendly atmosphere where we felt at home an apart of the family. Pick your level of spice and have a great Thai meal. Do not miss out on this!

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank Wesstone
Nevada City, California
“great food and good service”
Reviewed February 23, 2012

this is the second restaurant owned by this family; the other is in Truckee. They have an extensive menu and the food is very fresh and very tasty. Service is very friendly and prompt.

Visited February 2012
1 Thank Riveroak
Saratoga, California
“Fabulous Thai!”
Reviewed February 22, 2012

Fantastic food - so fresh and delicious! The chicken satay and fried wontons were great. The service was fast and friendly. The restaurant was packed by the time we left.

Visited February 2012