“Beautiful and stylish place”
Review of Mozambeat Motel

Mozambeat Motel
Ranked #1 of 14 Specialty Lodging in Tofo
Vienna, Austria
“Beautiful and stylish place”
Reviewed January 13, 2014

I have been travelling a lot within Mozambique, since I used to work in Maputo for a few years. Unfortunately in many places one has to decide between luxury accommodation/lodges which are very expensive or really basic backpackers that are often run down and unpleasant.

Luckily, Tofo has Mozambeat, which is a wonderful place which reflects the love for detail of its owner.
The cabins (where I stayed) are nice and clean and even have open air showers, the staff is very friendly and helpful and the food is great. And all this comes at very fair prices.
At night, Mozambeat turns into a lively bar with very nice (live) music. A nice way to meet new people; both foreigners and also the Tofo crowd which likes to hang out there.

All in all, Mozambeat is the place to be in Tofo. Great atmosphere, lovely people and delicious food and drinks.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Sophie Z

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Polish first
Hanoi, Vietnam
Reviewed January 11, 2014

I stayed here for ten days in September and I can't recommend it highly enough. Everything about the place is so great: the views, the grounds, the pool area, the bar, the restaurant, the food, the comfortable and affordable accommodation, the wonderful design throughout and, above all, the people that run it. There is serious fun to be had here.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank DiMobilio
Reviewed January 3, 2014

My friends and I spent a week at Mozambeat (Xmas to new year's day). Everything from the people to the funky design of the rooms made our stay extremely enjoyable. We will definitely be going back there. A big shout out to Raymond, sisi, khatija, narciso, carlos and the rest of the team at Mozambeat. You guys made our stay a memorable one!!!

• Stayed December 2013
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 14, 2013

My friend and I stayed here for our entire trip and loved it! The room was wonderful with a great outdoor shower. The bar area was always lively with great music and an extensive food menu (Barracuda and sushi Tuesday recommended!) and was always filled with a good crowd of people. The staff was very helpful and were always willing to give us a ride into town or the dive shop. All in all, great place and great time!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Toronto
Reviewed December 11, 2013

I stayed just down the road at Turtle Cove and ended up spending lots of my time here. Turtle Cove is great but the vibe, music, and overall energy at mozambeat is awesome! The staff is super cool and I highly recommend this place!!The staff even offered me a ride back up the hill from the beach and I was not even staying there.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Las Vegas
Reviewed November 30, 2013

Amazing place. Everything is just perfect there: rooms, food, music, vibe, staff, owners, artwork. Their rooms are worth every penny you spend. Even if you are on a budget, book at least one night at MozamBeat. If you can't even afford one night, go have a drink at their bar. That place is timeless in the best kind of way.

I came first. I checked-in, went back to the front desk and asked the guy to give the room key to my friend when she arrives. My friend found me later in Tofo Tofo (the best place to eat in Tofo btw). She said as as soon as she walked in, the guy at the front desk greeted her: "Ah, you are the other one! Welcome!" :)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Aalst, Belgium
Reviewed November 18, 2013

As a single traveller I chose the dorm room and I had the whole dorm pretty much to myself... gotta love travelling off season :)
Well, I stayed a week and the place worked it's magic on me: it's not on the beach but it's so worth it to have a relaxing and clean swimming pool where you can cool off after a nice long beach walk and just chill without people constantly trying to sell you something, have a brownie milkshake with or without a delicious waffle (a touch of decadence is allowed when on holiday,no? :)) oh how I wish I could be there right now...
Funky vibes in the evening (DJ Ness), socializing with other travellers while having a cool beer or gin and tonic at the bar or enjoying a Wednesday movienight upstairs,... all is well when in Mozambeat! I also really loved all the ecological, second lived items in the bar!
Ray is a great host and I wish him all the best with his lovely spot! Many thanks to all who work there and made my stay unforgetabel!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tofo
Casa do Capitao
Hotel Tofo Mar
Hotel Tofo Mar
#5 of 11 in Tofo
Baia Sonambula Guest House

Been to Mozambeat Motel? Share your experiences!