“Another good local Restaurant”
Review of Ruby's Restaurant - CLOSED

Ruby's Restaurant
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Local high street restaurant
Reviewed July 6, 2014

Went to Ruby's recently with friends for lunch. It is next to the Tesco Petrol Station in Bushey High Road. There is a car park at the rear though quite narrow to navigate down or a pay and display virtually opposite. There is a garden at the back with picnic tables which we only found out about when we left as my friend had parked her car at the back and offered me a lift, when I spotted it. It would have been nice as it was a very hot day. There are a few tables out the front but we didn't want to sit near the main road with the traffic going past, although I have seen people sitting there on other days. Obviously they were not bothered by that. When you enter the Restaurant there are lots of places to sit. There is a bar area which looked well stocked. They offer a special 2-course menu for £12.00 either starter and main or main and dessert. There is also the ordinary menu which has a lot of choices. My meal consisted of chicken soup with lockshen(noodle or spaghetti looking) and a knadel (type of dumpling) which was very tasty. It had carrot and pieces of chicken in it. It was served with a slice of granary bread and butter. The menu can be seen online if you wish to take a look. I then followed with Escalalope of Chicken on mashed potato with a mushroom sauce. It was a huge portion but very tasty. I had with it a bottle of Sparkling Water. One of my friends had a starter of two fish cakes on salad and followed with Apple Strudel and Vanilla Icecream which she said was delicious. We all had coffees and/or teas. The price was extremely reasonable as we didn't have wines as we don't drink. There were a couple of tables occupied but it wasn't particularly busy, but that's not to say it wasn't nice because it was. The toilets on the ground floor were very clean and modern with soap and hand cream which was a nice touch. It was a very nice meal but it was a shame there wasn't much atmosphere.

2  Thank Lynda K
There are newer reviews for Ruby's Restaurant

Reviewed July 2, 2014

I recently hired Ruby's for my husbands 50th birthday party. They were so helpful with my requests and nothing was to much trouble. On the night - the service for 60 people was impeccable, the portions were enormous and the food delicious - all my friends commented on how good the food was.
Thank you so much for such a fantastic evening, we will definitely be back to eat soon.

Reviewed June 1, 2014

they have a 2 course set luncheon for £10 per head and on a Sunday £10 for a main meal consisting of several choices. You nearly always have to book its so popular and they are extremely accommodating with regard to special diets, fads etc.

1  Thank Anne B
Reviewed April 3, 2014

We went here for a family late lunch on a busy sunday afternoon.

The food was delicious and generous portions. I highly recommend the chicken escalope, but others really enjoyed the roast dinner.
The staff were very friendly and accommodating, as we had a few children in our group.

It felt spacious even though we were a big group, and the prices were reasonable.

1  Thank hezel13
Reviewed March 16, 2014

We arrived at 12 noonfor an early sunday lunch.We weren't rushed into ordering our food and enjoyed a drink whilst waiting for our late arrival.I had the chicken pate followed by traditional roast beef lunch with a yorkshire pudding as big as my plate which was crispy and light.Veg was abit to crunchy for my liking and the gravy was limited[would have been nice in a jug].my wife commented that the chicken was abit tough, with a small amount of white wine sauce. 3 out of the 5 of us had dessert .the cheesecake was fantastic .with soft drinks the bill came to £72.00+ 10% servce charge! No tip left as I do not agree with service charge.