“Great weekend” 5 of 5 bubbles

6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Great weekend”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

Just got back from a weekend riding with my wife and daughter. Stayed in the farmhouse and was given a warm welcome. very clean and tidy,with a fantastic breakfast. The riding was great, had 2 full days and enjoyed every minute of it. The weather wasn't the best but didn't stop us. went up into the hills, through forests and across open country, all in all, a weekend we will never forget. Hopefully booking soon for another break.

Visited June 2013

Birmingham, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“b & b and horse riding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

Once again myself and a friend, stayed with Haydn and Carol at the farm house, with a warm welcome, and a fantastic cooked breakfast, there is also a choice of an evening meal, which is much the same as the breakfast (fantastic). set in an ideal location, whether as a horse rider, walker, or just passing through. The horses are very well looked after and the trekking/hacking staff are all great girls. The farmhouse is a 4 star, and I have to admit I totally agree, the rooms are clean, spacious, and large, very comfortable beds, the room that the guests get to use, also is huge it has a tv, with comfy chairs and sofa.s, and when it gets a bit cold, they come and light the log burner, it really is a great place to come and stay, very homely... I would highly recommend Tregoyd, wholeheartedly , and will be visiting again this year
Gail

Visited May 2013
Hook, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“To marks AGAIN!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

Just returned again from 2 days Hacking with Tregoyd and what can i say.........Brillant once again. Couple of new ladies took my friend and I out on the first days and although our had only been working with Tregoyd for 4 weeks it certainly didn't show. She clearly had been working hard learning all the routes and characters of the horses She was so freindly, cheery had great ease with conversation and just lovely. She will truly be an asset to Tregoyd! She gave me some helpful tips on my standing canter and gentle pushing when i needed it so BIG thanks to Em's our guide. Thanks also to Kat for the exploring of the second day. Thanks to Duke for looking after me and the fastest canter i have ever had a horse truly to love and looked after me well. Major for just your get up and go;) Thanks once again to Haydn for a wonderful stay. Hope to see you all again in the near future;)

Visited April 2013
Broadwell, United Kingdom
“Great ride”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

An experienced rider myself, always wanted to go riding with my husband. He booked it for my Christmas present and we went in March. Ride was 2 hours up through a forest, alongside a river then down a steep incline the other side. Had snowed during the week so up on the higher hills you could see the snow. Could have been in the Alps!! Was just myself, my husband and the trek leader who was lovely and chatted a little but also left us to chat to ourselves. My husband had never ridden before and so the leader talked him through the basics and also let me hang back and canter to catch up so we had the best of both worlds. Highly recommend.

Visited March 2013
pluto
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“finest steeds around”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2012

Having ridden here since i was about 3ft tall with the PGL holidays on a small pony called fudge, i kept on coming back for quite sometime riding more and more of the horses they have available with some very good leaders along the way.

I would highly recommend this place for anyone who wishes to ride some of the best bridleways and common land you will find in the country. :) They cater for all abilities and ages. Horses from ones by your knees for them teeny people to the larger 18hh horses for the larger variety.

The horse B&B is also a brilliant service which allows you to take your own horse and enjoy the riding (with or without a guide) from a seat you are comfy in. :) Haydn is a super awesome cook. be it breakfast of evening meals. YUMMY!!!!!!

Staff all very friendly, local pub, The three horse shoes is just brilliant, food is amazing and you can choose the music. brilliant!!!!

The welsh weather is much to be desired, so pack a rain coat and you will be good to go!!! :)

Visited December 2012