“Nice flat trails and views.”

Camp Richardson Corral
More attraction details
Owner description: Camp Richardson Corral offers horseback rides through Lake Tahoe national forest. All tours are guided and at a walk. Trail rides may include beautiful views of Lake Tahoe, Fallen Leaf Lake, Taylor Creek, along with beautiful mountain meadows and forests.We also offer hay wagon rides, pony rides, pack trips and boarding facilities.
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Cross country skiing was pretty simple, but I'm a novice so it was enough trail for me. We also went snowshoeing across the street. Lack of snow on lake level made it a little harder for the snowshoeing.

I thought pretty expensive for us it was $14/pp for a whole day.
The staff was good, and helped us wax our skiis as the rental place had not. Nice gesture.

I'd probably try and go elsewhere for more variety and some small hills next time, but it was a good experience.

1  Thank Squeekie
There are newer reviews for Camp Richardson Corral

Reviewed September 17, 2012

$40 for 50 min horse ride. Very scenic. Go on a weekday if possible, to have the scenery all to your self.

4  Thank wpgJ
Reviewed September 17, 2012

You can't take Texas out of the gal. We love to take a trail ride while at Lake Tahoe. It was our 3rd time to use the Camp Richardson Stable. Good riding stock tailored to fit your riding experience - or the lack thereof. Such a pleasure to breathe the mountain air - or dust, if you bring up the rear!

2  Thank BoerneMimi
Reviewed August 13, 2012

I made a reservation for a Tuesday ride at 12:00 noon for 6 people. I called the Sunday before my ride to see if I could add to my group and was told that at 6 people our group was full and could not add.

When our group arrived the day of our reservation i was told we showed up the wrong day and our reservation wasfor Wednesday instead. No apology or consolation for their mistake, I was just told that i showed up the wrong day and that my reservation was for Wednesday. Never mind we would have never made a reservation for a day some of us would not even be in Tahoe.

Mistakes happen and a sincere apology would have gone a long way. The corral uses a handwritten book to make reservations and it's easy to see how they can make a mistake.
They obviously have more business they can deal with and aren't too concerned if they mess up somebodys vacation.

I won't be back.

10  Thank Craig A
Reviewed August 13, 2012

We plan on camping here within the next few summers. It is absolutely beautiful. There are more public (busy) beaches as well as more private beaches. The trails are well-kept. Bikes are readily accessible for rental. Cabins can be rented by the week for $800.00 which is fantastic!

1  Thank wheelswillroll