“Rude and aggressive staff”

Murrays Craft Brewing Company
Ranked #1 of 4 Restaurants in Bobs Farm
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 7, 2014 via mobile

We drove a few hours just to visit the brewery because we were fans of their products.

However we were really unnerved by the old guy working there as he had very poor customer service. He was really aggressive and rude. After spending $300 there he tried to start a political debate with us out of nowhere. He completely instigated an argument out of thin air while we were paying. We had to walk away from the place after repeated attempts to end the conversation politely. When we walked away he yelled after us rudely. It was totally shocking behavior.

Him and another woman were working behind the counter and he also was rude and aggressive when a girl ordered food a specific way and he did not want to allow her order through.

The woman complained about the bus loads of Chinese tourists while we were there and lamented that they never bought anything so we stayed longer and dined as well as bought more than we probably would have if we hadn't felt so bad for the staff. Because of this is was even more upsetting that we were treated the way we were before we left.

If you want to be served by an ignorant and aggressive old man then this is the place for you. Otherwise avoid it. Will never support this company again and will actively voice my opinion to any of my mates who support this company. I regret every penny spent here.

12  Thank Albirdt

Reviewed April 5, 2014

Our family raved about Murray's Brewery. I'm not a beer drinker so that part was lost on me. However the outdoor setting was wonderful - and I have no doubt that bookings are absolutely essential on weekends. There were 10 of us and despite the crowd putting in lunch orders - the service was excellent and food all came promptly and pretty much together. The pizzas are something else - be warned, they are enormous and readily suit sharing. I had what I thought would be a small meal of the marinara - it was huge as well. Still - food great, setting great and the beer drinkers were suitably impressed with the beers. It was hard to get a decent supply of water - why don't outdoor venues just give in now and have water coolers set up (like Asia) where you can help yourself? I think most Aussies would be happy with disposable cups, rather than wait for glassware to be constantly replenished. A small complaint for a lovely afternoon.

Reviewed February 14, 2014

Murray & his staff made Tom & Alyssa's wedding reception very special. The venue was chosen for it's relaxing atmosphere & the guests enjoyed refreshments near the bocce court while the bridal party had their photos taken in the vineyard. Guests enjoyed a decadent meal & sampled the beer & wine throughout the evening. Thank you to Gayleen the wedding planner who accommodated all our requests. Amanda & her decorating team who showed so much attention to detail & created an atmosphere of simplicity with style. Murray you truly have an amazing team working for you & together they make your venue THE place to be. Thank you. We look forward to our son's 21st Birthday Lunch in March.

Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

Went to Murray's for a 40th birthday - wood fire pizza buffet. When I asked for gluten free they were only too happy to make me my own gf pizza and then brought it out to me with gf chips and my own salad. Pizza was beautiful and I love the Skinny Dip wine there :)) 5 star service.

Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

My husband paid for his growler to be refilled with Big Wednesday off the tap. He was informed it was available by the girl behind the counter. Murray himself then came and told hubby that the beer was not available, even after payment, and he had waited 20 minutes. Murray was very rude, told him to take his money back and that he wouldn't be getting what he paid for. So rude with no customer service skills, we will never return to Murray's.

5  Thank Krissy B