“Relax - your at Vals!”
Review of Bay Tree Farm

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Aldfield
Bay Tree Farm
Ranked #2 of 2 Aldfield B&B and Inns
Manchester
“Relax - your at Vals!”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

This is one of the truly great British B&Bs. We are couple with two year old, so evening meal option for us was ideal, after putting said little one to bed. Great home cooking - soups, braised beef, crumbles etc - rib sticking stuff, an truly tasty.
Rooms are great, the location a dream, and so, so tranquil. The welcome is so very friendly and heartfelt - Val is a super busy dynamo, and the heartbeat of this operation.
Ideally placed for touring the area - Fountains Abbey, Newby Hall etc so very close.
As other have said, just go, relax, eat well and feel better. This is better than a Spa, and spa's don't serve crumble.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Stoke On Trent
Reviewed June 5, 2013

We chose Bay Tree Farm because they were happy to have us with our elderly Labrador. From the moment we arrived everything was taken care of and nothing was too much trouble. I don't know where Val gets so much energy! Highly recommended not only for the location, comfort and delicious food but also the wonderful friendly atmosphere.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Saraki
west yorkshire
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Just had a night at Bay tree farm, this was not enough, it was like been at home, lovely welcome from Valarie, she gave us a couple of beers on arrival. nice touch we thought, not like a b&b. met a lovely couple whilst we were there and had dinner with them in the farmhouse,they had been going there for the past 23 years, so I think that really says it all. Dinner well recommended, valarie had to pop out and help her husband deliver a calf half way through dinner. this is proper country living.came back then and continued with pudding. I can not recommend this place enough,
small tip. dont just have one night, its not enough. We will be back.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Worcester
Reviewed April 28, 2013

What's not to like about this place. The rooms are immaculate. The location is excellent and the communal breakfasts are a rather jolly affair. What makes it stand out, though, is the welcome. A cup of tea always seems to be available, often with some home made cake. Val, the mistress of the house, always has time for a chat despite her farming duties. Claire, her impossibly youthful looking second in command is always friendly and cheerful. Can't fault it at all.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank alanb2828
Shanghai
Reviewed April 19, 2013

My new wife and I recently got married at Fountains Abbey in Rippon and needed somewhere to stay for the two nights before along with our bridal party. Val met myself and my fiance at the time along with my Mum & Dad and Laura's Mum, sister and close friend. She gave us some tea and home made chocolate cake to rival those of said sis and close friend, which is no mean feat. The following day half of this party left and my groomsmen arrived with families in tow. This meant that Val had to change the rooms from doubles to twins, add cots and generally sort things out within a few hours. This was done without fuss and as if this was nothing more than should happen. I'm sure many of you will agree that in fact this "chore" would be made clear by many B&B / hotel owners!!! VAl had a drink with us in the living room and was very in an unobtrusive way. Breakfasts were awesome and locally sourced. Nothing was too much trouble. Furthermore, we got some pictures which will be in our wedding album on the premises which was very much unexpected. I cannot thank Val and those at Bay Tree for their hospitality and for adding to the most fabulous few days of our lives. Thank you so so much. Dan & Laura.

Room Tip: The cottage which my Mum and Dad took, though compact was very, VERY comfy and cute... I think my ol...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
grimsby
Reviewed March 12, 2013

I have just had the pleasure of staying at the Bay Tree Farm and fancied a changed from the usual hotels I stay in on business. I was the only person staying during the week as it was slightly out of season, however I couldn't have felt more welcome and comfortable whilst I was there. The attention to detail in the room was great - such as hooks for your coats, great quality bathroom fixtures, quality bedding and towels. The evening meal cooked by Val was delicious and I am really looking forward to taking my family back there later on in the year to sample the B & B, hospitality and the 'cooked' breakfast during a leisure break!!!!! Well Done and I'll be back!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank pandaGrimsby
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 17, 2013

We stayed for two nights at Bay Tree Farm - having travelled on public transport to get there, we were warmly greeted by Val with tea and homemade cake as "the people without a car"! The room was spotless, well decorated and extremely comfortable. Throughout our stay, Val went out of her way to recommend places to visit, and kindly dropped us to Ripon for a meal, and to catch our train home - which was generous and unexpected. We had a fabulous time, thanks to Val for her kind welcome and generosity. We'll definitely be back again, maybe with a car next time!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aldfield
The Old Deanery
#1 of 2 in Aldfield
The Moorhouse
The Moorhouse
#1 of 2 in Kirkby Malzeard

Been to Bay Tree Farm? Share your experiences!