The hotel, grounds and staff are wonderful. This resort is nice for those who want spa treatments, yoga and to relax around the pool but not much to offer in the way of anything active. The beach is rocky and shallow but clean in front of the hotel however the surrounding beaches are somewhat trashy and not very appealing. The commercial area around the hotel has little to offer so plan on eating and staying on the grounds.
We found the food to be very good and enjoyed all of our meals. That being said, the menus are limited and there are no simple dishes offered. It would be great if the lunch menu had some ala carte items but the choices were only three course meals (although a few in our group managed to order club sandwiches). Getting a drink outside of meal time is not easy. There is a bar but it is generally not staffed, I had to go into the kitchen to find someone to get a glass of wine and a cocktail to take down to watch the sunset.
The rooms are very well done and comfortable but only a sliding glass door that looks out to the common space (no windows) with a solid interior sliding to provide privacy. Therefore, if you wanted any privacy in your room you had to cut off all outside light, so relaxing in the room was not ideal.
Wi-fi was only available in the reception area and would only accept 4 people at a time so it was cumbersome. Compounding this was that most of the seating in the reception area was set up to give incoming guests foot massages so there was only limited places to sit and wait to get on the internet. The manager did tell us that the wi-fi was being upgraded so hopefully this problem will not continue.
Both my wife and I enjoyed the spa treatments we had and wished that we had done the yoga sessions that were offered. They looked very well run. A nice place, with good service but a little too formal and confining for our tastes.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We welcome you to Spa Village Resort Tembok Bali to experience some of the delightful discoveries of Balinese life. To guide you towards the positive effects of an ancient lifestyle and to help you restore or re-discover your sense of "self" we provide four paths; Balance, Creativity, Vigor and the Spa Village Academy. Immersed in Balinese culture, each path is designed to offer you an authentic Balinese experience. We invite you to join us on a journey into these rich and colorful traditions. Here you will learn how to apply some of the aspects of the local culture into your own life. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Booking.com, Agoda, Odigeo, Priceline, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com and Travelocity so you can book your Spa Village Resort Tembok Bali reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Spa Village Resort Tembok Bali Hotel Tembok
- Hotel Village Tembok Bali
- Resort Village Tembok Bali
- Spa Village Resort Tembok Bali Tejakula