“We felt right at home!”
Review of Top Storey B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Whangarei Heads
Top Storey B&B
Michigan
“We felt right at home!”
Reviewed October 31, 2011

We stayed in the garden unit for three nights and couldn't have asked for better hosts. Jane and Ian were so friendly and helpful by giving us suggestions on the best things to see on the island. Jane was very accommodating with breakfast on the days we wanted to be out exploring as the sun came up. The room was very large with a kitchen and direct access to the relaxing backyard. The location of the B&B was great for us to explore the North Island in day trips. We both will highly recommend this place!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Pyeongtaek, South Korea
Reviewed September 22, 2011

My husband and I had our original plans fall through, and we ended up crashing here last minute. It was the best accident of our entire trip!! They have 2 separate B&B areas, one downstairs and one up, and both are large enough for families of 4 - easily. My husband and I stayed in the downstairs, which had full kitchen, full bathroom, and it's own entrance if you want privacy. There's a tavern not too far up the road so we were able to catch a rugby match and a beer before bed. The couple that owns the place are wonderfully friendly and helpful, we left the next morning with full stomachs from a cooked breakfast, tons of advice on things to do in the area, and a dozen or so maps to get us there. I know if we end up in that part of the world again, we will be staying here! (This time we'll give you some notice :D ) Thanks Jane and Ian for the wonderful stay!!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 21, 2011

Had a great two night stay. Great hospitality, assistance to locate restaurants and directions whenever we needed. Thanks Jane and Ian!

• Stayed September 2011
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed August 28, 2011

We have just had the pleasure of staying overnight in our first B&B in the Garden Cottage at Top Storey B&B Parua Bay.Thanks to wonderful hosts, and very clean and comfortable facilities, I will be recommending to friends heading North, and will most certainly come back. Julie Johnson....Highly reccommended.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Julie J
Wales
Reviewed February 10, 2011

After a few days in Auckland we stayed at Top Storey for 4 nights on our way up to the Bay of Islands. We were given a very warm welcome by Jane & Ian & were very pleased with our comfortable Garden Room. Every morning Jane provided a delicious breakfast which included home-made jams & tomatoes from the garden.
Jane gave us advice on places to visit in the area & on where to eat, both being invaluable. We went to a wonderful secluded bay at Matauri which was so lovely that we spent the best part of two days there.
We felt we had made real friends in Jane & Ian & would definitely recommend Top Storey as a B&B to visit.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed January 21, 2011

We thoroughly enjoyed our overnight stay here. The accommodation was spacious and the bonus for our 17 yr old son was the pool table-what more does a teenager need? As we arrived in the late afternoon of a very hot humid day our upstairs accommodation was very hot - however we soon enjoyed lovely cool rooms thanks to the air conditioner.
A very tranquil spot, close to everything and overlooking the harbour. We enjoyed the beautiful garden and Jane and Ian were the perfect hosts. A delicious breakfast awaited us next morning, either continental or cooked, with great choice including homemade jams. Thankyou Jane and Ian.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed January 5, 2011

We made an online booking, paid in full and received a booking confirmation email.

Upon arrival Jane informed us that there was a double booking due to her using multiple online booking systems and that she'd arranged accommodation for us at a B&B around the corner. We'd booked two rooms with TV and A/C, this was one room without A/C or TV, although cheaper this would not have been our choice.

She promptly refunded us which was great, but she should have phoned us as soon as she realised the mistake rather than waiting for us to arrive first, and me having to drive around to draw cash to pay for accommodation as the second place did not take EFTpos wasn't pleasant.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
jsjane, Owner at Top Storey B&B, responded to this review, January 7, 2011
I thank you for your comments and your initial booking. I accept your point totally, and apologise.This is the ONLY time this has ever happened since December 2005 when I started the B&B.

Both parties who had booked arrived within an hour of each other. I had not picked up the problem until the first party arrived. I had been extremely busy and realised with a jolt what had happened !!!! I did not telephone as it was really too late as you were due to arrive and I concentrated on finding some accommodation for you. I knew that accommodation was very scarce all over the area. I found some with a neighbour in her private home who sometimes does B&B. Luckily just down the road and closer to the beach. I am sorry it was not comparable with what you had booked with me - you did have a clean and comfortable place to stay without the hassle of finding somwhere late in the day.

Again my apologies

Been to Top Storey B&B? Share your experiences!