“Wonderful memories of Tahoe”

Tahoe Photographic Tours
Lake Tahoe Semi-Private Photography Tour
Ranked #2 of 28 Tours in South Lake Tahoe
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Tahoe Photographic Tours is the first and most experienced personalized Scenic Guide and Photographic Service in Lake Tahoe. Our tours concentrate on showing you the very best of Tahoe. We take you to not only must-see Tahoe locations, but off the beaten path as well. We know the best spots, and when to be there. Whether you are a skilled photographer seeking out the most Photographic locations, an aspiring photographer, or just starting out; Tahoe Photographic Tours will help optimize your vacation time. Showcasing some of the best locations, you will see beautiful waterfalls, pristine forests, back country lakes, wildlife, high mountain vistas, and of course Lake Tahoe. Stunning photo opportunities abound. Since our tours are semi-private, we believe in letting you experience Tahoe at your pace. We allow plenty of time at each stop for you to relax and immerse yourself in the beautiful landscape around you and capture memorable images if you desire. From your first contact with us, you can expect excellence in service, photographs you will cherish for a lifetime and down-to-earth Tahoe hospitality.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Brandon, Mississippi
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Wonderful memories of Tahoe”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

We decided on this tour at the last minute on the recommendation of a friend. I'm so glad we did the tour - it was the highlight of our trip to Tahoe! We took the tour in March and were treated to beautiful snow covered fields, waterfalls and all of the back country beauty we would have not seen otherwise. Our guide, Greg, was awesome. He gave us much history about the Tahoe area and was very knowledgable. He picked up as scheduled and was a great host. We were disappointed to have to say goodbye to Greg at the end of the day. We returned to our home on Sunday and were quite surprised that on Tuesday our CD with all of our pictures was in our mailbox. What great memories! If you are planning a trip to South Lake Tahoe this tour is a MUST!! It's the experience of a lifetime and something you won't soon forget!

Visited March 2013
Keith P, Owner at Tahoe Photographic Tours, responded to this review, March 16, 2013
Hello Tahoe Photographic Tours guest. Greg and I would like to thank you for taking the time to write in your review. We always love to hear that our tour is the highlight of many of our guests experiences in Lake Tahoe. We very much appreciate the input on your guide Greg and that his knowledge and expertise were a major contributing factor to your wonderful experience.

Many guests don't realize that winter is a wonderful time to visit Lake Tahoe and go on tour, however each month of the year offers something unique. Once again thank you so much for you joining us and we look forward to seeing you during another season.

Miami, Florida
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Tour”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

I really enjoyed my tour. Greg picked me up on-time at my hotel. He was very knowledgeable about the area and photography which made the day very interesting. He took us to some beautiful spots that you would not be able to find unless you were very familiar with the area. Snowshoeing through the newly fallen snow was easy and fun. Make sure to wear snowboots or ask to borrow a pair when you book the tour. Greg took some beautiful pictures of the scenery and us. Even if you are not a photography enthusiast, I think you would enjoy your tour since the stops are so beautiful.

Visited March 2013
Keith P, Owner at Tahoe Photographic Tours, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Hello Tahoe Photographic Tours guest. Thank you so much for taking the time to write in this review. The input that you provide is vital to the success of our business.
I'm glad that your guide Greg was very knowledgeable and provided you with some unique locations and beautiful scenery. I see you had the opportunity to experience snowshoeing which is always fun.

Thank you again for allowing Greg and Tahoe Photographic Tours to provide you with a unique Lake Tahoe experience. We look forward to you joining us on a future adventure at a different time of year.
Cape Girardeau, Missouri
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“See the Real Tahoe with a Real Photographer”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

This was a great experience and an opportunity to see the Real Tahoe. I flew into Tahoe for a ski trip, but being an amateur photographer, I wanted an opportunity to photograph this beautiful area. I set up my trip with Keith Price, owner of Tahoe Photographic Tours. We started the day early and Keith picked me up in an SUV at my hotel for the photographic tour. This worked great for me because I had no transportation. As we drove to our first location, Keith provided great information about the Lake Tahoe area and its history. I found Keith to be a very knowledgeable photographer and a very nice guy. We has a great day and Keith took me to private locations that I would not have had access to even if I had transportation. We photographed scenic vistas of Emerald Bay, waterfalls, Lake Tahoe, and just enjoyed the amazing beauty of the area. At the conclusion of the day, I felt I had spent the day with a good friend. I will definitely contact Keith next time I am in Tahoe. I highly recommend this great tour that is available at such a bargain price. See the Real Tahoe with Tahoe Photographic Tours. You won't be disappointed.

Thanks again,
Alan White
Cape Girardeau, MO

1 Thank Alan W
Keith P, Owner at Tahoe Photographic Tours, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Hello Tahoe Photographic Tours guest. Thank you so much for submitting the detailed review regarding your winter adventure with us. It was truly a pleasure to watch the sunrise over Emerald Bay and capture such special memories with you. Our team makes a sincere effort to provide a unique experience which results in many of our guests becoming our friends by the end of the tour.
Thank you again for sharing your experiences and we look forward to your next adventure with Tahoe Photographic Tours.
Hawaii
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Beautiful!”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

This tour was one of the highlights of my trip to Tahoe. I took the tour in February and got to see gorgeous views of melting waterfalls, icicles, and pristine fields of snow. The tour takes you to places that only locals would know about, but you also get to visit the scenic spots featured on Tahoe postcards. We visited a small clearing that was peaceful, tranquil, and deserted. For the first time in my life, I experienced complete silence - no chirping birds, no rustling leaves, traffic, or voices . . . it was eerily beautiful to be enveloped in such absolute stillness.

Our guide Greg had a great sense of humor and was VERY knowledgeable! We learned the names of mountains, the history of Emerald Bay, about real estate in the Lake Tahoe area and so much more. He even taught me how to snow shoe for the first time and I don't think I would have every tried snow shoeing if I hadn't gone on this tour.

And finally, I learned some great tips on how to use my camera!

Visited February 2013
Keith P, Owner at Tahoe Photographic Tours, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Hello Tahoe Photographic Tours guest, Thank you so much for taking the time to write in such a detailed great review . Sounds like your guide Greg had the opportunity to show you the Real Lake Tahoe.
Wintertime is such a wonderful time to visit and to go on our tours. I'm glad you had the chance to experience true winter solitude with Tahoe Photographic Tours .

Both Greg and I thank you for the opportunity to serve you, and your snowshoes are ready for your next winter visit!
Columbus, IN
“Definite highlight of our trip!”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

We highly recommend taking the day-long photographic tour! Greg was our guide and, since we booked during the week, we two were the only ones in the group. He personalized our tour for us and our photographic abilities. The candid and posed shots he took of us were excellent and he was, after having spent 30+ years in the local forestry service, so knowledgeable about the area. We received our DVD within a week and, watching it, felt like we were back in South Lake Tahoe! Thanks to Keith, Robyn and Greg! From Jackie and Vanessa

Visited February 2013
Keith P, Owner at Tahoe Photographic Tours, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Hello Vanessa P, thank you very much for taking the time to write in a review about Tahoe Photographic Tours. Mike was actually your guide and It is great to hear that he offered such personalized service, and was able to give you some tips about how to use your camera. Our Around The Lake tour provides numerous photo opportunities, and I'm sure that gave Mike ample time to share his vast forestry knowledge. I'm glad to hear you got your photos in a timely manner and were happy with the products and services you received. Thank you again for your wonderful comments, and we look forward to you visiting at another time of year.

Keith P