Bay Tree Farm
$112
$336
$292
Priceline
The BW Crown Hotel(Boroughbridge)(Great Value!)
$89
$78
Hotels.com
$107
Ascot House Hotel Harrogate(Harrogate)(Great Value!)
$83
$62
Cairn Hotel(Harrogate)(Great Value!)
$155
$61
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsother guestsfountains abbeystayed longerevening mealhouse partyhome madeconverted barncomfortable bedscan't praisesteak specialnext morningcomfortable stayattention to detaila great stayfamily roomcouldn't do enoughshort walk
Reviewed April 28, 2013

What's not to like about this place. The rooms are immaculate. The location is excellent and the communal breakfasts are a rather jolly affair. What makes it stand out, though, is the welcome. A cup of tea always seems to be available, often with some home made cake. Val, the mistress of the house, always has time for a chat despite her farming duties. Claire, her impossibly youthful looking second in command is always friendly and cheerful. Can't fault it at all.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank alanb2828
Reviewed April 19, 2013

My new wife and I recently got married at Fountains Abbey in Rippon and needed somewhere to stay for the two nights before along with our bridal party. Val met myself and my fiance at the time along with my Mum & Dad and Laura's Mum, sister and close friend. She gave us some tea and home made chocolate cake to rival those of said sis and close friend, which is no mean feat. The following day half of this party left and my groomsmen arrived with families in tow. This meant that Val had to change the rooms from doubles to twins, add cots and generally sort things out within a few hours. This was done without fuss and as if this was nothing more than should happen. I'm sure many of you will agree that in fact this "chore" would be made clear by many B&B / hotel owners!!! VAl had a drink with us in the living room and was very in an unobtrusive way. Breakfasts were awesome and locally sourced. Nothing was too much trouble. Furthermore, we got some pictures which will be in our wedding album on the premises which was very much unexpected. I cannot thank Val and those at Bay Tree for their hospitality and for adding to the most fabulous few days of our lives. Thank you so so much. Dan & Laura.

Room Tip: The cottage which my Mum and Dad took, though compact was very, VERY comfy and cute... I think my old man wants to buy it from them :)
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 12, 2013

I have just had the pleasure of staying at the Bay Tree Farm and fancied a changed from the usual hotels I stay in on business. I was the only person staying during the week as it was slightly out of season, however I couldn't have felt more welcome and comfortable whilst I was there. The attention to detail in the room was great - such as hooks for your coats, great quality bathroom fixtures, quality bedding and towels. The evening meal cooked by Val was delicious and I am really looking forward to taking my family back there later on in the year to sample the B & B, hospitality and the 'cooked' breakfast during a leisure break!!!!! Well Done and I'll be back!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank pandaGrimsby
Reviewed February 17, 2013

We stayed for two nights at Bay Tree Farm - having travelled on public transport to get there, we were warmly greeted by Val with tea and homemade cake as "the people without a car"! The room was spotless, well decorated and extremely comfortable. Throughout our stay, Val went out of her way to recommend places to visit, and kindly dropped us to Ripon for a meal, and to catch our train home - which was generous and unexpected. We had a fabulous time, thanks to Val for her kind welcome and generosity. We'll definitely be back again, maybe with a car next time!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 8, 2013

My family and I have been visiting Bay Tree Farm for years, and it never disappoints. Val is an excellent host - and an awesome cook - and makes you feel very at home. On my most recent visit I was upstairs in the converted barn, in a large, spotless room with en suite and lovely view of the garden outside. Val is really knowledgeable on the local area, and has lots of suggestions on where to go and what to do (if you need them). Also, her cooked breakfasts are amazing!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple