Open today: 8:00 AM - 9:00 PM
More Information

Ways to Experience Tahoe Photographic Tours
from $179.00
More Info
All reviews our tour guide camera settings photos taken amazing tour mother nature robin keith expert techniques
Selected filters
Reviewed June 9, 2013

I chose our photography tour based on reviews on Trip Advisor and could not agree more with all of the excellent reviews. Our guide was Doug who treated us to a great full day tour exploring the incredible beauty that makes up the Lake Tahoe area. I was a newbie to Lake Tahoe, my traveling companion was not but I wanted him to be enjoy the day without worrying about driving. Doug was so informative on each place we stopped as well as giving a history of so much of the different sites. Our pictures turned out very well and show off so many of the different aspects.

I had no idea my traveling companion had something special planned for the day and Tahoe Photographic Tours made it happen. In front of a beautiful waterfall with pictures snapping away I agreed to marry my best friend. Doug did not intrude on this moment he simply caught it all and took many more afterwards when we were simply talking to each other. What a special memory we have!

If you ever get the chance to visit Lake Tahoe do not miss the opportunity to have this company take you on a personalized tour of the area.

2  Thank Charline D
Keith P, Owner at Tahoe Photographic Tours, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Hello Tahoe Photographic Tours guest. Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review. I'm so happy that we were able to be involved in that "special moment" and that your experience was great. Thank you again for providing such positive input and allowing Tahoe Photographic Tours to share in the creation of a magical memory that you will always cherish.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

Since most people only read the first paragraph on TripAdvisor let me say right up front that I went on one of the Tahoe Photographic Tours private Lake Tahoe tours with owner Keith Price and without a doubt I'd rate it a full 5 stars. I'd give them 10 if I could, it was just that good. If you're going to Lake Tahoe and you want to see the best, most beautiful sites, this outfit is the one to choose. Period. I've been on many photo tours, seminars, field training sessions, etc., elsewhere and none of them come close. Not only did Keith and his team ensure that I was completely satisfied with their service but, when we we're done, I truly felt that I had made new friends in Lake Tahoe. Keith is just one of those genuinely nice people you meet from time to time that within 5 minutes of beginning our tour we we're chatting and laughing like we'd been friends for years. That set the tone for the entire day.

My guide for the day, Keith Price, is one of the most gifted professional photographers I've ever seen. He showed me wildlife and landscape pictures that he's taken over his career and I was just blown away. I rarely use the term "gifted" when I refer to someone's work because, well, I rarely see anyone who is truly gifted, but in this case it fits. Keith's work is simply stunning so to have him as my private guide was the highlight of my photographic experiences to date. Check out his zenfolio site I found when I "Goggled" him (http://keithpricephotography.zenfolio.com/) and you'll see what I mean. Spectacular!!!

Let me step back a bit... They have several tour types, the standard tour takes you to many of the most scenic spots on Earth. They start at 9am and go for a 1/2 day or a full day. You can take pictures of Tahoe, they'll take pictures of you, you'll see spectacular vista and you'll have the time of your life captured in photos. For me, since I'm an experienced intermediate photographer, I wanted to do a very specific sunrise and sunsets, and all points in between, photography tour so I asked for a private tour which they do upon request. The price was very reasonable and is based on what you want to do and how long it takes to do it. I'm not going to say what I paid because that's between them and me but I will say this - I would have paid much, much, more and still been thoroughly satisfied. Keep in mind that I asked for 8 hours time with a world class photographer to not only drive me in his very comfortable SUV, but to also take me to all the most scenic sites in Lake Tahoe (tall order) and also to mentor and coach me to help me be a better photographer (another tall order). He did that expertly and brought out much more than I thought I had in me. This was, to me, the most important part of the day. Keith didn't just say "ok, setup over here, set your camera to ISO 100 - f/16 - 1/250th, point at that vista, then click the shutter, ok let's move on". It was completely the opposite of that. I never once felt like I was being rushed, or just another guy on a tour, but rather that I was being guided by a friend who genuinely cared that I was getting the images I was after and that I was having an experience to remember.

When we arrived at each spot he told me about the area, showed me the points of interest to try and capture, and then turned me loose to photograph whatever moved me. I'd setup and take some shots that I thought were good and I'd ask him for his opinion and guidance. Keith would look at my shots and if they were good he'd say "wow, great shot", but here's where he really helped me, when they clearly weren't that good he very gently suggested things I might do to improve them without ever once making me feel intimidated or inadequate. Within less than an hour I was shooting photographs that amazed me... I remember thinking to myself "did I take that... no, way" (same thing my wife said when I showed her :) ). That's the key ingredient that made this tour the single most influential photographic learning experience I've had to date. I learned more in one day under Keith's guidance than I learned in two years of books, online classes, seminars, internet Forum's, and taking pictures on my own. I am now at a new level and my photography shows it.

Just to make one last point, I have never met Keith Price before the day of my private tour. I chose his service based on the absolutely remarkable reviews others have posted here on TripAdvisor. I highly recommend Tahoe Photographic Tours to anyone who wants to see the real Lake Tahoe and surrounding areas. Whether you want to take the pictures, or just see the sites and be in the pictures, you will have the time of your life. I will definitely go out on tour with them next time I return to Lake Tahoe.

Even if I didn't take a single picture on my tour (I took 700+) I would have been completely satisfied just seeing some of the most beautiful places I've ever been to. I've been traveling in and around Lake Tahoe once or twice a year for more than 40 years and I had only been to two of the spots that Keith took me to before that day, one was Emerald Bay at Eagle Falls and the other was the parking lot of the hotel I was staying at. My guide Keith has lived in Tahoe for most of his adult life and he knows what virtually every inch of the area has to offer. If you take a tour with any of their guides I'm sure you'll see many unbelievable locations, rarely, if at all, seen by the casual Lake Tahoe visitor. If you take a tour I have no doubt that you'll have a wonderful time and will have many wonderful memories you won't soon forget.

4  Thank baj2k

Hello Tahoe Photographic Tours guest. Thank you very much for taking the time to write in such an detailed review. Your input is invaluable to the success of our business. Providing such great detail gives us more insight into our operation. It was a pleasure having the opportunity to share some great morning light with you in beautiful Lake Tahoe. Thank you again for such a great review and we look forward to your next visit in the fall.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

I was looking for a way to find the cool places in South Lake Tahoe. The Photographic Tour seemed like the way to do that. Our tour guide was Greg. He was wonderful. Very calm and knowledgeable about the area. He showed us scenic places - and the places everyone does not find. We got our pictures taken in great locations. Usually we have to take a photo of 2 of the 3 of us. This time we got all 3 in many locations. We'll be getting a disc of the photos. What a great idea. We were comfortable, well taken care of, got what we wanted and more. You won't regret spending your time with Greg or others at Tahoe Photographic Tours.

1  Thank SueMC_56
Keith P, Owner at Tahoe Photographic Tours, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2013

Hello Tahoe Photographic Tours guest. Thank you very much for taking the time to submit your review. Greg is truly an outstanding guide and a great person.

Exceeding guest expectations is our goal, and it sounds like we accomplished that on your tour. Thank you again for allowing us to share a bit of Lake Tahoe, and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

This review is a bit late. We went on the photographic tour in April 2012. We did the tour with Mike (I think). He was excellent. He took us to some hidden gems that you would only get to see if you were on this tour. We did the half-day tour and he picked us at 9am and dropped us off at 3:30pm, so we definitely got our moneys worth and much more. He was very professional, as was the company. We got our photo's in the mail (they sent ours to London where my aunt lives) timeously. Mike was also very knowledgeable about the area having worked in forestry there for many years which just added some much to the experience. We were a group of 5 ranging in ages from 27 to 62 and all enjoyed it tremendously. If I ever go back to Lake Tahoe this is on the top of my list of things to do.

Date of experience: June 2012
1  Thank Craig H

Hello Tahoe Photographic Tours guest. Thank you very much for taking the time to submit your review . We truly appreciate you taking the time to go back and post your thoughts and feelings. Mike is a great guy and exceptional guide. As a small business owner I am lucky to have a wonderful team working with me.
Although the half day tour normally runs about 4 to 5 hours, very often were out there longer and are happy to provide this service for our guests. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Lake Tahoe.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

My wife and I, along with my daughter and fiancee thoroughly enjoyed a half day tour around Lake Tahoe taking in some of the most breathtaking views and hidden gems that I have ever seen. I had been to some places before but we were taken to waterfalls and a lake that was a picture perfect mirror of snow capped mountains. We could have stayed there for the entire time. Greg, our guide, was knowledgeable, friendly, and an outstanding photographer. The resultant pictures were awesome. Setting up and scheduling the tour was also a pleasure, particularly dealing with Robin and Keith. We would highly recommed the tour to anyone visiting Lake Tahoe.

As and aside I am submitting this as a new review. I tried submitting a previous review and had hit the wrong rating. Nothing I tried to do would allow me to change my mistake so there may be a misleading review, that needs to be corrected, under my other email address - cefaugh@aol.com. Please make sure it is deleted.

Chuck and Sue Faughnan

2  Thank chuck f
kprice112, Owner at Tahoe Photographic Tours, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

Hello Tahoe Photographic Tours guest, thank you for taking the time to submit your review. Sharing the day with you and your family was truly a memorable experience. We were fortunate to capture many beautiful images of your family and the scenery, and look forward to your next visit with us.