My boyfriend and I stayed at 968 Park Hotel recently. Good service, but the rooms are lacking.
- No A/C in the rooms (which was a first in Tahoe -- it gets hot in the summer). This was a big con.
- Weird note about not using white towels provided in the bathroom for removing makeup. I guess that makes sense - make up can stain. They provided disposible makeup cloths to use instead, but I thought the note was weird and wondered why they didn't just provide darker towels to use for make up (like Basecamp).
- Sink and mirror are really short. Not sure if we were in a unique room (I promise we're not giants! 5'8 & 6'), but for some reason the sink was really low!
- Good service
- Great location
- Cute bar area with wine tastings and live music in the hotel lobby
They have a good opportunity to reach clientele who don't want to pay the ridiculously expensive rates of Basecamp. Hoping they improve their accommodations soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are here to embody Lake Tahoe. To hand deliver to you by Tahoe locals a genuine Tahoe experience. We take pieces of the Tahoe culture, our style, the way we speak, our wood, our stone our history and we share it with you. You'll see it in the rustic industrial look of the hotel, a look that gives it hints of Tahoe's rich mining and ski history but we do it with a modern twist. We are located steps to the Heavenly Ski Village, beautiful Lake Tahoe and just a few blocks from the Stateline Nevada Casinos. You will see our dedication to sustainability in the design of the hotel along with the countless awards and certifications recognizing our efforts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Cancelon, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your 968 Park Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel 968 Park
- 968 Park Lake Tahoe