“Whale Shark diving”

Tofo Scuba
Ranked #2 of 9 things to do in Tofo
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: TOFO SCUBA is a 5 star PADI resort centre, free wifi, located on Tofo beach 30m from the sea & 5mins walk from Tofo market. We offer everything from one-day Discover Scuba Diving thru to 3-month Divemaster courses. We offer unlimited NITROX for a fixed price & have deals on the NITROX specialty course! We also offer Ocean Safari's; 2-hour snorkelling trips with a chance to watch and swim with whale sharks, mantas, dolphins and turtles ALL YEAR. Humpback whales are also in Tofo June-Nov. We arrange dive packages, transfers & accommodation - please email for more info. TOFO SCUBA boasts 3 zodiak boats, new & well-maintained equipment & Tofo's ONLY HEATED POOL! Lockers are on site. SAFETY is PRIORITY, delivered by the friendliest knowledgeable staff. 23DegSouth is our beautiful restaurant on the beach hosting breakfast & lunch. We have an extensive & exquisite menu inspired from Italy to the far east. Expect fresh & sustainable dishes, humble service & serene atmosphere.
Reviewed February 22, 2012

I enjoyed seeing the whale sharks, was a bit dissapointed that I did not see the manta rays.

Reviewed January 13, 2012

Just want to say a great thanks to Tofo Scuba in Tofo.... a really professional outfit that caters for all grades of divers. It is set on the beach at a creamy location and seems to be the only beachfront dive shop in the area enabling you to combine fantastic diving with sun tan topping , eating great food, drinking beer and meeting a great range of people.

I did a total of 20 dives and was well looked after, the team do not give you BS about their sites and are prepared to got that extra mile to ensure that you get what you came for.... in my case the bigger stuff, whalesharks (on snorkel) manta on my second to last dive, leopard shark, whitetip, GT, Barracuda, Giant Moray and a huge range of other stuff. The diving here is what I call Apex Diving (not really for beginners..) Nitrox qualified a definite advantage, having good sea-legs because it can get rough. The Ribs are well maintained, gear is good scubapro, and the staff are very knowledgeable about the reefs, it is said that Tofo Scuba has reefs that the dive that others do not know about. When in Tofo this is the only choice..... great diving, great site, great staff..... what can I say except GREAT!

3  Thank malcolmedwards
Reviewed January 9, 2012

Was the best place to enjoy a breakfast. Was battling to find a place in Tofo that had stock and could make us a decent breakfast, great view of the beach and also very cold beers.

1  Thank ActivityBookings
Reviewed January 8, 2012

We had breakfast twice and this was real value for money with great fresh products. Kids also enjoyed it as it was on the beach with loads of space. Property very clean, service good.

Reviewed December 15, 2011

I completed 3 PADI certifications at Tofo Scuba in Mozambique (Open Water, Advanced and Nitrox) and was really impressed by the skills of the instructors and the vibe at the Centre. I was only supposed to stay here for 1 week, but ended up staying a month because of the awesome diving and fun I was having above sea level.

The staff were very knowledgable, highly skilled and all round tops people that helped you get the most out of your diving. They were committed to reef and marine conservation and importantly, how to respectfully admire the marine life... which included regular sightings of whale sharks, mantas (including giant mantas), turtles, sharks, a heap of fish variations, eels, nudibranch, crabs, shrimp, lobster species and more!!!

Even when I wasn't diving, the Centre was a social hub in Tofo and it was great to meet and chat with other divers. The adjoining cafe/restaurant has great food.

I was incredibly impressed by the quality of staff and the diving at Tofo Scuba. There was a nice range of shallow and deep water dives and they were open to gearing dives around what I and other divers wanted (locations etc), dependant on weather of course.

Whilst Mozambique and Tofo Beach itself are on the expensive side, Tofo Scuba were awesome and well worth the visit. I would definitely come back here again and again. They made my trip to Mozambique fan-freaking-tastic.