“Great Value!”
Review of Tahoe Chalet Inn

Tahoe Chalet Inn
Ranked #38 of 65 Hotels in South Lake Tahoe
Reviewed June 1, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised by the Tahoe Chalet Inn. Best of all, the service was great. Eric was kind enough to accommodate me for my very late check in, and the woman the next day at the front desk was very friendly and greeted all the guests, trying to ensure they were comfortable. Service far surpassed any comparably priced motels.

The continental breakfast was good, with more than enough cereal, yogurt, fresh fruit and other things to fill you up.

As far as the room, nice touch with the poster bed, which again distinguishes this place from comparably priced options. The room was comfortable and cozy and most importantly, clean. I wasn't too crazy about the shower just because it was very small and tight, and the design of the bathroom actually would allow for a much larger shower (there is a lot of empty space in the bathroom). But overall the room was great.

Location is also very convenient.

All in all, I had a great comfortable stay at the Tahoe Chalet Inn and would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank mjalti

Reviewed May 31, 2013

Location is perfect - 5 minute walk to heavenly village and the shops, restaurants and bars and about 10 minutes to the lake. We only used our car once while here which is also a bonus. The staff and excellent - very friendly and welcoming and recognise you after a day or 2 even when it is busy. Breakfast is plentiful and breakfast time is very flexible which makes a nice change. Room is spotlessly clean. Decor is a little dated but great value for friendly, clean hotel in great location

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jakkster67
Reviewed May 23, 2013

I was up in South Lake Tahoe for business, and had to stay an extra day. Tahoe Chalet Inn was recommended to me, and since it was easy walking distance to my business appointment, I decided to stay there.

The room was clean and well appointed, but the staff was what made the experience Very Good. They greeted me by name, explained the layout, and made some great recommendations on where to eat.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 15, 2013

I love the Lake Tahoe area... one of the most beautiful spots on the planet. I worked with the staff for a special romantic stay. I can unequivocally state that the staff wen WAY ABOVE AND BEYOND anything I requested! I had a few very specific requests... which were simply taken care of. The only problem with my stay was the fact that it was only for 1 night... I won't make that mistake again - and the Tahoe Chalet Inn is the place to stay!

If it's in your budget, upgrade to one of the suites. They are off the main drag so they are nice and quiet - lots of room to spread out, beautiful jacuzzi tub, fireplace...

Room Tip: Trust me, upgrade to one of the suites!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank VolvoCowboy
Peter E, General Manager at Tahoe Chalet Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2013

Dear "VolvoCowboy"
Thank you for the most remarkable and wonderful review. We enjoy comments like yours post them for all employees to see that their efforts do not go unnoticed. We look forward to an early return.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

We had only planned to stay one night on our road trip but this became two nights due to the fantastic location, but also clean, comfortable hotel room decorated in a wonderful theme with four poster bed. Ample parking, continental breakfast and free wifi were added perks. Will definitely come back one day.

• Stayed: May 2013
Peter E, General Manager at Tahoe Chalet Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

Dear "samnoli"
Thank you very much for your kind words about your recent Tahoe Chalet Inn stay. We're delighted at the many accolades and look forward to your early return.
Thanks on behalf of the entire staff

Reviewed May 6, 2013

The Manager/Owner Peter was so Helpful as well as Erick what a nice guy, both give to us a lot of Tips on what to do because it was out first time there and give us a different coupons to use... The Room was very Clean and I love the decorations, very comfy, defiantly we have to come back but this time w/ my kids ♥

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Peter E, General Manager at Tahoe Chalet Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Dear "familybaluga"
Thank you very much for your kind and wonderful comment about the Tahoe Chalet Inn. We very much appreciate your kind words and look forward to welcoming you and the family back hopefully very soon.
On behalf of everyone here, thank you again very much for your kind endorsement.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

Absolutely a fantastic place! Full value for money! The hotel is close to everything and the owner, Peter, is very nice and helpful. He gave us a lot of tips about the area we could use. We would love to stay there again. The hotel gets all of our recomendations!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Naflo10
Peter E, General Manager at Tahoe Chalet Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

Thank you very much "Naflo10" for your "Brilliant" review.
We're delighted that you enjoyed our services and hope to have you back at the Tahoe Chalet Inn in the near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near South Lake Tahoe
The Trailhead
The Trailhead
#49 of 65 in South Lake Tahoe
National 9 Inn - South Lake Tahoe
National 9 Inn - South Lake Taho...
#41 of 65 in South Lake Tahoe
Postmarc Hotel and Spa Suites
#7 of 65 in South Lake Tahoe
Budget Inn South Lake Tahoe
Budget Inn South Lake Tahoe
#75 of 118 in Lake Tahoe (California)

Been to Tahoe Chalet Inn? Share your experiences!