“Not bad, small thing can lift experience. Will try again.”
Review of Ruby's Restaurant - CLOSED

Ruby's Restaurant
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Local high street restaurant
london uk
“Not bad, small thing can lift experience. Will try again.”
Reviewed January 12, 2014

We have been here a few time, most recent visit, to start I had the chicken soup excellent, really enjoyed it, didn't finish it as wanted to have room for my dinner, had the Braised Steak, which was very tough, not cooked enough, the veg let the food down, it seemed like frozen, peas corn and a few carrots, shame, my friends had the fish caked also excellent, and the stroganoff, one steak one mushroom, very good, the rice was lovely, they had the chocolate cake to finish also excellent, I had the strudel, not so good, the apples were tinned, and not cooked enough,
would go back, but choose different options.
Still a fan.

• Visited January 2014

Newhaven, United Kingdom
“Wow ! tripadvisor comes up trumps again !”
Reviewed December 18, 2013

Wanting to take a friend living in Bushey out to lunch, I took to tripadvisor to look for inspiration. Coming across Ruby's and reading the reviews and checking out their website I made a booking for lunch.
Arriving just prior to our booked time of 1:30 we were efficiently shown to our table in a very clean and comfortable dining area.
The restaurant had a very pleasant atmosphere with an air of efficiency and professionalism about the staff who gave just the right level of attentiveness.
The menus arrived very quickly although the staff were very busy and we had a choice of a full a la carte menu, a lunch menu with a choice of five starters, about a dozen or more, appetizing and varied, main courses and four or five desserts at a very reasonable price of £10 for two courses or a menu of 'lite bites' consisting of omelettes, filled jacket potatoes, Light snacks and tortilla wraps at around £7 each.
We opted for the two course option , Chicken Soup and Thai Chicken Curry, Beef Stroganoff and Apple Strudel and Lamb's Liver and Apple Strudel. Everything was very well presented and tasty, perfectly seasoned and piping hot .
We washed this down with a very pleasant bottle of Cuvee des Vignerons ( #1 on the wine list ) a most delightful dry and fruity white.
I will definitely return there on a future visit to the area and have no hesitation whatsoever in recommending Ruby's to fellow tripadvisor users.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank davidrein
St. Albans, United Kingdom
“Decent enough food, terrific service!”
Reviewed December 2, 2013

I went to Ruby's last week for the "2 courses for £10" offering - which was very reasonable, i had pate for starter which was a 3/10, very bland and the crackers provided where from a well known supermarket shelf, not very unique. The main was a lot better, i wanted the brie and chicken dish (mainly for the brie) but also wanted a burger, so i asked the attractive well presented young waiter who said his name was David, if i could possibly have the burger but with brie on it/on the side. It came and had a generous helping of brie, what a delight that was. David brought the drinks over swiftly and tended to our needs every time we asked.

Visited November 2013
Bedford, United Kingdom
“Nice lunch”
Reviewed November 22, 2013

We went here on a Wednesday for lunch, there were three of us. It is bright and very clean.
We were shown to our table and given the menu, there was the a la carte, a lunch time special at £10 for 2 courses £12 for 3, and a light bites one.

My self and my husband both chose from the £10 menu, we had chicken soup followed by beef stroganoff, these both came up pipping hot, and a nice portion. My dad ordered vorst and eggs which came with chips and coleslaw.

We all had a drink and my dad a coffee, and the bill came to £38 to include a tip. Very reasonable for what we had, we will visit again.

There is parking at the back, and you can park on the street as well, we did book, just as well as it was packed. The service was a little slow, but we were in no hurry.

• Visited November 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Not bad”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Average food, not much atmosphere but staff very friendly.
Maybe I should try and evening - only been for lunch!

• Visited May 2013