“A Great Way to see the Beautiful Blue Water of Tahoe”
Review of Tahoe Queen - CLOSED

Tahoe Queen
More attraction details
Owner description: Glass-bottom-boat tours by day, dining and dancing at night.
Reviewed December 22, 2012

My wife and I decided on a whim to take a long detour to Lake Tahoe on our way from Yosemite to San Francisco. I have had a longing to see the lake since watching Bonanza each week as a kid. While we only had about 5 hours in the area, it was well worth getting up early enough to leave Yosemite at 6:00 a.m. and spending several extra hours on the road. The drive through the high country was scenic and we enjoyed the scenery. We both also got to add Nevada to our list of states visited.
Once we arrived at the lake, we got tickets for the Tahoe Queen. We had a little time to kill, so we had a very nice lunch with a view at Zephry Cove and a walk along the beach.
As we boarded the boat, a photographer insisted on taking our picture. We never buy these, but since this trip was for our 25th anniversary, we made the purchase. We were then greeted by none other than Mark Twain. He asked where we were from and had a few witty things to say about Tennessee. While I know you can't base history on old tv shows, I was reminded of an early episode of Bonanza that revolved around journalist "Sam Clemens" visiting Virginia City and also a later episode where the plot involved robbers and their plan to use a paddle boat to escape across Lake Tahoe with a stolen pay roll.
Lake Tahoe is more beautiful that I could have imagined. I have never seen water that had the shades of blue and emerald as Tahoe. I have a much better appreciation for the "Keep Tahoe Blue" bumper stickers I see. The paddle boat made its way from Zephry Cove, around Emerald Isle and back to the dock on the 2.5 hour tour. We were there in mid-June, but there was still a little snow on the surrounding mountaintops. I felt like I was living in a post card. Mr. Twain did a stand-up act in the dining area. We chose to listen over the PA system so we could enjoy the view. We used our time top deck to take pictures and feel the wind in our face.
While we only got a very small taste of Tahoe, the time we spent on the boat, and then driving around the eastern side of the lake made both of us put spending several days in Lake Tahoe a "must do" on our list of future travel plans.
If you go to the Tahoe area, take the cruise. You will be glad you did.

Reviewed November 25, 2012

The ride was smooth and we got to see the sights along the banks of the lake. Food was good and plentiful. A great experience.

1  Thank maifiori
Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

Good ride. Bathroom was unsatisfactory. Sound was ok for the movie that was shown. Very entertaining and relaxing ride around the lake.

Reviewed November 2, 2012

Nice 2.5 hour cruise on Lake Tahoe on a 3 decker paddle wheeler. We had a clear sunny day with temp around 70. Across the lake to beautiful Emerald Bay, which should not be missed. Best of all was the wonderful and information packed narration by Captain Jerry. Very worthwhile on a sunny day when you can be out on the upper deck.

Reviewed October 12, 2012

Seems highly overrated. I went on the standard afternoon trip - not the dinner trip. Most of the trip was spent without narration. There was about 10 minutes at the beginning, then a bit more 45 minutes later. Then a bit while in Emerald Bay. Then nothing for the rest of the 2 1/2 hr trip. There was a movie about the history of the area that was shown on the way back. If you don't have a car, then this is probably the only way to see the lake - otherwise drive around it, stopping at the overlook at Emerald Bay. If you are bored & looking for something to do, it is a way to spend 2 1/2 hrs drinking & eating overpriced food, since you are not allowed to bring your own food or drink on the boat. We went during the week in mid-October, so the boat had only about 1/3 of its normal capacity of passengers. It would have been pretty crowded if full. Also, don't pay full price - there are discount coupons to be found everywhere.