“Absolutely great!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 72 Hotels in South Lake Tahoe
las vegas
“Absolutely great!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2009

My stay at 968 Park Spa resort one one of my most enjoyable trips ever! The staff were very courteous and helpful. The rooms were top notch! The bed was the most comfortable I had ever felt plus knowing it was organic made me feel even more assured! Everything about the hotel was great! I loved the Kangen water as well!! I would highly recommend this hotel to everyone!!

• Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
Lake Tahoe
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2009

First off, the exterior of the hotel is beautiful and unique and that theme resonates throughout the hotel. From the staff's unscripted warm conversation to the beds that snuggle you throughout the night, this place has all the elements I wish I had at my own home. The balance of comfort and style, sustainability and convenience, my stay here truely captured the Tahoe experience.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Pittsburgh, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2009

What a lovely place! This cozy hotel gives you the real feel of being at a ski resort. Firstly, it is eco-friendly - using glass bottles, organic toiletries and fire places that do not use up natural resources. So what is luxurious about it - the friendly people who work at the desk and help you effortlessly, the short elevator ride, the delicious breakfast of coffee, fruit and croissants, the great towels, big armoires and a fire-lit lobby and bar to enjoy trading ski stories from the day on the slopes. Great service all-around!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars
1 Thank Delacroix9
Petaluma, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2009

I was very impressed by the whole green concept of this hotel. I am happy to reuse my towel or not have my sheets changed. But the Park Hotel has stripped down their rooms worse than a motel 6. There are no cups or glasses, none, not even a plastic cup. No hair dryer, no tissue, no ice bucket. We were able to get some glasses and a hair dryer, but I don't think we should have to request these simple items; they should be in the room. They have a regular household fridge downstairs which is the only place to get ice. You feel like a hog just filling the bucket because it takes most of the ice.I can't imagine that using a home ice maker saves more energy for a 50 room hotel than having a professional ice maker!! But by far the worst thing is, they took the fabulous Lake Tahoe water and "improved" it. Now it tastes nasty and mineraly. I love the water up there, it is by far the best tap water I have ever had, the new "improved" version has a distinct taste to it, besides, how are you supposed to drink it with no glasses!! It is true that the beds and linens are very nice, great flat screen TV with lots of channels, a good sized room, however they put old barn wood on the wall behind the beds, it snags your hair and I was afraid some icky old termites were going to jump on me!!! They advertise free wireless, but their system was locked and we weren't given instructions on logging in. I am sure they would have told me how, but I didn't call, just logged into the hotel across the street. I agree with blyvoor, tried it once, not going back!!!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank JessJess1
968Park, General Manager at 968 Park Hotel, responded to this review, January 4, 2010
Thanks for your response. We always appreciate guest feedback.

I wanted to clarify a few things.

-In addition to the ice machine you mentioned we also have a commercial ice machine on the second floor.

-All of the water comes from the well serving our neighborhood. We did not improve upon it. What you tasted was actually unadulterated Lake Tahoe ground water. The only water that is different is in the lobby where you have the option of trying Kangen Alkaline water.

-The wireless does require a password to assure neighboring hotels do not use it thereby maintaining a high performance speed for our guests. The password is printed on the back of your key card sleeve.

-Finally we do have cups, hairdryers, and and ice buckets in every room.

-As for the wood behind the beds, this is recycled wood which has been milled and treated, so I can assure you that no, "icky old termites" will crawl out on you.

Level Green, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2009

My family and I travel frequently and I can't remember any place or staff that has made me feel more welcome. The hotel's charming decor is complemented by a staff that can't do enough to make your stay as pleasant and enjoyable as possible. Thanks for everything! I can't wait to come back!!!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
San Francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2009

By far one of the coolest places in South Lake. The rooms were super cool with re-purposed materials which made a very nice decor and a huge flatscreens in the room. The beds and sheets we're amazing! Super friendly and relaxed, the place has a unique feel, not like other chain hotels. We skied all day and hung out in the hot tub for hours. I heard that they do glasses of wine with check-in, but we didn't get that. We'll definitely be staying here more often anI highly recommend it for anyone who wants something a little different than your run of the mill hotel.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank NJ2CA
Selden, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2009

I found out about this hotel from a friend that lives in the area. From the second I walked inside I fell in love. The lobby is cozy and welcoming with comfortable seats and fireplaces. Not to mention the extremely friendly and inviting staff and complimentary glass of wine with check in. The bed was the most amazing thing I have ever slept on and every room has a 42 inch tv!! I almost didn't want to go snowboarding or out at night, I could've just stayed in my room the whole trip!! The staff was super helpful with getting me any information I needed and I felt right at home. I recommend this hotel to anyone looking to stay in Tahoe. And since it's a new hotel, they're just getting better and better every day!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with friends