“Best Experience” 5 of 5 bubbles

Lake Tahoe Semi-Private Photography Tour
Ranked #1 of 25 Tours in South Lake Tahoe
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Tahoe Photographic Tours is the first and most experienced personalized Scenic Guide and Photographic Service in Lake Tahoe. Our tours concentrate on showing you the very best of Tahoe. We take you to not only must-see Tahoe locations, but off the beaten path as well. We know the best spots, and when to be there. Whether you are a skilled photographer seeking out the most Photographic locations, an aspiring photographer, or just starting out; Tahoe Photographic Tours will help optimize your vacation time. Showcasing some of the best locations, you will see beautiful waterfalls, pristine forests, back country lakes, wildlife, high mountain vistas, and of course Lake Tahoe. Stunning photo opportunities abound. Since our tours are semi-private, we believe in letting you experience Tahoe at your pace. We allow plenty of time at each stop for you to relax and immerse yourself in the beautiful landscape around you and capture memorable images if you desire. From your first contact with us, you can expect excellence in service, photographs you will cherish for a lifetime and down-to-earth Tahoe hospitality.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
York, South Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

Choosing to go on the private (instructional) Tahoe Photographic Tour with Keith Price was the highlight of my trip to Lake Tahoe. I am simply a begining photographer and Keith taught me not only how to use my camera but he also put all the photograpy terms in a way that I could easily and quickly understand. Just from a half day with Keith I got a great start to my future with photography and he was able to keep me interested from begining to end! He also took us to places that nobody could find on their own unless they lived there. Having Keith as my tour guide was worth every penny and minute! Being able to share this day with my sister and parents made the day even more special as Keith took a lot of photos of us together that we would not have had otherwise. Weather you're a budding photographer, expert photographer or just a sightseeing enthusiast you will love this experience.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Breanna S
Keith P, Owner at Tahoe Photographic Tours, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Hello Tahoe Photographic Tours guest. Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a detailed review on your Workshop/Tour.. It was truly a pleasure getting to know you and your family and introducing you to the world of photography. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your experience and the pictures that were taken on your tour. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you in the fall.

Indianapolis, In
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Wonderful Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

I chose our photography tour based on reviews on Trip Advisor and could not agree more with all of the excellent reviews. Our guide was Doug who treated us to a great full day tour exploring the incredible beauty that makes up the Lake Tahoe area. I was a newbie to Lake Tahoe, my traveling companion was not but I wanted him to be enjoy the day without worrying about driving. Doug was so informative on each place we stopped as well as giving a history of so much of the different sites. Our pictures turned out very well and show off so many of the different aspects.

I had no idea my traveling companion had something special planned for the day and Tahoe Photographic Tours made it happen. In front of a beautiful waterfall with pictures snapping away I agreed to marry my best friend. Doug did not intrude on this moment he simply caught it all and took many more afterwards when we were simply talking to each other. What a special memory we have!

If you ever get the chance to visit Lake Tahoe do not miss the opportunity to have this company take you on a personalized tour of the area.

2 Thank hrslvr142
Keith P, Owner at Tahoe Photographic Tours, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Hello Tahoe Photographic Tours guest. Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review. I'm so happy that we were able to be involved in that "special moment" and that your experience was great. Thank you again for providing such positive input and allowing Tahoe Photographic Tours to share in the creation of a magical memory that you will always cherish.
Bay Area, NorCal
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Lake Tahoe at it's finest - a truly remarkable experience!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

Since most people only read the first paragraph on TripAdvisor let me say right up front that I went on one of the Tahoe Photographic Tours private Lake Tahoe tours with owner Keith Price and without a doubt I'd rate it a full 5 stars. I'd give them 10 if I could, it was just that good. If you're going to Lake Tahoe and you want to see the best, most beautiful sites, this outfit is the one to choose. Period. I've been on many photo tours, seminars, field training sessions, etc., elsewhere and none of them come close. Not only did Keith and his team ensure that I was completely satisfied with their service but, when we we're done, I truly felt that I had made new friends in Lake Tahoe. Keith is just one of those genuinely nice people you meet from time to time that within 5 minutes of beginning our tour we we're chatting and laughing like we'd been friends for years. That set the tone for the entire day.

My guide for the day, Keith Price, is one of the most gifted professional photographers I've ever seen. He showed me wildlife and landscape pictures that he's taken over his career and I was just blown away. I rarely use the term "gifted" when I refer to someone's work because, well, I rarely see anyone who is truly gifted, but in this case it fits. Keith's work is simply stunning so to have him as my private guide was the highlight of my photographic experiences to date. Check out his zenfolio site I found when I "Goggled" him (http://keithpricephotography.zenfolio.com/) and you'll see what I mean. Spectacular!!!

Let me step back a bit... They have several tour types, the standard tour takes you to many of the most scenic spots on Earth. They start at 9am and go for a 1/2 day or a full day. You can take pictures of Tahoe, they'll take pictures of you, you'll see spectacular vista and you'll have the time of your life captured in photos. For me, since I'm an experienced intermediate photographer, I wanted to do a very specific sunrise and sunsets, and all points in between, photography tour so I asked for a private tour which they do upon request. The price was very reasonable and is based on what you want to do and how long it takes to do it. I'm not going to say what I paid because that's between them and me but I will say this - I would have paid much, much, more and still been thoroughly satisfied. Keep in mind that I asked for 8 hours time with a world class photographer to not only drive me in his very comfortable SUV, but to also take me to all the most scenic sites in Lake Tahoe (tall order) and also to mentor and coach me to help me be a better photographer (another tall order). He did that expertly and brought out much more than I thought I had in me. This was, to me, the most important part of the day. Keith didn't just say "ok, setup over here, set your camera to ISO 100 - f/16 - 1/250th, point at that vista, then click the shutter, ok let's move on". It was completely the opposite of that. I never once felt like I was being rushed, or just another guy on a tour, but rather that I was being guided by a friend who genuinely cared that I was getting the images I was after and that I was having an experience to remember.

When we arrived at each spot he told me about the area, showed me the points of interest to try and capture, and then turned me loose to photograph whatever moved me. I'd setup and take some shots that I thought were good and I'd ask him for his opinion and guidance. Keith would look at my shots and if they were good he'd say "wow, great shot", but here's where he really helped me, when they clearly weren't that good he very gently suggested things I might do to improve them without ever once making me feel intimidated or inadequate. Within less than an hour I was shooting photographs that amazed me... I remember thinking to myself "did I take that... no, way" (same thing my wife said when I showed her :) ). That's the key ingredient that made this tour the single most influential photographic learning experience I've had to date. I learned more in one day under Keith's guidance than I learned in two years of books, online classes, seminars, internet Forum's, and taking pictures on my own. I am now at a new level and my photography shows it.

Just to make one last point, I have never met Keith Price before the day of my private tour. I chose his service based on the absolutely remarkable reviews others have posted here on TripAdvisor. I highly recommend Tahoe Photographic Tours to anyone who wants to see the real Lake Tahoe and surrounding areas. Whether you want to take the pictures, or just see the sites and be in the pictures, you will have the time of your life. I will definitely go out on tour with them next time I return to Lake Tahoe.

Even if I didn't take a single picture on my tour (I took 700+) I would have been completely satisfied just seeing some of the most beautiful places I've ever been to. I've been traveling in and around Lake Tahoe once or twice a year for more than 40 years and I had only been to two of the spots that Keith took me to before that day, one was Emerald Bay at Eagle Falls and the other was the parking lot of the hotel I was staying at. My guide Keith has lived in Tahoe for most of his adult life and he knows what virtually every inch of the area has to offer. If you take a tour with any of their guides I'm sure you'll see many unbelievable locations, rarely, if at all, seen by the casual Lake Tahoe visitor. If you take a tour I have no doubt that you'll have a wonderful time and will have many wonderful memories you won't soon forget.

4 Thank baj2k
Hello Tahoe Photographic Tours guest. Thank you very much for taking the time to write in such an detailed review. Your input is invaluable to the success of our business. Providing such great detail gives us more insight into our operation. It was a pleasure having the opportunity to share some great morning light with you in beautiful Lake Tahoe. Thank you again for such a great review and we look forward to your next visit in the fall.
Charlotte, North Carolina
70 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 122 helpful votes
“I'd like to give a review beyond excellent - a wonderful time!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

I was looking for a way to find the cool places in South Lake Tahoe. The Photographic Tour seemed like the way to do that. Our tour guide was Greg. He was wonderful. Very calm and knowledgeable about the area. He showed us scenic places - and the places everyone does not find. We got our pictures taken in great locations. Usually we have to take a photo of 2 of the 3 of us. This time we got all 3 in many locations. We'll be getting a disc of the photos. What a great idea. We were comfortable, well taken care of, got what we wanted and more. You won't regret spending your time with Greg or others at Tahoe Photographic Tours.

1 Thank SueMC_56
Keith P, Owner at Tahoe Photographic Tours, responded to this review, June 2, 2013
Hello Tahoe Photographic Tours guest. Thank you very much for taking the time to submit your review. Greg is truly an outstanding guide and a great person.

Exceeding guest expectations is our goal, and it sounds like we accomplished that on your tour. Thank you again for allowing us to share a bit of Lake Tahoe, and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit.
Nassau, New Providence Island
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Unforgettable experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

This review is a bit late. We went on the photographic tour in April 2012. We did the tour with Mike (I think). He was excellent. He took us to some hidden gems that you would only get to see if you were on this tour. We did the half-day tour and he picked us at 9am and dropped us off at 3:30pm, so we definitely got our moneys worth and much more. He was very professional, as was the company. We got our photo's in the mail (they sent ours to London where my aunt lives) timeously. Mike was also very knowledgeable about the area having worked in forestry there for many years which just added some much to the experience. We were a group of 5 ranging in ages from 27 to 62 and all enjoyed it tremendously. If I ever go back to Lake Tahoe this is on the top of my list of things to do.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank craig_hadfield
Hello Tahoe Photographic Tours guest. Thank you very much for taking the time to submit your review . We truly appreciate you taking the time to go back and post your thoughts and feelings. Mike is a great guy and exceptional guide. As a small business owner I am lucky to have a wonderful team working with me.
Although the half day tour normally runs about 4 to 5 hours, very often were out there longer and are happy to provide this service for our guests. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Lake Tahoe.