“A must, if you want to get to the best spots to shoot around Lake Tahoe” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Tahoe Photographic Tours

Lake Tahoe Semi-Private Photography Tour
Ranked #1 of 25 Tours in South Lake Tahoe
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Tahoe Photographic Tours is the first and most experienced personalized Scenic Guide and Photographic Service in Lake Tahoe. Our tours concentrate on showing you the very best of Tahoe. We take you to not only must-see Tahoe locations, but off the beaten path as well. We know the best spots, and when to be there. Whether you are a skilled photographer seeking out the most Photographic locations, an aspiring photographer, or just starting out; Tahoe Photographic Tours will help optimize your vacation time. Showcasing some of the best locations, you will see beautiful waterfalls, pristine forests, back country lakes, wildlife, high mountain vistas, and of course Lake Tahoe. Stunning photo opportunities abound. Since our tours are semi-private, we believe in letting you experience Tahoe at your pace. We allow plenty of time at each stop for you to relax and immerse yourself in the beautiful landscape around you and capture memorable images if you desire. From your first contact with us, you can expect excellence in service, photographs you will cherish for a lifetime and down-to-earth Tahoe hospitality.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“A must, if you want to get to the best spots to shoot around Lake Tahoe”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2014

Keith, his wife and their team are great hosts to an exciting photo tour around Lake Tahoe. They are all very passionate about what they do and what they show you. Keith has a wealth of experience and is eager to share, allowing you to improve your own photography.

My wife and I had the great opportunity to participate in a extended half day tour with a small group. We were taken to just the right spots at just the right time of day to bring back some memorable shots from our stay at Lake Tahoe. You also get enough time to set things up and your composition and settings right. Something I have often missed on similar tours.

Additionally Keith and his team will take professional pictures of you, adding that shot to your memories that you can share with the folks at home. Definitively a wonderful experience you should not miss out on.

Visited July 2014
2 Thank Roman B

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“What more to say... Besides, you are the man, Mike! And, this is the best way to see Tahoe!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2014

Really, believe the hype! The Tahoe Photographic Tours for us was a phenomenal, tremendous experience. We opted for the 3/4th day tour, and we were very happy with our choice. We had the chance to see so many diverse aspects of Lake Tahoe. From the beach by the water to the top of pretty much mountains, we could not have chosen a better way to enjoy the scenery.

The true benefit is to have an expert guide, like Mike, swiftly buzz you around the lake to the best vantage points. With Mike's over 30 years in Tahoe, I felt very comfortable giving him complete liberty in choosing the spots. I knew that he would be a fantastic guide, and a fantastic guide he was. Not only did he grant us access to some of the "locals only" spots, he constantly morphed the tour for us to have the best experience, even if the tour become a custom one. Additionally, he was a good conversationalist, was very patient with allowing us to spend as much or little time as we wanted at spots, has vast knowledge of the surrounding area, and provided a top-tier service. Not to mention, he let us stop for ice cream! Yay!

Really, worth every minute and dollar, without doubt. Spend as much time as they recommend to have the full experience. You will not be disappointed. Still, one item to note, this is not a photography workshop. It is a guided tour where the guide takes photographs of you and the surrounding area. Camera tips will be provided, but recognize that the service is more focused on the tour aspect. Perfect for us! Thank you again, Mike!

1 Thank Thganey
Saratoga, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Outstanding!! Don't miss this one when you visit Lake Tahoe!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2014

I had heard great things about this tour, but had no idea what awaited me when Victor showed up at my cabin. He was so careful of me (I'm 73) and considerate; I'm just enamoured of him. While there are no bathrooms on an auto tour, Victor made sure to include both a potty stop and a general store visit on my trip. Victor is a backpacker and hiker, and he knew many of the great spots (and some I'm sure no one else knows) to see the scenic beauty that is the Lake and the Lake Tahoe Basin. We went way into the interior surrounding the Lake and as a result, I have the most magnificent pictures that Victor took, along with the ones I took with my two cameras. Each place he showed me was more spectacular than the last. Thank you, Robin and Keith, for employing this wonderful guide and for accommodating me to get the best possible experience. I was in Lake Tahoe for the week and this tour was BY FAR the highlight of my trip. I give it 10 out of 5 stars!!

2 Thank SaratogaLCL
Lake tahoe
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Incredible Experience-thanks to Victor!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2014

As avid travelers, we have never had such an outstanding experience as we had today! Our great, young tour guide/ photographer Victor made Tahoe absolutely unforgettable. Not only did we see gorgeous scenery, waterfalls, lakes, and mountains that we could never have found on our own; we also have beautiful photographs to commemorate our trip. Victor's knowledge of the area was endless, providing us with insightful information from a local's perspective. This is definitely a "must" activity! You will not be disappointed by this fantastic experience. Well worth the money!

Visited June 2014
Keith P, Owner at Tahoe Photographic Tours, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Hello Tahoe Photographic Tours guest. Thank you so very much for expediently submitting your review. I'm very happy to hear that you were so enthralled with your guide Victor. He is the newest member of our team and is really doing well. It is also wonderful to hear that you had a great experience overall and we very much look forward to seeing you in October.
Boise, Idaho, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Tour...worth every penny”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2014

We had a great time last week on this tour at Lake Tahoe. We had 6 people ranging in age 80 to 11. Everyone was entertained and we saw some beautiful areas. Mike was an excellent tour guide and the photos we received were amazing.

1 Thank Ann843
Hello Tahoe Photographic Tours guest. Thank you very much for taking the time to submit for review. It is great to hear that you haven't such a good time and that it was well worth the money. Your input is invaluable to the success of our business. Thank you again and we look forward to showing you more of Tahoe on your next visit.