“If you like to be trapped in the bathroom... be their guests!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Beverly Lodge South Lake Tahoe

Beverly Lodge South Lake Tahoe
Ranked #68 of 72 Hotels in South Lake Tahoe
Sacramento, California
“If you like to be trapped in the bathroom... be their guests!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

Horrid experience. Beverly Lodge was VACANT!!! (explains why they were the only vacant lodge)

BEVERLY LODGE:their pool was drained...Sister and I checked in, for 1 night (74.50), the older gentleman in there was very kind... just saying. Anyhow, he saw that there were 4 of us, so he kindly "gave" us a room, with another room inside of it. I believe it was room 210. We were stoaked until we saw the room. There weren't any air conditioning and was told to "open the window, it's not that hot right now." The combined rooms reeked of pee, smoke, body odor, sweat, bad feet odor, poop and anything else that you could think of... that would stink!
The window was broken, like, literally cracked in the lower right hand side. There was bird poop on the window sill (I know... "HOW THE HELL???") I don't know. And above the poop, on the window, it looked somewhat like a blood stain.

DEAL BREAKER: my BIL went into the restroom before we were off on the road, and all I hear is "Oh crap, let me out!!!" Since I was closest to the door, I ran to see what I could do for him. Turns out, the lock for the bathroom was turned to everybody else in the room, and the inside of the bathroom, had the key portion of the knob! Of course he didnt pee. I went upfront, told the guy I was very sorry, but needed a refund "because his room was creepy" and he responded with "I dont understand what you're trying to say" so I just simply said "I need a refund, your rooms scares me" and left this place.

Room Tip: If you have to use an actual KEY to open the door, dont stay there!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank beahbay823

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Czech first
Portland, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

The room was dirty. The bathroom floor looked as if, it had never. Been cleaned. Therei was no air conditioning no screen on the bathroom window so the bugs came to play. The carpet was disgusting, there was trash under the bed, and this was just the start. There is no maid service. But we did see a drunk person who was so loud and disgusting, wearing shorts that exposed her bottom, supposedly cleahning the check-outs. The loud music, the barking dogs locked in a vechicle, the people coming and going at all hours from the helps room made it very unpleasant. Thank goodness I did not have to stay. If there was a,rating below terrible they deserve it. I waited until i got home to bathe, and write this.

Room Tip: Do not stay here. The new manager was very nice, but he has a lot of work ahead of him.
Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jazzy C

Travelers are raving about these South Lake Tahoe hotels

Fernley, NV
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

We were here for our daughters softball tournament at the end of June. This place was about $66 for 2 queens and I wish we spent more for a different place. The room was filthy and smelled of old smoke though they said we were in a non smoking room. The green carpet was so dirty it was black with a huge chunk out of it between the beds. Huge seminal fluid stain on the underside of the bedspread. No AC but instead an oscillating fan. All appliances were unplugged. Desk chair so filthy. The tub leaked and when you showered the entire bathroom floor got soaked. The room had a floor lamp that did not work. One small lamp made the room very dark and depressing. There was not even an alarm clock. The end table drawer had dead bugs like they fumigated. The pictures do not do portray a realistic image of this hotel. No pool. Drained and covered with a tarp. No maid service. Thank goodness there for just a few hours to sleep. The bathroom window was cracked and the shower curtain rod looked like they got it at a cheap garage sale. It was filthy and I waited until I got home to shower. Spend a little more and stay somewhere nicer. Its so worth it!

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
2 Thank nvmomof2
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

It is 3am and I am writing this review while still in my room. The police have been called out multiple times by different guests for the noise and fighting of the various guests. I am pretty sure some of the people actually live in this dump and use it to deal drugs. I have stayed in some bad places before but you wouldn't believe this! I personally called the front desk and received no help. Don't stay here.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank Hrahe3
Santa Cruz, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2011

Wireless is basically useless, room was very cold and dated. Bed fell apart the first time we sat on it.
Ended up leaving the hotel within 1 hr of getting there. Moved next door to a better room and ended up costing less money. On the positive note we were able to get our money back.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank donsgirl1111
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2010

I was staying at the Beverly Lodge during the week in the in-between season. Too warm still for the winter sports and too cool for most of the summer stuff. Which means that there were no lines and plenty of choices for hotels to stay at. The rate was great, very cheap and reasonable. The room was small, but in a place like Tahoe are you reallying going to want to hang out in a hotel room anyway? It was clean and well kept. Contained a TV, fridge, and microwave. Unfortunately the view left much to be desired, it appears that the hotel is situated next to a junk yard. However that means that it is very quite here all the time. I was never disturbed and had a great nights rest. Stayed with my wife and we enjoyed the first night so much we decided to stay for a second to prolong our trip. (we were just passing through from Reno to San Francisco)

The location of this hotel is ideal, just a few minutes from the state border between Nevada & California which is built up on each side with their states finest. Casinos and ski lifts right across from each other. There are tons of great places to eat and even grocery stores within a block. There are 4 hotels literally side by side on this street, but the Beverly Lodge was the one that looked the best to me and if I were to return I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
#59 of 72 in South Lake Tahoe
3.0 of 5 stars 412 reviews
Budget Inn South Lake Tahoe
Budget Inn South Lake Tahoe
#76 of 131 in Lake Tahoe (California)
3.5 of 5 stars 55 reviews
Econo Lodge Heavenly Village Area
Econo Lodge Heavenly Village Are...
#55 of 72 in South Lake Tahoe
3.0 of 5 stars 188 reviews
No photo provided
National 9 Inn - South Lake Taho...
#44 of 72 in South Lake Tahoe
Motel 6 South Lake Tahoe
Motel 6 South Lake Tahoe
#40 of 72 in South Lake Tahoe
3.5 of 5 stars 128 reviews

Been to Beverly Lodge South Lake Tahoe? Share your experiences!