Review Highlights
Fun for all.....

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
andicarre
London, United Kingdom
Fantastic day out for all the family

Reviewed 1 week ago
sjw2445
Edinburgh, United Kingdom

1,882 results
All reviews all ages booked online roller coaster alton towers older kids great family day value for money fast food birds of prey packed lunch half term raptor attack school holidays falconry centre an adult angry birds year olds
Reviewed 1 week ago

Plenty of rides to keep all ages and levels of participation happy. Having been a regular to Flamingo Land, we fancied a change. We got the VIP tickets, which were excellent value with a good range of food choices with the meal deal. There is plenty of snacks and coffee vans dotted around and the rides are spaced out with good landscaped areas to walk around, sit and have a picnic and just enjoy the atmosphere. I'm not a fan of the rides, but still enjoyed the day.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

The rides that were open were good, we were disappointed with the farm, most animals were plastic and the bird of prey part was closed without being told this on entry. I feel we should of had reduced rates as lots of bits were closed, the little ice cream stands etc, no boats on the lake, the big pirate ship, another ride just as you go in, we were a bit disappointed but made the most of it. I think reductions should be made when attractions are closed especially the birds of prey section as this was something we were really looking forward to

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

This place reminded me of Banksy's Dismaland. Charged peak prices for October half term and half the things were shut. Was looking forward to trying the ultimate... Shut with no warning on the website or entrance, no discounts offered. Large pirate ship, shut. All the stalls, shut.
Kids between 1.0 and 1.3m pay a cheaper price but if they are under 1.1m like mine, they can hardly go on anything.
Water rides have nobody vacuuming or wiping the seats down so you sit in a muddy puddle, I recommend taking waterproof pants. Oh and the staff don't even help kids disembark a moving water raft so you better hope you are strong and agile.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We have visited lightwater many times but this is the first time in Halloween. It was great, they had really put in lots of effort to make it creepy with lots of staff dressed up and a fun scary maze and walk through. Also, because of the time of year, the place was not packed so rides had short cues. Wrap up warm though, as it is winter!!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Had a really great day, my 3 year old son loved it, was big enough for lots of rides, the frightwater valley theme was good, not too scary, the staff were all amazing, all getting into the spirit of things, especially the guy dressed up as a scary pirate, my son harrased him for the most of the day, had such a good time we’re going back again on Saturday

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Disappointed to say the least, having previously been to the last 2 years Halloween trips to Lightwater Valley this years was very disappointing, arrived on Sunday 28th October with my partner and children aged 10 years, 12 years, and 16 years, upon arrival didn’t seem very halloweeny at all, hardly any characters to meet and greet, couldn’t find the maze which is suppose to be the highlight of the event, had to ask numerous staff members where it was, totally out of the way at the far end of the park next to a children’s play park, this was along walk from all the other attractions and rides, compared to previous years was terrible, previous years you had fabulous Halloween characters dressed up in the walk way to the main attractions, there were scary characters on the railway line etc, none of that this year, apparently a few staff members said it was because little children were scared previous years, it’s called fright water valley n perhaps not suitable for tiny children, but why spoil it for everyone1 else, total total let down, outside catering vans in the park I noticed 2 of those along with very expensive prices for food, Lightwater Valley you have let yourselves down this year, where was all the entertainment whilst waiting for the fireworks like previous years with fire walkers n characters on stilts, you may have tried to save money but in the process you will have lost returning customers, aparanltly got told the park had new owners this year so perhaps that’s why it was a totally different experience to previous years, perhaps the new owners need to look at why it has failed miserably so much this year, myself and my family will not be returning for another Halloween experience next year, frightwater valley you are not anymore, totall rip off entry prices and rip off catering vans selling expensive food, very disappointing day had by all

3  Thank Julie S
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Visited Frightwater Valley as it has been a big hit recently. The scare entrance was okay as most little children went round so was scary for them, thought that at 2 or 4 at least it would be a little more scary. No I was incorrect it didn’t get scary one bit unless you waited for the scare maze which was good. Food prices were okay but service poor in hungry harbour. Went to go on farm tour and saw two real animals other fake and the lad running it was wearing jogging bottoms and blue shoes? Which my friend recently got sent home from work for wearing different shoes. Thank god the young man on waltzers was funny as everyone else who works there looked bored out of there head. Fireworks to start at 6 but didn’t start till 6:15..... what is happening lightwater?????

1  Thank Secretshopper404
LightwaterValley, Manager at Lightwater Valley Theme Park, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for your comments.We have acted on customer feedback this year which was that the park was too scary for younger children and there was no way of avoiding the scares, so this year we had an all new and even scarier Scare Maze in a separate area of the park. We are sorry to read that you were disappointed with this year's Frightwater Valley. The fireworks were scheduled to start at 6pm, however they were delayed until 6.15 for the simple reason that it wasn't dark enough. I am sure that you can appreciate the benefit of having a fireworks display when they can be seen.
Thank you again for your feedback and we will review all comments after the event when we start preparing for next year.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

A lovely location set in natural surroundings and comprising a range of rides and activities with something to suit all ages. From high adrenalin thrill rides to more sedate Swan pedaloes on the lake. My particular favourite was the falconry centre where number of different birds of prey are housed and nurtured, some of which a flown at an afternoon showing. Lots of information about their natural habits and habitats.
My only criticism would be the lack of food options for vegetarians and vegans!
I liked the fact that having paid for entry there was no further charge for any of the rides.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This was the second time we have visited Lightwater Valley with our kids, the first time we came to Frightwater Valley a couple of years ago (which was a fantastic day) but this year our half term fell early so the Hallowe’en themed attractions were not on. This did not spoil our enjoyment though, we love this place! I think it’s perfect for younger children. The faster rides and rollercoasters are tame enough for my 10 year old to go on them all and the whole place feels very safe and well run. Best of all no queues!! I don’t know what it’s like in the summer but the weather was fab for our visit and we didn’t queue once, it didn’t feel busy at all, and this made it a very pleasant day out.

I have read other reviews about it looking shabby and run down and I didn’t agree with this at all, I found it clean and well kept with friendly staff. It may lack the sophistication of some of the bigger theme parks but this is unimportant to my children at their ages. I will happily take the ease of going on rides without queueing for hours and sacrifice the bells and whistles!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Been here sinse i was a kid now 36 years old . And this park has had no money spent on it for years on any new rides . If u can call fair ground type rides new then they dont count things that can be moved . I mean big rides like the ultimate or the old rat ride . Look at every other park and they spend loads . Could be a good park but needs money spending on new rides . And the price is high for entery

1  Thank crad08